Is this correct?

Went to Buriram Immigration today for my first Marriage Extension. Always done Retirement before. They wanted my children's birth cert's along with copies. What's my kids got to do with it? Luckily I had the originals with me. My wife had to fill out a form asking for my parents first names, both dead. Also how many brothers and sisters I have.

Also required was a certified copy of our KR2. We had one but it was done 3 weeks ago. Officer refused to accept it and wanted one that was printed today. I thought it was allowed to be have obtained within the last 6 months?

Got the letter from the bank this morning regarding how much monies I had in the bank. At this time I have 800,000 in. Cutting this short I was told to report back on 5 September and show my bank book updated and the 400,000 required for my Marriage Extension untouched. If untouched then to go back on the 12 September to have my stamp put in my passport.

Is this procedure correct?

Not unusual for an office to want your children's birth certificates. It considered as proof that your marriage is real is one of the reasons they may want them.

You Kor Ror 2 printout done 3 weeks ago should of been accepted. Some offices want them to be no more than 30 days old. The 6 months rule is not always used.

Going back before your report back date to show the 400k baht is still in the bank is not a common requirement. Showing it on the date you go back to get the one year extension stamp is almost a standard procedure now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not unusual for an office to want your children's birth certificates. It considered as proof that your marriage is real is one of the reasons they may want them.

The proof of my marriage being real is with the KR2.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, poohy said:

What a palaver no way i could do marriage visa

I didn't want to but there was no way I was going to leave 400,000 in the bank untouched for a year with doing a Retirement Extension. I only gave half the story of todays visit. I/we were in there a good hour and a half and I dread the future regarding living in Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

You were warned about possible run arounds when you were on here telling stories about how you act in immigration. Seems they have marked your cards.

Expect this every time you go from now on.

I didn't tell stories as you say. Youreavinalaff.  

17 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The proof of my marriage being real is with the KR2.

That proves you are still married.

Real means this that is written in the police order "3. In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto".

• Like 1

I have had numerous unnecessary questionable experiences with immigration.  It will serve you best in the long run to know the rules that apply to you and your family...however, it serves no useful purpose to argue with your immigration officer...

Came to Thailand with multiple entry visa...reported in to immigration and was told I had best not leave the country as it would cause me to have to renew my visa on the day it was originally issued in my home country...not kidding!

I left the country on several occasions...not a problem...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I didn't tell stories as you say. Youreavinalaff.  

I remember you saying how you, in front of others in the office, openly and loudly refused to pay for something resulting in the IO losing face. There was also something about your KR2 and, once again, complaining loudly.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, juice777 said:

wouldn't know myself but sounds about right for nowadays I fill so sorry 4 people who made long term plans here so glad I had the sense not to.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

We are glad for you, your sensibility is the best course for you but not necessarily for others, so do not feel sorry 4 people of who you have no idea of their circumstances, desires or goals in life.  

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:43 PM, youreavinalaff said:

I remember you saying how you, in front of others in the office, openly and loudly refused to pay for something resulting in the IO losing face. There was also something about your KR2 and, once again, complaining loudly.

Quoting someone that never actually said what is being quoted is I'm sure against forum rules? Where did you get these quotes from. They certainly aren't from my posts.

As for the awkward questions and document requirement the other day at immigration was/were clarified today with a visit by 2 IO officers. They explained that these are normal questions that are asked on a first 'Marriage Extension'. Hence why I didn't know before hand.

As an extra. The photo's required for a 'Marriage Extension' were retaken again by the visiting IO's. First outside the property showing house number. Second sitting inside the house and third on our bed.

Edited by IvorBiggun2