Maize - How Are You Doing?

Somtham

MF came to my home a few weeks ago, my wife made him some Somtham and sticky rice that made his eyes water and nose run a bit. :o Had 2 emails and we were going to get together several weeks ago, but all is silent. I am really concerned about him as well. Last post was some computer problem he was having at that time.

He explained where he was staying which is only a few miles from my house. I had just gotten a new motorcycle on 6 March, so the evening of 7 March went over to try and find the house, but had a car crash into my bike, so ended the search.

I think the last time I heard anything was on about 5 March.

Edited by old wanderer

I know when he was at my house his wife was coming over in a week or so. I'm sure Tim will re-surface, but really worried about him.

Since he spent so long in ICU, they do not allow visitors there except for family.

I am in Seattle for 5 more days then will go look around some more.

(And NO it was not the fish sauce, as my wife is still going fine, and NO it was not his car, as he rides a Motorcycle also. )

The last contact I had was on 5 March at 2300 hrs...he was supposed to call at 11:00 AM the next day.

Edited by old wanderer

I know when he was at my house his wife was coming over in a week or so. I'm sure Tim will re-surface, but really worried about him.

Since he spent so long in ICU, they do not allow visitors there except for family.

I am in Seattle for 5 more days then will go look around some more.

(And NO it was not the fish sauce, as my wife is still going fine, and NO it was not his car, as he rides a Motorcycle also. )

The last contact I had was on 5 March at 2300 hrs...he was supposed to call at 11:00 AM the next day.

I made a bunch of phone calls yesterday to LAPD and Santa Monica PD trying to locate Pallasaide but no luck. Hope all is well with Tim, his wife, and daughter and that they are just kicking it on the beach in SoCal before heading home.

rgds

Anyone e-mailed him yet ? I have his and his wifes around somewhere, I would imagine he's just taking a break somewhere....hope so anyway. I'll try and e-mail

I emailed Tim the beginning of march and he send me back a email 6 march.

He told me that he should be back soon in Thailand later this month.

He did not response on my email later that week.

I agree that they probably want to have a break somewere?

Ruud :o

I just want to add a comment here to get this thread back on the front page. It is funny I have never met Maizefarmer or talked to him on the telephone, and yet through his posts he becomes a friend and I am concerned about his absence. I hope he is sitting on a beach somewhere enjoying time with his family and that is why he has not posted for almost a month now. Maizefarmer I hope you return soon we all miss your informative posts. Issangeorge

I just want to add a comment here to get this thread back on the front page. It is funny I have never met Maizefarmer or talked to him on the telephone, and yet through his posts he becomes a friend and I am concerned about his absence. I hope he is sitting on a beach somewhere enjoying time with his family and that is why he has not posted for almost a month now. Maizefarmer I hope you return soon we all miss your informative posts. Issangeorge

Issangeorge, that is a ditto from me. rocky

Issangeorge, that is a ditto from me. rocky

Good move IsaanGeorge.

Random Chances - can you PM me his wife's e-mail addy?

Old Wanderer - are you back in LA yet and have you had a chance to check with Tim or Pallasaide?

Maize - drop us a line. Your fan club is concerned.

Once again I am trying to keep this topic on the front page. It is April now and still no sign of Maize, he was hoping to get back to Thailand the end of March, not only do I miss his posts, but now I am getting worried. If anyone out there has any info please let us know. Thanks. Issangeorge.

I did go cruise around the area where he explined he lived, but saw nothing. Since I did not write down the address, but only know within a block of where he described, was unable to come up with anything.

I am indeed fearful that there has been a major set-back in his recovery.

I really wish him all the best. If anyone has a specific address, I still have 10 days before we leave for BKK and will take the time to go knock on a door.

All is fine - making final prep's to head back home on the 12 April.

Actually - landed up in the Maldive Islands for 3 weeks, courtesy of wife - who told me nothing about it (untill we got to the airport with junior and could no longer keep it a secret). She deliberately chose an island which had no TV, email ect ect ...... had a brilliant holiday. My son turned up with the wifes parents half way through the holiday - so we had a great holiday family togther for 2 weeks. Got some scuba diving in, and went through a self imposed detox from all the narcotic analgesic shit I have been on for the last 4 months - forced myself to sweat it out over 7 days. Suffered a bit but been there, done that - so I know now (a bit) how heroin addicts suffer (no diff guys between medical diamorphine and the stuff you get on the street - same effect except the stuff they give you in hospitals is clean and you don't get dirty needles!!).

Anyhow, back in L.A. - final packing just about done - plane on Thursday night - back home Saturday mid-day.

Trust all forum members have had a good Easter.

Old Wanderer - I'm on the North East side of Phu Kradung National Park - I'll catch up with you early next week. Thank's for that brilliant meal you gave me in L.A.

I'll catch up on the forum notes tonight while wife and junior have gone down to Thaitown to see friends

MF

Btate - just replied to your follow up's on the makua thread - looking good er?

RDC - good to hear from you. I'm just fine. Back to as normal as I can be and ###### well looking forward to getting back home for Saturday. What's the latest with youself now - back in the UK yet or still packing? Still moderating - or has the thankless task been handed to some other poor soul!

MF

All is fine - making final prep's to head back home on the 12 April.

Actually - landed up in the Maldive Islands for 3 weeks, courtesy of wife - who told me nothing about it (untill we got to the airport with junior and could no longer keep it a secret). She deliberately chose an island which had no TV, email ect ect ...... had a brilliant holiday. My son turned up with the wifes parents half way through the holiday - so we had a great holiday family togther for 2 weeks. Got some scuba diving in, and went through a self imposed detox from all the narcotic analgesic shit I have been on for the last 4 months - forced myself to sweat it out over 7 days. Suffered a bit but been there, done that - so I know now (a bit) how heroin addicts suffer (no diff guys between medical diamorphine and the stuff you get on the street - same effect except the stuff they give you in hospitals is clean and you don't get dirty needles!!).

Anyhow, back in L.A. - final packing just about done - plane on Thursday night - back home Saturday mid-day.

Trust all forum members have had a good Easter.

Old Wanderer - I'm on the North East side of Phu Kradung National Park - I'll catch up with you early next week. Thank's for that brilliant meal you gave me in L.A.

I'll catch up on the forum notes tonight while wife and junior have gone down to Thaitown to see friends

MF

Sounds like a great vacation. Welcome back and good to see you posting again.

rgds

MF

It's great to hear that you are coming back soon. Since we are nearly neighbors, I'd be pleased to sit on a raft on the big pond just north of Phu Kradung and share a meal and maybe a few alcoholic beverages. My treat!

Maizefarmer, it is good to have you back again, I was hoping you were on some tropical island with your family. You posted you are on the North East side of Phu Kradung National Park. From what I can see from my Think Map that is just up Hi-way 201 from Amphoe Phu Pha Man in Khon Kaen. That is not all that far from where my wife cousins live. As a matter of fact last New Year I drove down that Hi-way from Loei to Amphoe Phu Pha Man. I am quite often , well once or twice a year visiting my wife's cousins, so next time if you would like a visitor maybe I could drop bye and see your operation, I promise I would not stay to long, and since I'm going home to Canada for a week or so and then I start teaching again it would be the fall at the earlist. Once again glad to have you back. Issangeorge.

Maizefarmer, it is good to have you back again, I was hoping you were on some tropical island with your family. You posted you are on the North East side of Phu Kradung National Park. From what I can see from my Think Map that is just up Hi-way 201 from Amphoe Phu Pha Man in Khon Kaen. That is not all that far from where my wife cousins live. As a matter of fact last New Year I drove down that Hi-way from Loei to Amphoe Phu Pha Man. I am quite often , well once or twice a year visiting my wife's cousins, so next time if you would like a visitor maybe I could drop bye and see your operation, I promise I would not stay to long, and since I'm going home to Canada for a week or so and then I start teaching again it would be the fall at the earlist. Once again glad to have you back. Issangeorge.

You're close - you'll drive right past unless you know exactly where to turn off. Closer to the time drop me a PM - I'll send you directions.

MF

Any time George.

Fall time will be great - I'm a little anxoius at the moment, just worries about whats been going on while away, but am assured by all that everything has been just fine. Still, like any "manager" I'll find unreasonable "fault" with all sorts of stuff, and a 1001 things that have to be done - so, till Fall it's sure to be a busy time.

MF

MF

MF:

One last visit to Thai Consulate this AM, drop "Brownie" off with friends for his continued TLC, and then off to the airport. Will be busy days with the land purchase. All is ready to conclude the transaction however.

I will PM you next week while we are in Thailand. Too bad I did not get a chance to show you my Futura, would match your bike pretty well. I crashed on Emerson and 87Pl. The bike will be ready when I return from Thailand in 2 weeks.

Ciao

OW