Short-term motor vehicle insurance

AverageAussie

Have a Thai D/L and normally rent a vehicle, adding "first class" insurance as an option. That's always worked for me, but this time I have been offered use of a private vehicle for little more than the fuel cost. I want to make sure though that I still have adequate cover.

I've yet to establish if I get extended cover on the owner's policy, but in the meantime I'm just wondering if there's any companies offering short-term policies on a daily basis - if there's no vehicle rental contract?

15 hours ago, AverageAussie said:

this time I have been offered use of a private vehicle for little more than the fuel cost. I want to make sure though that I still have adequate cover.

If you are paying for the use of the vehicle then you may find that you have no cover at all. My first class policy specifically excludes any rental or hire.

Check the existing policy.

You can also get your own insurance, and claim for refund after the time of use has expire3d. But that will mean you have to pay for the full year in advance first.

AFAIK there are no short time policies here, but maybe check with AA Insurance first.

Archived