Jump to content

Forensic Police to investigate alleged electrocution of tourist at Phuket resort


snoop1130

Recommended Posts

Forensic Police to investigate alleged electrocution of tourist at Phuket resort

By The Phuket News

 

1565865354_1-org.jpg

An officer points to the poolside fence where 45-year-old Dutch tourist Herdri Henrikus Hermannes Vos was allegedly electrocuted. A check by electricity officials, however, found no evidence of how the fence could have become electrified. Photo: Sakoo Police

 

PHUKET:-- Police in Phuket are waiting for a post-mortem examination by Forensic Police in Bangkok to confirm whether or not a Dutch tourist was killed by electrocution after touching a pool-side steel fence at a resort near Phuket International Airport.
 

The body of 45-year-old Herdri Henrikus Hermannes Vos (as named by police) from the Netherlands arrived at the Forensic Police headquarters in the capital last night, Lt Col Bandasak Srilert of the Sakoo Police told The Phuket News today (Aug 15).

 

“It is for finding the cause of death after Mr Herdri (sic) died after touching a steel fence beside the swimming pool at a hotel last Thursday (Aug 8),” he confirmed.


Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/forensic-police-to-investigate-alleged-electrocution-of-tourist-at-phuket-resort-72529.php#P16IHO8UxOJG6z6Y.97

 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-08-15
Link to post
Share on other sites
“We have not done anything with the fence as we and the police have not been able to find anything that may have caused this accident,” he added.
How strange, noting that could cause that sudden pain with a burned finger then death. And the electric shock his son felt. Its one of those Phuket -misunderstandings.
 
RIP
 
 
 
 
 
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen it loads of times in Thai resorts...electric boxes which are cracked and wet, or they are under a waterfall where guests sit...nails sticking out of wooden swimmingpool decks, electric outlets next to showers.....it's waiting for accidents to fall.

 

I hope the insurance of the Dutch will sue the hotelgroup for many million euro's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TumblinDice said:

Christ, how many times has this happened now? Anyone keeping count?

The infrastructure in this country is despicable & sub-par at best!

This whole country needs a utility & civic renovation.

No it needs  more reporting of TM30s and the "evil"  foreign enemy, it  keeps  us  all safe.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saddens me whenever someone's life is ended prematurely.

Common occurrence here.

The resort will of course take no responsibility.

No Thais will take any responsibility.

If the story makes the western media, the Thais will start their spin.

Must protect the image of tourism in Thailand at all costs - even the cost of lives.

Maybe the police will be ordered to offer the family 5000 Baht or something as a "solly for inconvenient"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Compensation will be provided for this case, but we need to wait for the police investigation results first for the insurance company,” he said.
 
IThe hotel appears to be denying that electrocution was the cause of death, in which case why should compensation be paid by the insurance company.
 
Could this statement infer that the hotel was at fault?
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beechbum said:

If electrocution was the cause wouldn't there be entry and exit wounds?

RIP.

No that's called shot wounds.

 

The gate itself may be fine, but it is a nice path to ground for something else being electrified, lighting fixture, pool pump, ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jan Dietz said:

No that's called shot wounds.

 

The gate itself may be fine, but it is a nice path to ground for something else being electrified, lighting fixture, pool pump, ...

As in gun shot wounds?

If so, what's that got to do with electrocution?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Top electrician for you guys here 

61076324_1356462487853787_5821316282640760832_n.jpg

Damn, thats genius. I can watch TV or play my Xbox whilst I take a shower.

 

This is other level clever.

 

...and he is so proud of the workmanship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A check by electricity officials, however, found no evidence of how the fence could have become electrified.

Guess they came day(s) after the incident and found nothing.

What a surprise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A few years back my stepson bought a shop on the main street of the village. After a week or so he noticed a dog try to take a pee on the lamppost outside the shop, the dog howled in pain and took off down the street. When he mentioned this a neighbour said they'd seen the same thing several times before. He got in touch with the local authority and told him he thought the lamppost might be live. Their response? It's outside your shop so you're responsible for fixing it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dietrichthailand said:

As a property inspector in phuket everytime I go to a hotel I check around the pool. 80 percent of the time I don't allow my kids to swim. Sad. I take pictures and mention to the GM if possible.  They very seldom correct matters.

Would u mind sharing how/what to look for? Could potentially save some lives here. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Con Peoples Fund said:

Would u mind sharing how/what to look for? Could potentially save some lives here. Thanks

With respect, he would be here all day trying to list them!!

 

Those that I have encountered include.......

 

Cables taped to fences, especially a no-no where human contact can occur.

 

Cracked socket outlets or junction boxes.

 

Same as above but should have been used for internal use only, but are installed outside in the wet/in the elements.

 

Mains voltage fittings in and around swimming pool areas.

 

Mains voltage appliances in and around swimming pool areas/wet areas/outside, where they shouldn't be.

 

Wires poking out of conduit/holes in the wall/ground with the merest amount of tape covering the bare ends.

 

Mains supply taken directly off the meter, thereby bypassing the distribution board.

 

Earth wire left hanging from an installation.

 

Light fittings mounted on metal railings.

 

Look for general shodiness in the electrical fittings in and around the area.

 

Probably a few score more to add it wanted to take the time.........

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

...duhh...myopic or working with blinders on...???

 

...never crossed their minds that the culprit could very easily have moved or removed the source....after the fact....???

 

....disgraceful.....

 

...condolences to the family.....

 

...how many lives ruined....and nobody to blame of course....

 

...sic...(except if they could pin it on a foreigner...???)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SOTIRIOS said:

 

...never crossed their minds that the culprit could very easily have moved or removed the source....after the fact....???

 

Maybe the wife?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2019 at 12:33 PM, snoop1130 said:

“It is for finding the cause of death after Mr Herdri (sic) died after touching a steel fence beside the swimming pool at a hotel last Thursday (Aug 8),” he confirmed.

Are they saying that he died on the 8th and forensics came on the 15th ? Course they did not find anything - they probably took something away

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wisperone said:

Top electrician for you guys here 

 

A real time saver...you can start blow drying your hair before stepping out of the shower. Shear genius.

61076324_1356462487853787_5821316282640760832_n.jpg

 

Obviously a fake pic, he's holding the setup in place with his thumb, but amusing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...