Dutch Beggar In Bangkok

bkkmadness

Money to be made in the begging business.

Get 100 or so mangled, burned, deformed, mentally ill Cambodians and place them all over the sidewalks on Sukhumvit/Silom. Place them at pinch points so people have to step over them.

Exagerate their wounds and give them filthy, torn clothing.

Borrow someones baby and make it sit out there all day to really increase sympathy.

Force them to hand over the loot at days end and transport them to some cheap, hot filthy room to sleep for the nite.

Protect your turf by not letting any poor hungry Thais beg in this prime area.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's STILL here....

FarangBeggar.jpg

Cheap Farangs Suffer as Rice Prices Climb

Foreigners fight the misconception that they are richer than Thais as they are forced to shell out more for Thai food

THONBURI - Briton John Wilson says he’s just like any Thai person: He wakes up at the crack of down, takes the bus three hours to work, slaves away at work for a low wage and simply wants to enjoy his khao mun gai and Leo beer in peace when he comes home.

But now, with rice prices soaring to record levels, his life has become all the more difficult. The food vendors on his soi in Thonburi raised prices of nearly all dishes by five baht, leaving him struggling to survive.

“I think a lot of Thais are confused and think that just because I have white skin I am a rich person,” he said in an interview on Wednesday. “I’m not though. Five baht is actually a lot of money to me.”

“Thais think I am rich because I can make 40,000 baht per month,” he added. “But what they don’t realize is that I need to pay for my flights back to London twice a year, so that actually means I make less money than Thai people.”

John is not alone. Cheap farangs all over Bangkok are erupting in anger at the price increases, claiming that food vendors are simply trying to pull a fast one on old whitey.

In Bang Na, an American man reportedly was so livid about paying the extra five baht for khao pad mu that he called the vendor in broken Thai “a thief and a liar” and ensured him that he would never eat there again. :D

In Ramkamhaeng, a fat British woman was overheard complaining about decreased portion sizes, claiming that she was “absolutely famished” after a recent meal of krapow gai. :o

And on Khao San Road, a group of Australian backpackers beat a pad thai vendor nearly to death after he raised the price three baht from the previous month. :D

“Thai people, listen to me: We are not made of money,” declared Andrea Silverstein, a fast-talking British backpacker who was “appalled” that prices were at least five percent more than the Lonely Planet guide said they would be. :D

Americans who are paid in dollars are especially in dire circumstances. They claim that they have already lost 20 percent of their large salaries in the past few years, and rising rice prices will cause them to cut down on drinking or paying for more expensive farang food.

Some foreigners have decided to take action. Renowned farang beggar Marcus Stevenson says he is planning a march on the Commerce Ministry to call for cheaper prices.

“Not every farang is sipping cocktails at Vertigo, and I think that Thais need to hear that as well,” said Stevenson. “Sure we might make double, triple or quadruple what Thai make for the same amount of work, but our traveling and living costs are much higher. Thais don’t need serviced apartments, laundry service, pools, fitness rooms and UBC. We do. And those things cost money.”

To coincide with the rising prices, Stevenson has started asking Thais for 1,500 baht contributions instead of 1,000 baht. He says he has “almost” made enough money to finally go home and should have enough cash in a few more years. :D

- Not The Nation

===============================================================

I believe the above is what is referred to as satire.

• 3 weeks later...
A beggar buying a new camera ?

What is this, a joke?? :o

Oh and I saw him in 2006 begging so how many years will he countinue his business ?

As long as the police can be bribed it can go on forever....

he was in mbk to purchasea new nikon d70 the other day and his gf is very beautiful, definitely chinese-thai (light skinned etc)

He was sat on the corner opposite Soi4 the other day outside of the Tailors shop with the same old sign saying that he needs 4000 to go home or something. On the opposite side of the road there is a Police box where loads of cops hang out and he was in full view of them.

Makes you wonder why they don't do anything and why nothing has been done.

He obviously makes enough money to keep neat and tidy,

Amazing !

you dont have to beg, esspecially as a foreiginer....

most those who beg have served limbs, addicts to something, or just genuwinly poor. and ofcourse they are those who do it as a scam to...but nevertheless, i can defentially say that this dude is just trying to bullshit his way into staying in the country without a visa???? i wonder if he pays the visa fee's?, he is doing the absolute minimum on his effort to get by over here, whilest others have to work their ass off....

anyways people who take the misfortune of others and promote themself as one, to (lure) careing people in, intentially to get these extra bhats, is just a pathetic. well most beggers make alot more money then labor's, mcdonalds workers etc.... who get such few bhats an hour. about 2-3,000 a month....., im sure everyhour one person drops 1-20bhat to his hand, whilest people with a family of 6 living are still living on 3,000 a month, working full time as a construction laborer...now that is sad.

(imagen spending everything yuo have to migrate into a different country, where they first is lucky to find a job, most of the jobs they get are first under the minimum wage, but hel_l what do the construction companys care, they outsource them...and well the outsourcey, dont care for them, if one complains about the salary they will just kick him out and get another laborer from 1000's of waiting migrants desperate for anyjob, even if it is 2-3000 a month...

plus im sure if he goes to the embassy of his country, they would def deport him back.... so i guess he would be trying to avoide anyhelp from his nation.... (honestly if you were really in dier need of money, and dont have a place to stay and need to result to begging....i would have already gone to my embassy and get things figured out, or atleast to deport me back....) but then again if when i last went to amsterdam, its a illegal to beg, so i guess he found an easier result, to making money whilest sitting on your ass for several years now)

• 1 month later...
he is the best dressed begger i have ever seen, this guy need a good going over one night.

Not that I condone this dude's begging, BUT to down right beat the hel_l out of him is senceless!! This is a Buddhist country and a free one at that and should remain as one. Giving ppl the right to do what they do as long as they don't hurt anyone! In time his karma will catch up with him, and that is never a good thing. I see that his only crime is having a sign that is full of lies!!!! And Thaicoon here proably feels jelous, maybe? :o Since Thaicoon is older and would like this guys freedom or age??? :D No offense Thaicoon, but that's how it sounds to me! :D

His dress should tell the ppl on the street that he is a scam!

Edited by SamuiJens

he is the best dressed begger i have ever seen, this guy need a good going over one night.

Not that I condone this dude's begging, BUT to down right beat the hel_l out of him is senceless!! This is a Buddhist country and a free one at that and should remain as one. Giving ppl the right to do what they do as long as they don't hurt anyone! In time his karma will catch up with him, and that is never a good thing. I see that his only crime is having a sign that is full of lies!!!! And Thaicoon here proably feels jelous, maybe? :o Since Thaicoon is older and would like this guys freedom or age??? :D No offense Thaicoon, but that's how it sounds to me! :D

Sorry mate, not old, maybe same age as the begger or a bit younger, and why should i be jealous of a <deleted> like him, people like this give us westerners a bad name, he is just a scam artist, people like this need to get off the street, it makes me sick, there are enough thai beggers in bangers who deserve to be looked after more than this guy, i would always give a poor thai something, i would not give this guy jack <deleted>, just a kick up the ass, maybe you should dip your hand in your thai baht and pay his fare home.

Sorry mate, not old, maybe same age as the begger or a bit younger, and why should i be jealous of a <deleted> like him, people like this give us westerners a bad name, he is just a scam artist, people like this need to get off the street, it makes me sick, there are enough thai beggers in bangers who deserve to be looked after more than this guy, i would always give a poor thai something, i would not give this guy jack <deleted>, just a kick up the ass, maybe you should dip your hand in your thai baht and pay his fare home.

Sorry mate, but westeners already have a bad name, AND I AGREE with U except for kicking his ass, what good would that do???? Wouldn't stop him. Anyways just IMHO or 2 cents worth, Have :D a nice day, Thaicoon.

Sorry mate, but westeners already have a bad name, AND I AGREE with U except for kicking his ass, what good would that do???? Wouldn't stop him. Anyways just IMHO or 2 cents worth, Have :D a nice day, Thaicoon.

This sort of thing makes me mad, as this guy could go back home and claim all sorts of benefits, heck he has been doing this now for Two years. then there are the Thai Beggers, some handicaped, and others very poor begging in Bangkok, i wonder what they think of this guy, not a lot, all the best SamuiJens.