1 year extension consideration period - travel abroad

My 1 year extension based on marriage ends on 20/9/2019

I have to go abroad from 4/10/2019 to 15/10/2019
When I have to apply for my next one year extension in order not to get any problems?
I assume my 1 month consideration starts from the day I apply for a 1 year extension, right?
Can I travel during my under consideration period, taking into account my last 1 year extension has already expired?

Ok, then another question.
My 1 year extension expires on 20/9/2019.
Would it be acceptable to apply for my next 1 year extension on 17/9/2019? Or would that be too late?
If I would do like this I would get 4 days to stay (to 20/10/2019) when arriving back in Thailand on on 16/10/19.

1 hour ago, kriswillems said:

I assume my 1 month consideration starts from the day I apply for a 1 year extension, right?

Not necessarily. If you apply early it’s possible they will start the 30 day under consideration period from Sept 21st.

Which office are you applying at?

19 minutes ago, kriswillems said:

In the past they've always started the consideration period of 1 month on the day I applied.

Then assume they’ll do the same.

1 hour ago, kriswillems said:

My 1 year extension expires on 20/9/2019.
Would it be acceptable to apply for my next 1 year extension on 17/9/2019? Or would that be too late?

You can apply on any date within the last 30 days. So yes the 17th would be okay.

If I would do like this I would get 4 days to stay (to 20/10/2019) when arriving back in Thailand on on 16/10/19.

No your existing permission to stay would end on 20/9, but your under consideration stamp would cover you until they stamp the new extension. Day 1 of the new extension will be 21/9 regardless of when the new extension is issued.

If you’re right that your local office apply the under consideration period from the date you apply you should apply as early as possible so it ends close to 20/9, so they can issue the new extension close to 20/9.

IMO it would be better to get the new extension completed before leaving on 4/10.

Edited by elviajero