Dutch Beggar In Bangkok

bkkmadness

You know, seeing this video really bothers me.

I have lived and worked in Thailand for 10+ years. Thanks to some pretty good luck, a A LOT of hard work and following the rules, I have managed to stay here legally and have had a great and prosperous life.

Tourists like this are just plain wrong. This guy (and others like him) needs to go home. He can get on the dol in his own country if he needs money so badly.

I have filed a complaint at http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...hp?page=comment about this, referencing this post.

I encourage all of you to also file a complaint; maybe the Immigration Bureau will take some action. People like this make all farangs in The Kingdom look bad.

PLEASE ACT.

I've just done it as i totally agree with you 100% tweezer. THE MANS A DISGRACE, anyone in dought please watch the video very carfully and listen to the rumor's on this guy its gotten away this for far to long!

chris, i sincerely hope you are not here teaching english, if so i am tempted to report you.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE.... he's STILL here...

6000-baht-short.jpg

"I AM 6000 baht short..."

This oddly grim and slightly too old grifter is pulling a traditional scam that allegedly is quite profitable. The photo was taken outside of MBK.

His sign reads: I am 6000 baht short to go back home HOLLAND. Can you help me?

Then it lists suggestions for donations: 20, 50, 100, 500 , 1000 baht, etc.

- 2bangkok

guess he make a pretty good living now.

he does look much better then he did before ,

geuss good business .

I am thinking to post the thread to a Dutch newspaper ,

pretty sure it will get printed , maybe on tv .

On the other hand maybe not , cause its not my problem heh ?

Not just the haircut, he looks pretty clean cut as well, those shorts are molecule brand and they aren't that cheap to buy either. His shirt is pretty well pressed too.

I'd say times (and farang) have been treating this little con-monkey very well.

geuss good business .

No it's not your, -or my- problem but he's a shame to the Dutch people in general.

I mean if someone is in real trouble he or she should be helped, but this guy is begging, not to go home, but to stay in Thailand and live a simple easy life without working for it.

I say: go ahead and inform the press/television; maybe that will wake up the Embassy as well; they should 'deport' him, back to Holland.

He's a disgrace to Holland as well as Thailand. :o

LaoPo

I walked past this guy the other day on the way to the pool and saw a young Thai girl giving him 20 baht. .... :o I don't think it's right - the guy's been trying to get 6,000 baht for how long and nobody does anything... The rest of us work to earn a crust!

6000-baht-short.jpg

"I AM 6000 baht short..."

This oddly grim and slightly too old grifter is pulling a traditional scam that allegedly is quite profitable. The photo was taken outside of MBK.

His sign reads: I am 6000 baht short to go back home HOLLAND . Can you help me?

Then it lists suggestions for donations: 20, 50, 100, 500 , 1000 baht, etc.

- 2bangkok

geuss good business .

No it's not your, -or my- problem but he's a shame to the Dutch people in general.

I mean if someone is in real trouble he or she should be helped, but this guy is begging, not to go home, but to stay in Thailand and live a simple easy life without working for it.

I say: go ahead and inform the press/television; maybe that will wake up the Embassy as well; they should 'deport' him, back to Holland.

Agree... especially when he proclaims that so vividly on his sign.

Not just the haircut, he looks pretty clean cut as well, those shorts are molecule brand and they aren't that cheap to buy either ...
250THB @ KSR :-)

Jeez!

They are flogging those things for over double that up in CM!

I wuz robbed! :o

There's a completely wrecked looking farang guy who hangs around Surawong Road also, been there for a couple of years I think. He doesn't have a sign or anything, and he's not begging outright, but he's clearly a down-and-out, clearly addicted to some substance(s), and usually sits by the roadside gurning and fidgeting around. A sad sight to see a westerner like this in a developing country. Still, I wonder why he hasn't been picked up by the police yet? Anyone else seen this guy, or spoken to him?

There's a completely wrecked looking farang guy who hangs around Surawong Road also, been there for a couple of years I think. He doesn't have a sign or anything, and he's not begging outright, but he's clearly a down-and-out, clearly addicted to some substance(s), and usually sits by the roadside gurning and fidgeting around. A sad sight to see a westerner like this in a developing country. Still, I wonder why he hasn't been picked up by the police yet? Anyone else seen this guy, or spoken to him?

ive seen this guy. i wonder if he is on some drug or just mentally unstable. he sits in a corner covered in filth and something is wrong with him. he usually shouts "hello" or "how are you". he is definitely much worse off than mr. holand.

i agree, it does suck that this guy is taking 20 baht off some thai girl who might make that in an hour. if he wants to beg, he should not lie about needing x baht to get home. he should just sit with a cup and let other people give if they want to. why cant he teach english or sell stuff on ebay like other farang do to scrape by?

ive seen this guy. i wonder if he is on some drug or just mentally unstable. he sits in a corner covered in filth and something is wrong with him. he usually shouts "hello" or "how are you". he is definitely much worse off than mr. holand.

Yes, that's definitely the guy. Sometimes he looks reasonably OK, but on other days he looks absolutely dreadful - sunken eyes, unkempt, filthy arms and legs, etc. "How are you?" is what he always says, or "sawasdee khap" if a Thai passes him. Still not seen him actually begging though, but I'm sure if you spoke to him he'd inevitably ask for money at some stage.

Kudos to the beggars for finding a way to make a living. I did feel like taking some money out of his hat for myself when I passed one near chit Lom recently, though. And I saw some Thais giving him money. Crazy world.

geuss good business .

LaoPo

Maybe he's actually Belgian? Has anyone tried speaking Dutch to him to check out his accent?

nm

Edited by NordicMan

• 2 months later...

A beggar buying a new camera ?

What is this, a joke?? :o

Oh and I saw him in 2006 begging so how many years will he countinue his business ?

As long as the police can be bribed it can go on forever....

he was in mbk to purchasea new nikon d70 the other day and his gf is very beautiful, definitely chinese-thai (light skinned etc)

6000-baht-short.jpg

I think everyone should be careful what they say about this guy. I have suspicions that he might be a mod on Thai Visa.

Last time i said something negative about him i received a warning.

Just keep on keeping on mate, it's noble work you're doing there!

:o

He's a mod here ???

I will ask him next time I see him.....

6000-baht-short.jpg

I think everyone should be careful what they say about this guy. I have suspicions that he might be a mod on Thai Visa.

Last time i said something negative about him i received a warning.

Just keep on keeping on mate, it's noble work you're doing there!