Maize - How Are You Doing?

Somtham

RDC - good to hear from you. I'm just fine. Back to as normal as I can be and ###### well looking forward to getting back home for Saturday. What's the latest with youself now - back in the UK yet or still packing? Still moderating - or has the thankless task been handed to some other poor soul!

MF

Yea, I'm still here mate, booked a flight back to UK for the end of the month. Duch Mill are interested in renting the farm off me while I'm gone. Shame I never made it up there. We'll try and sort something out next time I'm back

What would they do with it - livestock?

I wsih you well and hope you can get back, and pick up from where you left off - to give iut another go and make a success of it.

They want it for dairy, apparently they have a factory near here and the milk would go straight to there.

I'm not really sure what I'll do when I get back. I don't think I want to have to rely on large sacle dairy, the profits can be really good, mabye doing it on a smaller scale, growing crops/forage for support.

Yer - 9 out of 10 "faliures" experianced by Thai dairy farmers - they come unstuck in the first or second year having to rely on purchased feedstock for the dry season. It simply does not work out economicaly unless you can grow all your own forage.

Back home at last!!

No smog

Clean Air

Farm yard smells (even if it's mainly silage and cow shxt!)

No sick cows

No ruined silage

Good water levels (more than I expected)

No traffic noise (just the drone of the gennie)

Place is as clean as a pin - even the tractor has been washed - and polished (even the tyres have been polished!!)

Theres a pig on the spit, apparently the local "oompah band" is coming round for a couple hours this evening - whole family is here - some of the army medics from Loei hospital (the first guys to help me)

Worst thing that's gone wrong - one of windmills fell over!

Told I must go and shower - monks are coming at 5:30 (anyone have any idea what set of rituals they'll be going through - I haven't a clue!).

Home - sweet home!

Nope - I heard nothing - I had to much to drink - me and alcohol have always beem cat & dog - never cared much for the stuff and when I do drink too much, it just makes me sick - and thats what happened. So now I have a headache - but other than that, nice day - and yer, youre - nothing like the bed at home!

MF