Advice sought on serious drug matter

Mick501

33 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Unlikely in this case.

Why is it unlikely?

I know some who recently paid about 300K (ish) to make a drug problem 'go away', a considerably larger amount of a class A was involved than what's been mentioned here.

Money gets rid of problems here, simple as that.

• Thanks 1

There are lots of fish in the sea, and I'd advise you not to swim with this one.  You only have her word about what's happened, and besides that, there is an ex-boyfriend somewhat in the scene who may decide to make trouble for you. Why would you venture into this situation when there really are some nice woman around who don't carry all this uncertain baggage with them? 

Edited by Inn Between
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Yeah nah.... bail requires coin to be paid.

Can you ask your GF and post her reply ?

Her ex bailed her originally and that has since somehow transferred to her father.  Not sure on the exact details how that works.  It was 80k

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

Once it reaches this stage it simply costs more as there is more senior people involved who want more money that the regular dibble.

Fair enough point. But still far more preferable to be dealt with before this stage.

1 minute ago, timendres said:

Fair enough point. But still far more preferable to be dealt with before this stage.

Totally agree, the more people involved and the higher up the totem pole it goes the more expensive it becomes, no doubt.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Cat ji said:

22 minutes ago, timendres said:

You mentioned bail, which implies the case is beyond the police and in the court system. Once you reach this stage, there is no way to extricate by "paying a fine". This is why it is said that it is always best to use whatever leverage (monetary or otherwise) to not get past the police stage in Thailand.

Thanks.  The first piece of advice answering my two simple questions.  Now if I can just get a recommendation on a good lawyer with experience.  

Edited by Mick501
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mick501 said:

Also seeking to be pointed in the direction of competent legal professionals who might be able to offer advice.

Where does your girlfriend live?

In general, you are talking about Thailand where things are different. I can only advise you of the position if your girlfriend was in the UK - which may give you an indication of how to proceed but not 'tablets of stone'.

In the UK the police would only prosecute the girl if there was clear evidence that she was involved.  If there is little evidence, she may initially be charged but that is simply scare tactics and the charges are usually dropped later.  If there is very little or only circumstancial evidence of her involvment, that, in conjunction with the boyfriend's statement that she is not involved would be enough to convince the CPS that there is no interest in proceeding.

You may need to do a little detective work - I don't think there is such a thing as 'disclosure' in Thailand, that's where the prosecution has to show their evidence to the defence. You need to establish what exactly the evidence against her is if you are to refute it. You need to do everything you can to prevent your girlfriend from going before a court. If you can't stop that, then you need a good lawyer that is not going to simply roll over.

Perhaps the most important advice here is to first of all, make sure you are not being scammed.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2