applying for non O at thaievisa.go.th from UK

any tips on how to make this work, i enter all my details, passport scan and photo less than 500k bytes and click verify and continue and it uploads ok, then says waiting for thaievisa.go.th then times out and dies, or sometimes i get Access is invalid, please try again. i've tried about 10 times. very frustrating.

any one had any luck getting it to work?

thx

It works, but I've also noticed that it works a lot better later at night which could indicate overloading at certain times a day. Another thing I've noticed that the passport picture size does not only have to be less than 500KB (File size) but also needs to be the right physical size at around 35mm x 45mm. Your symptoms seem to be more likely due to congestion or downtime. You can also get Access invalid if too many attempts within a certain time period. As so often with all things Thai patience is a virtue:-)

19 minutes ago, roamer said:

Another thing I've noticed that the passport picture size does not only have to be less than 500KB (File size) but also needs to be the right physical size at around 35mm x 45mm. 

How does a digital image have a physical size ?? 

11 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

How does a digital image have a physical size ?? 

What I was trying to say, perhaps unclearly, that the physical size of the photo needs to be taken into account. Most embassy stipulate physical size of the photo to be uploaded, not just a file size. Unfortunately the Thai online Visa does not do this. The net result is that some people have taken a digital photo uploaded it to a computer, cropped it to show what is required for a passport photo and reduced it to a file size of less than 500 kB, unfortunately that often leaves at a physical size that is not accepted. Further annoyance on the Thai online Visa site is that it wrongly rejects such photos as not being a JPEG leading to confusion. Best way is to take the picture and then upload it to an online passport picture generator.

A digital file can be printed / displayed at any 'size' based on zooming the available data and the DPI of the display.. fingernail small or poster sized large.. 

If you mean people using non photoID type pictures I would bet they are not checking that on upload, but more likely manually after the fact.