Cabinet mulls uses for unspent billions

snoop1130

3 hours ago, BestB said:

Ok I mean little confused. Not too long ago it was stated this year government is running budget deficit and looking around to borrow money and new taxes to fill up coffers

now as it turns out , they did not even spend last years money?

More to the point, as the government has a budget DEFICIT, shouldn't any unspent funds go to the deficit?

Somewhat confusing to me is whether the Cabinet and Prayut can unilaterally decide to allocate any of the unspent FY 2019 budget (ends September 31, 2019) without Parliament's approval!

As these unspent funds were originally budgeted by the House in its overall budget approval, it should be the right of the House to review and approve any Prayut recommendations on allocating any part of unspent funds. House MPs might have their own ideas about use of the unspent funds that might not agree with Prayut. 

16 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

More to the point, as the government has a budget DEFICIT, shouldn't any unspent funds go to the deficit?

Somewhat confusing to me is whether the Cabinet and Prayut can unilaterally decide to allocate any of the unspent FY 2019 budget (ends September 31, 2019) without Parliament's approval!

As these unspent funds were originally budgeted by the House in its overall budget approval, it should be the right of the House to review and approve any Prayut recommendations on allocating any part of unspent funds. House MPs might have their own ideas about use of the unspent funds that might not agree with Prayut. 

Tax cut, and yes the surplus should go towards paying the deficit but that requires brains that politicians here and around the world don't have