Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Khon Kaen BBQ vendor complains of being cheated of Bt4,000 by farang

webfact

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Don't lend money, it's hardly ever returned, BBQ vendor should know that by now.

I sometimes "lend" money to Thai friends and family, small amounts. I don't expect it to be returned. When I'm giving the money, I have it in my head that it's a gift.

Next door neighbour borrowed 300 baht from me a few days ago, said that she'd return it yesterday. No sign of her as yet. Mai bpen rai, as they say in Thailand.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, hilfinad said:

I know this man. From head to toes full with blue Maori tattoos.  Lived in our village some years ago. Left his former girlfriend here with a child and loads of debts.  Told a lot of stories. Came to my house one day and after 10 minutes i knew how 'rich' he was. His father in UK provided him with 100.000 thb a month, but used wrong bankaccounts, so he had a problem. He owned a condo in Pattaya and left his passport there in a safe. He needed money for carrent to go to Pattaya for his passport.  Tried to con me for 20.000thb for the carrent. Steward would give me 25.000 thb in return within 3 days. Out of curiosity i offered him 1.000 thb. The loser accepted the 1.000 thb. That's how hard he needs money. Left for a few weeks. My mother in law talked with the family of his girlfriend and told them he borrowed 1.000 thb from me. They were very surprised, because they thought he was a rich guy from UK. When he heard this, he threatened my mother in law, so i went over for a 'friendly' conversation, but unfortunately his girlfriend told me he was sick and had to stay in his room. Warned him and asked for the 1.000 thb. Than he sends his girlfriend to my home to ask why i made such a problem for only 1.000 thb? Told her i promised my mother in law that 1.000 thb. After a few days he paid me. He conned a guy from UK who lived near our village for 60.000 thb. He is a coward and you can hardly call him a conman for the amounts he steals from people. He is using Thai people, especially Isan woman, telling them stories about is wealth in UK and leaves them in debt after a while. Thinks he looks impressive with all his tattoos but is nothing more than a fat blue troll.

Wow. Thanks for that story. Amazing. What can one even say? I am always leery of someone who brags about their wealth, or income, or status, upon meeting them for the first time. I usually tell them how full of crap they are, and how ridiculous they sound. Kind of a Trump type. Very insecure, and very phony. All kinds of bluster, and not much to back it up. Granted Trump has more cash than this guy. But, probably not by alot when you count his debts. I doubt he is a billionaire, as the guy from Forbes recently said. 

Funny part about how big a deal HE MADE about you wanting to collect the money he owed YOU. What a clown. 

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Funny part about how big a deal HE MADE about you wanting to collect the money he owed YOU. What a clown. 

Yes, a professional conman always throws it back in your face. Conmen need to manipulate the emotions of the victim in all situations. (Because reason and justice is not on their side). When they want something from you, they manipulate you to feel sympathy for them or greed making you think you can make an easy profit. When you want something from them, they make you feel guilty and mean-spirited. It is constant manipulation. 

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

Yes, a professional conman always throws it back in your face. Conmen need to manipulate the emotions of the victim in all situations. (Because reason and justice is not on their side). When they want something from you, they manipulate you to feel sympathy for them or greed making you think you can make an easy profit. When you want something from them, they make you feel guilty and mean-spirited. It is constant manipulation. 

Yes, I have noticed that. Even honest people who borrow money, and cannot pay it back like to somehow put the blame on you. Best to avoid lending to those you do not know well, and have not developed a level of trust with. I am not saying do not help strangers. But, consider it a gift, and never a loan. 

I also know this man (?). For a start he is not married to any Thai woman. He tried this on with me but he only got 200 baht in the form of a top up to his phone. His story to me was that he has been having trouble with his girlfriend and the place that he has been staying at and he needed to return to UK. He contacted me from Bangkok? and told me that he had left his wallet in the taxi that he booked to take him from Khon Kaen to Bangkok and he told me he had contacted the taxi company who claimed to have checked with the driver and no wallet was found in the cab. He asked me if I could lend him a few thousand Baht until his mother in the UK sent him some money but I told him that at the moment all our money was tied up and that we did not have any spare so we did not hear anything from him for a couple of weeks and then he contacted us and asked if he could stay with us for a few days because he had not booked into a hotel yet and we told him there was no room because the wifes mother and daughter were visiting and we did not hear anymore from him but only the other day when I was going into town along Ban Kok Road I saw him walking towards where the market on the corner near Mai Tai Guesthouse. I would not trust this man

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

" sucker and fool they really are.".....or look at it from another way...compassionate 

and kind hearted.

regards Worgeordie

If what he said is all true then surely this must be a case of compassionate n kind hearted. This boss deserves better than being call stupid n a fool.

3 hours ago, hilfinad said:

I know this man. From head to toes full with blue Maori tattoos.  Lived in our village some years ago. Left his former girlfriend here with a child and loads of debts.  Told a lot of stories. Came to my house one day and after 10 minutes i knew how 'rich' he was. His father in UK provided him with 100.000 thb a month, but used wrong bankaccounts, so he had a problem. He owned a condo in Pattaya and left his passport there in a safe. He needed money for carrent to go to Pattaya for his passport.  Tried to con me for 20.000thb for the carrent. Steward would give me 25.000 thb in return within 3 days. Out of curiosity i offered him 1.000 thb. The loser accepted the 1.000 thb. That's how hard he needs money. Left for a few weeks. My mother in law talked with the family of his girlfriend and told them he borrowed 1.000 thb from me. They were very surprised, because they thought he was a rich guy from UK. When he heard this, he threatened my mother in law, so i went over for a 'friendly' conversation, but unfortunately his girlfriend told me he was sick and had to stay in his room. Warned him and asked for the 1.000 thb. Than he sends his girlfriend to my home to ask why i made such a problem for only 1.000 thb? Told her i promised my mother in law that 1.000 thb. After a few days he paid me. He conned a guy from UK who lived near our village for 60.000 thb. He is a coward and you can hardly call him a conman for the amounts he steals from people. He is using Thai people, especially Isan woman, telling them stories about is wealth in UK and leaves them in debt after a while. Thinks he looks impressive with all his tattoos but is nothing more than a fat blue troll.

Sounds like a serial fraud. At least you got the 1k back. Name n shame perhaps? 

4 hours ago, hilfinad said:

I find the statement by you about the "Moari Tattoos" quite offensive and an insult to the Moari people. If you were close enough to him as you claim, you would easily see that the tattoos are all Thai and Buddhist tattoos and I would guess that he used those tattoos as his "weapon" to con the Thai people because of their buddhist beliefs. It is quite easy to see the difference between the Moari Tattoos and what this scumbag has on his face and body.

There was a British (judging from accent) bloke living in building I stayed at and had sobbing stories as well... borrowed some money (story was that his ATM card was damaged and he couldn't get it replaced as bank already closed) and some movies to watch with his wife as it was her birthday... Asked about him 2 or 3 months later at reception, as I couldn't remember seeing him for a while... turned out he emptied the room slowly, stealing everything that could be carried, and disappeared. All they could do was send a copy of his passport to immigration but not sure whether they achieved anything. I did however see him in front of Robinson Asoke conning a foreign couple, but didn't want to cause a scene so I let it go...

Just saying the guy who defrauded the BBQ man is far from the only westerner conning Thai people with sobbing stories before running away.

7 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

Just 1 thai person and it makes the news??

I personally know of 3 dudes that have been defrauded by ex thai wives and have lost everything.

Who weeps for them?

Defrauded of what.

Were they deaf and dumb or just handed over the money willingly...

9 hours ago, SammyT said:

Imagine what the news would look like if they posted a story every time a westerner fell for a sob story and got ripped off by a Thai.

Imagine what the world would look like if we didn´t have people passing the blame to the ones not bad in a story.

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Stupid is, as stupid does. What can one say? You make decisions in life, and then you live with the consequences of your decisions. Foreigners are not the only ones who steal money. People of all nations steal money. Honor is not exactly plentiful these days. One has to be aware, judicious, careful about who one chooses to lend money to, and just try to use the brain for more than just eating, elimination and survival. Blaming this guy, and posting this on FB only makes this couple look like the sucker and fool they really are. 

And they would be bigger fools letting him continue to be unknown and rip more people off. Your comment after this one also tells everyone you not understand.

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

" sucker and fool they really are.".....or look at it from another way...compassionate 

and kind hearted.

regards Worgeordie

Thanks! Worgeordie

A job for IO i think is steward/stewart going to make his 800.000 in time, but i feel for all, and if Steward/Stewart is telling the truth he is not and will not be the first when one announces the money had dried up, beware.

maybe all farange could pay into a pool to help those needy who have drunk smoked and <deleted>--ed there way through there retirement

7 hours ago, Briggsy said:

You just perfectly described a con job that was done on me by a lady with a sick dog. After the last little chunk that I "loaned" her to help keep pooch alive, she became very cold and rude.

Not long after, I met others in the neighbourhood who got suckered by her using a different angle (sick dog story was special for me because I am a dog owner).

9 hours ago, hilfinad said:

Seen many expats like him ! When the money stops they should just go home and regroup and then come again . Pattaya flying club is full

of people like that sadly . Also I wouldn’t feel sorry the the issarn girls you speak of , they are also trying to do the same thing but get ripped off through their greed . 

6 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

There was a British (judging from accent) bloke living in building I stayed at and had sobbing stories as well... borrowed some money (story was that his ATM card was damaged and he couldn't get it replaced as bank already closed) and some movies to watch with his wife as it was her birthday... Asked about him 2 or 3 months later at reception, as I couldn't remember seeing him for a while... turned out he emptied the room slowly, stealing everything that could be carried, and disappeared. All they could do was send a copy of his passport to immigration but not sure whether they achieved anything. I did however see him in front of Robinson Asoke conning a foreign couple, but didn't want to cause a scene so I let it go...

Just saying the guy who defrauded the BBQ man is far from the only westerner conning Thai people with sobbing stories before running away.

Why is it that you read about so many trashy white young males wasting their lives in Thailand? Like and like attract so they felt most at home here ? 

6 hours ago, Russell17au said:

I find the statement by you about the "Moari Tattoos" quite offensive and an insult to the Moari people. If you were close enough to him as you claim, you would easily see that the tattoos are all Thai and Buddhist tattoos and I would guess that he used those tattoos as his "weapon" to con the Thai people because of their buddhist beliefs. It is quite easy to see the difference between the Moari Tattoos and what this scumbag has on his face and body.

Well, he was sitting at my table in my garden. Table isn’t that big, so i know what i saw. Looked Maori to me, but your the expert and probably seen more of him than me. Saw his fat face on the news today and noticed he had a new tattoo on his face that looked Buddhist. Perhaps he had enough of Maori, changed artist or the blue ink was finished.

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Wow. Thanks for that story. Amazing. What can one even say? I am always leery of someone who brags about their wealth, or income, or status, upon meeting them for the first time. I usually tell them how full of <deleted> they are, and how ridiculous they sound. Kind of a Trump type. Very insecure, and very phony. All kinds of bluster, and not much to back it up. Granted Trump has more cash than this guy. But, probably not by alot when you count his debts. I doubt he is a billionaire, as the guy from Forbes recently said. 

I have that same feeling. I was busy in the garden when he walked by. Told me he was new in the village and lived with his girlfriend. Polite (and curious) as i am, i asked him in. It took him less than 10 minutes to tell me how wealthy he was. From that moment i knew he was a con. Just out of curiousity i lend him the 1,000 thb. 

Sad is that he left his girlfriend of that time with a kid and loads of debts. Lucky for the kid it’s not born with tattoos!

1 hour ago, Ctkong said:

Why is it that you read about so many trashy white young males wasting their lives in Thailand? Like and like attract so they felt most at home here ? 

They probably wasted their lives in UK already......

13 hours ago, giddyup said:

If you saw the guys face you wouldn't lend him a satang, big buddha tattoo on his forehead, looks like a total loser.

I try not to judge a book by its cover.

You never know, anyone of us could end up with a drug addiction or mental disease, they show no preference for any creed, religion, wealth, nationality etc.

Respect to those helping the guy. Thais have much more compassion than foreigners. 

I've had my life saved by kind hearted Thais giving me money to go to a hospital.

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Wow. Thanks for that story. Amazing. What can one even say? I am always leery of someone who brags about their wealth, or income, or status, upon meeting them for the first time. I usually tell them how full of <deleted> they are, and how ridiculous they sound. Kind of a Trump type. Very insecure, and very phony. All kinds of bluster, and not much to back it up. Granted Trump has more cash than this guy. But, probably not by alot when you count his debts. I doubt he is a billionaire, as the guy from Forbes recently said. 

You are obsessed with Trump. 

Ever heard of taking poison and expecting someone else to die?

Archived