Self levelling concrete

mrbojangles

In the UK I once bought some self levelling concrete. Basically mix the powder with water and pour. It self levels with no need to spread and goes perfectly flat and rock hard.

Has anybody seen the same kind of stuff for sale in Thailand? If so do you know the Thai name also?

Many thanks

If you are from the uk I will tell you self levelling concrete is not a term you would use or even hear.

You mean a levelling screed which covers a floor generally from 6-25mm prior to floor tiling or vinyl laying.

You can get exactly the same result here using bagged Weber or Crocodile but if you want a pro mix then a Lanko/Sika mix will cost you more but it have waterproofing additives.

I will add, self levelling doesnt mean pour it in and stand back, its not water and does require you to get on the floor with a float and burn one or two calories but its quite easy.

It's called earth gravity concrete too. ????

Trying to get someone here to mix correctly would be difficult to say the least.

A good mix from you mix yourself or from a lorry pour and trowel level is just as good here in Thailand.

It's the correct mix not the method. 

Lanko173 get it at HomePro, Thai Whasidu, etc.

Covering an existing concrete floor I have used a concrete sealant - can't remember the name - milky white very thin and let it dry before pouring the screed.

12 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

If you are from the uk I will tell you self levelling concrete is not a term you would use or even hear.

You mean a levelling screed which covers a floor generally from 6-25mm prior to floor tiling or vinyl laying.

Yeah my bad. It was the guy doing the floor in an old house of mine who used it. Couldn't remember the name but at least you guys knew what i meant from my description .

Thanks all. I'll go hunting today in Global House or Homepro

4 hours ago, grollies said:

Lanko173 get it at HomePro, Thai Whasidu, etc.

Covering an existing concrete floor I have used a concrete sealant - can't remember the name - milky white very thin and let it dry before pouring the screed.

Sounds like you are describing the latex milk.

Its actually better to mix that into your bagged adhesive to make it waterproof.

W/proof Weber is200/300bt more expensive but youcan achieve exactly same result with 30bt of latex....and as you say,will seal the substrate aswell

The OP might also check Lanko 123 self-leveling mortar for thickness of 7 to 20mm.  Lanko 173 is a fine product for self leveling of 3 to 8 mm.  Any good builders merchants store in Thailand should be able to give you the English language catalog of Lanko Davco products. Dr. Fix It also sells self leveling mortar. 

Archived