Yasothon Rocket Festival Dates 2007

shotover

Does anyone know the dates for the 2007 Yasothon Rocket festival in May?

The only exact date I could get through a google search was May 13-15. However, this doesn't seem right as this would be Sunday - Tuesday. The festival usually is held from Friday - Sunday.

Any knowledge on exact dates would be appreciated.

A long time ago ... I have been to one "Boum Fai" near Nong Kai, actually on the Laos side, and this was great fun.

It was a bit scary the way they launch the rocket ... you got to be drunk to be so close to the rocket with a lighter ...

But a lot of Fun !

Nver been to the one in Yasothon.

A long time ago ... I have been to one "Boum Fai" near Nong Kai, actually on the Laos side, and this was great fun.

It was a bit scary the way they launch the rocket ... you got to be drunk to be so close to the rocket with a lighter ...

But a lot of Fun !

Nver been to the one in Yasothon.

[/

quote]

Only seen it on the tv, I would also be interested in knowing the dates

Thanks Tywais. Also found it on this site, so that's good confirmation of the date:

http://www.tatnews.org/events/events/2007/may2007.asp

I went there a year ago, and had a great time. Interesting to watch them pack the rockets with fuel, lift and strap them to the launching structures, and wait in anticipation to see how high they go. The parade and street party they have the 2nd day is also impressive, with literally thousands from this small province participating.

The disadavantage is very few hotel rooms available at premuim prices, and little else to do in this small provincial town.