Online TM.30 for occupiers - Not owners

Is there an online TM30 reporting for occupiers only, rather than owners.

If I look here at the IOS app it says that the app is for "Owner or occupant of a dwelling place" - is this really true?

https://apps.apple.com/th/app/section38/id1451853492?l=th

Since if I look on the Android app  - It makes no such claim

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38&hl=en_US

And if I look at the browser version url - It tells me nothing at all about who can use this service for TM30 reporting. 

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

Thanks UbonJoe - Just to be clear since it does show as an option (on the description of the app) for IOS - But as you show there is is no actual option when using  the online (browser) from the screen capture that you have provided - Then there is no option for an occupier to use ANY online system (yet) - Is this correct?

The ios app probably also doesn't have an option for "occupier" in this drop down, because occupier is never mentioned in any official document.

What is your legal situation in this property? Are you really just occupying it, but not possessing it?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, spambot said:

Thanks UbonJoe - Just to be clear since it does show as an option (on the description of the app) for IOS - But as you show there is is no actual option when using  the online (browser) from the screen capture that you have provided - Then there is no option for an occupier to use ANY online system (yet) - Is this correct?

Occupier is poor wording for it. Possessor has the same meaning and the two are one in the same.

You can register as a possessor.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The ios app probably also doesn't have an option for "occupier" in this drop down, because occupier is never mentioned in any official document.

What is your legal situation in this property? Are you really just occupying it, but not possessing it?

Yup - That is probably true, unfortunately since I'm not an IOS user I had no way of testing this. My legal position is occupier.

19 minutes ago, spambot said:

Yup - That is probably true, unfortunately since I'm not an IOS user I had no way of testing this. My legal position is occupier.

I think your understanding of "occupier" and "possessor" is somehow off.

Please explain your living situation. At what kind of place do you stay, who is the owner of the place where you stay and in which way were you given permission to stay there?

53 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I think your understanding of "occupier" and "possessor" is somehow off.

Please explain your living situation. At what kind of place do you stay, who is the owner of the place where you stay and in which way were you given permission to stay there?

Ok - You are probably right - I live in a condo in Bangkok together with 70 other residents and I have a 6 month contract to pay rent monthly. 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You are also legally the possessor and the occupier.

Ohhh - Right - I obviously misunderstood your reply - So as a person that rents a condo I do not own - I am the possessor - And therefore  I can use the online systems to report my TM.30.

And just to be clear when I leave to go back to UK in a few weeks time and return in a few months  if I get my password in time I can use the online system rather than visiting immigration to report TM.30 that I am at the same address - Is this correct?

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no option for occupiers but there is one for possessor which is the term used in the immigration act 

From the online registration site.

image.png.333f375c9bd4ad3a8f3550a97f4444da.png

I have this problem right now too, and need to show something to my landlady. Will this convince her that I can file as possessor myself, without requiring her to provide any documentation (other than my one year contract)? Right now she doesn't want to renew the contract because of fears over the TM30. 

Edited by lamyai3

11 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Right now she doesn't want to renew the contract because of fears over the TM30. 

Depends on what her fears are; IMO a lot of the fears of landlords aren't to do with potential fines for not lodging a TM30 ... more like the possibility that eventually the Thai Government will use the info to track people running a business/not paying tax.

If she's legit, show her that screenshot and the info in your other thread. Good luck!

Edited by Salerno
  • Thanks 1

For nationality the options are not that clear - Since I'm from UK - The choices could be Britain, England, Great Britain, United Kingdom - Can not seem to find any of these after translation - Anyone got the answer?

image.png.036857a28c89ceabbfa9802359e4e7a0.png

I am a little bit confused about using the internet for doing the TM 30, if you have to file a TM 30 for yourself you will have to go to the Immigration to file a TM 28 for yourself anyway so why not do both at the same time, or have I missed that you can do the TM 28 on the internet too

10 minutes ago, spambot said:

For nationality the options are not that clear - Since I'm from UK - The choices could be Britain, England, Great Britain, United Kingdom - Can not seem to find any of these after translation - Anyone got the answer?

GBR

• Like 1

The owner of my leased house is a Thai living in the US. So I guess I am the "possessor" of the house. The online TM 30 form provides for documents to be attached to the form. What documents are required? I can attach the owner's house documents (which I have copies of) as well as a copy of my two-year lease. Is that enough or is anything else required? Thanks for any response. 

Is the Desktop application only for Bangkok?  I got as far as putting my address in and the choice of provinces didn't include Chiang Mai.

Also in Chrome, I didn't find that the search worked.  If you widen the box above, go to the last page and work backwards to find the country code you're looking for the Translate box doesn't get in the way so much.

Edited by Greenside

1 hour ago, spambot said:

Ok - You are probably right - I live in a condo in Bangkok together with 70 other residents and I have a 6 month contract to pay rent monthly. 

so you ARE NOT THE OWNER.....???

I own and live in condo so there fore I am the possesser too...

• Haha 1