Any way to send money from International Debit card to a Thai persons bank account

Hi

How can I use funds on my overseas debit or credit card and send them to a Thai persons personal bank account?

I just thought, ATM transfers are instant in Thailand.

Just if there's some way to make a credit from my debit or credit card using some kind of gateway if it exists thank you

7 minutes ago, elcaro said:

I would use paypal. Takes a couple days to set up and get verified. But then works pretty smoothly with small fees. Withdrawal does take 3-5 days though

You could also use TransferWise. Setup and working very quickly and the transfer is usually same day arrival.

I'm guessing he wants to stick his overseas debit card into a Thai ATM and deposit funds into a Thai bank account electronically rather than withdrawing cash and depositing it into an account

You can usually transfer money from one account to another using an ATM, but that's normally only possible to a person who has an account with the same bank as yours.

In some cases you can transfer to accounts with other banks in the same country, but I've never seen anywhere that you can do it internationally.

I guess theoretically it should be possible as you can use an ATM to withdraw cash from an account overseas and then deposit that cash into a person's local account. It's just a question of whether the banks want to make it possible to do those two things in a single transaction on the ATM.
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cblunt said:

In some cases you can transfer to accounts with other banks in the same country, but I've never seen anywhere that you can do it internationally.

In the case of Thailand it is very easy to deposit into any bank account in the country and anyone without an account can set up PromptPay using their ID card or telephone number that you can deposit into and they can obtain.  But I suspect poster may not be in Thailand and wants to send to an account here - if he is here easy enough to just deposit at bank or use a local account to transfer

Actually its for fast (few minutes) transfer of funds from outside of Thailand to peoples bank accounts.

Transferwise, yes sometimes its 2 hours. Sometimes something goes wrong and have to chase the funds with them, or it can take few days.