Child custody

Mitzzy

Hi,

I'm a farang who just split last year from a Thai woman after a 10+ years relationship. We never been married.

- We have 2 daughters (both below 11 years old) who currently living with the mother. I have joint child custody through a Thai court (khor 11).

- My kids have both western and thai passports.

- I've been providing for them since their birth, paying them full expenses and international school fees.

- I've been given my ex xxk per month on child support since the day we split over an year ago. She currently live (at no expense) in a condo which belongs to me.

- She's been working for the past year or a bit less earning around 40k a month. For that reason she now hardly see her child since she works till late evenings, leaving them leave with their nanny.

I picked them up from school everyday (unless I'm away travelling few times a year) and bring them back home, after which i spend always few hours with them.

Given the circumstances and considering that my income is all from abroad (therefore I have plenty time to spend with them during day time), I want to have custody of my kids.

My ex she would have full access to the kids, plus kids will stay with her every weekends (when she's off from work).

Nanny will also move to live with me (she can't wait for it as lots of issues currently going on at my ex place but that's a different story).

After a 6 months negotiation with a lawyer, we however failed to reach an agreement (basically she's trying to squeeze me as much as she can and get the ownership of the condo on top) therefore I see no alternative then going to court.

Does anyone have any similar experience and could give me any advice? Is it really worth?

Unfortunately my ex is full of resentment toward me and every-time we've been close to reach an agreement she pull off as she probably realise she won't have control over me anymore if she agree to the terms. 

Lawyer advice me that the kids will be interviewed by social worker (in case of going to court), and that their decision on who to live with will be taken seriously in consideration by the judge. My kids love to be with me but my ex is so manipulative that I fear that my kids may decide to be with her not to disappoint her, plus I'm very concerned of putting them under all this stress considering they're still going through lots of pain due to our separation.

Any advice would be very welcome. Thank you

Hang in there...do not become discouraged...your children need you!

No one can predict the outcome...must struggle through the process...you have a fighting chance...take it!  

Fought for my 2 children and won in American courts back when it was almost impossible to take children from their mother.  Kids were 4 & 5 at the time.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...