The Best Value for $$ Internet 4G in Thailand?

arfandy

7 devices, 3 notebooks, we are currently relying on weekly password to connect to intranet. The Internet speed is absolutely terrible (i guess too many people are connected). Problem is, each family can request only 4 papers of scratch-off code/pswrd per week. Each password valids for 1 device, hence if my kids want to watch youtube, somebody gotta disconnect and willingly give out the password.

Thus my question;

Is there any monthly Internet subscription in Thailand that gives generous amount of monthly data (at least 10GB, more the better), that can be used for tethering purpose (maybe insert the simcard into low-budget smartphone or that little device i dont know its name), without spending thousand of baht? Preferably prepaid simcard from any company (dtac, 12Call, True, THais, etc).

thanks

Try reading one of the very many recent threads running.

30 GB per month for 12 months; https://www.lazada.co.th/products/4g-30gb-1-i366118233-s715428291.html 1,190 baht is one example.

1 GB per day for seven devices likely won't be adequate. You can always buy more than one.

Other options may have a larger data allowance, but they are limited to a top speed of 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s). Not much good if that many devices will be using at the same time.

How do you intend to share the connection? Do you have a suitable MiFi?

• Thanks 1

Where do you use your internet? I had Wi from TOT, that was internet via an antenna, because we live too far away to get cable. I payed around 800 baht per month for 16 mbps and had three computers, two tablets, four phones and some other devices hooked to it with no noticable loss of connection.

Now a few months ago some men from TOT came and offered us highspeed internet through cable and we pay now for 100 mbps only 540 baht a month.

I think you are making your internet life more difficult then necessary.. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JamJar said:

Try reading one of the very many recent threads running.

30 GB per month for 12 months; https://www.lazada.co.th/products/4g-30gb-1-i366118233-s715428291.html 1,190 baht is one example.

1 GB per day for seven devices likely won't be adequate. You can always buy more than one.

Other options may have a larger data allowance, but they are limited to a top speed of 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s). Not much good if that many devices will be using at the same time.

How do you intend to share the connection? Do you have a suitable MiFi?

Thanks. this is exactly what i needed. I dont have MiFi for this simcard (yet) but all this time i've been using old Samsung Galaxy S3 as portable tethering, but due to battery-loss the S3 has to be hooked up to charger at all time. I am thinking to buy that little device MiFi for this very purpose. (Btw, this MiFi can be used for tethering purpose right? Maybe 3-4 devices are connected to it? We dont use it for torrent download, and the kids are using the weekly-password Intranet to watch youtube)

Do you have recommendation for MiFi brand that suitable for majority of simcard in Thailand? I can order one from my homecountry and someone who occasionally visits me can bring me to me., thou i'm not exactly sure if the frequency will match with the simcard from Thailand.

Do i need to register (passport/etc) when using this TrueMove simcard just like any other normal simcards?

Other than buying online, can i just walk-in to the nearest TrueMove shop and but it directly? maybe the rep can set me up everything too.

Thanks for your help

3 hours ago, Thaijack2014 said:

Where do you use your internet? I had Wi from TOT, that was internet via an antenna, because we live too far away to get cable. I payed around 800 baht per month for 16 mbps and had three computers, two tablets, four phones and some other devices hooked to it with no noticable loss of connection.

Now a few months ago some men from TOT came and offered us highspeed internet through cable and we pay now for 100 mbps only 540 baht a month.

I think you are making your internet life more difficult then necessary.. 

I know installing the home wifi from ToT is the best alternative, but since we are temporarily living at the hospital's guesthouse, i dont think the director of hospital will allow the installation of any sort of monthly-subscription device because once we leave this place, there is no guarantee the next tenant will be willing to pay this monthly internet subscription.

hence, we will be better to opt for 4G simcard and insert it into any tethering device. We dont use it for heavy downloading too, and the kids can always use the intranet to watch youtube (but like i said, 1 password only valid for 1 device, kinda like free public Internet at DonMuang airport)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arfandy said:

Thanks. this is exactly what i needed. I dont have MiFi for this simcard (yet) but all this time i've been using old Samsung Galaxy S3 as portable tethering, but due to battery-loss the S3 has to be hooked up to charger at all time. I am thinking to buy that little device MiFi for this very purpose. (Btw, this MiFi can be used for tethering purpose right? Maybe 3-4 devices are connected to it? We dont use it for torrent download, and the kids are using the weekly-password Intranet to watch youtube)

Do you have recommendation for MiFi brand that suitable for majority of simcard in Thailand? I can order one from my homecountry and someone who occasionally visits me can bring me to me., thou i'm not exactly sure if the frequency will match with the simcard from Thailand.

Do i need to register (passport/etc) when using this TrueMove simcard just like any other normal simcards?

Other than buying online, can i just walk-in to the nearest TrueMove shop and but it directly? maybe the rep can set me up everything too.

Thanks for your help

No you have to buy the SIM via the link provided.

Huawei E5573s-320 covers all frequencies:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/unlocked-huawei-e5573-e5573s-320-cat4-150mbps-wireless-mobile-mifi-wifi-router-2pcs-antenna-pk-mf90-r215-e5577-i273650607-s433452728.html

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/huawei-e5573-322-bolt-4g-mobile-mifi-dongle-lte-wifi-router-pocket-wifi-aisdtactrue-unlocked-e5573-i336186628-s651110487.html

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/huawei-e5573-4g-mobile-mifi-dongle-lte-wifi-router-pocket-wifi-aisdtactrue-unlocked-huawei-pocket-wifi-e5573-i383286396-s744712049.html

Samsung Galaxy S III is only 3G capable, though might still be ok for now, before the 4G MiFi arrives.

4 Mbps is enough for YouTube, so if you need an instant SIM before the full speed SIM arrives,(speed is dependent on your location) you can pop into a service centre to pick up a normal SIM(NOT a Tourist SIM);

DTAC;

Buy a new SIM and within seven days, apply;

*104*430# for 31 GB @ 4 Mbps, 100 baht per month. 

*104*100# for 101 GB @ 4 Mbps, 200 baht per month. 

*104*131# for 131 GB @ 4 Mbps, 250 baht per month.

After the first month, you can continue the package for up to 12 months by applying;

*104*433# for 31 GB @ 4 Mbps, 100 baht per month. 

*104*111# for 101 GB @ 4 Mbps, 200 baht per month. 

*104*133# for 131 GB @ 4 Mbps, 250 baht per month.

for months 2 until 12.

AIS;

Pick up a new AIS 4G SIM(The ONE SIM or Super Social are good choices) and within seven days of opening, add at least 200 baht and then apply the code *777*909# 

That will get you 110 GB per month, capped at 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s) for 200 baht per month.

Alternatively 32 GB, capped at 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s) for 100 baht per month via *777*918#

Truemove H;

Pick up a new Truemove H 4G SIM and within a day of opening, add at least 200 baht and then apply the code *900*9605# for 100 GB per month, capped at 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s) for 200 baht per month. Free calls are included.

Alternatively 30 GB, capped at 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s) for 100 baht per month via *900*9604#

One needs to press the dial key after the # in order to apply the code. You turn off data on the phone, leaving just the GSM signal, top up 100 or 200 baht and then apply the code. Once you receive the confirmation SMS, you can switch data back on.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, JamJar said:

No you have to buy the SIM via the link provided.

Huawei E5573s-320 covers all frequencies:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/unlocked-huawei-e5573-e5573s-320-cat4-150mbps-wireless-mobile-mifi-wifi-router-2pcs-antenna-pk-mf90-r215-e5577-i273650607-s433452728.html

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/huawei-e5573-322-bolt-4g-mobile-mifi-dongle-lte-wifi-router-pocket-wifi-aisdtactrue-unlocked-e5573-i336186628-s651110487.html

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/huawei-e5573-4g-mobile-mifi-dongle-lte-wifi-router-pocket-wifi-aisdtactrue-unlocked-huawei-pocket-wifi-e5573-i383286396-s744712049.html

Samsung Galaxy S III is only 3G capable, though might still be ok for now, before the 4G MiFi arrives.

4 Mbps is enough for YouTube, so if you need an instant SIM before the full speed SIM arrives,(speed is dependent on your location) you can pop into a service centre to pick up a normal SIM(NOT a Tourist SIM);

DTAC;

Buy a new SIM and within seven days, apply;

*104*430# for 31 GB @ 4 Mbps, 100 baht per month. 

*104*100# for 101 GB @ 4 Mbps, 200 baht per month. 

*104*131# for 131 GB @ 4 Mbps, 250 baht per month.

After the first month, you can continue the package for up to 12 months by applying;

*104*433# for 31 GB @ 4 Mbps, 100 baht per month. 

*104*111# for 101 GB @ 4 Mbps, 200 baht per month. 

*104*133# for 131 GB @ 4 Mbps, 250 baht per month.

for months 2 until 12.

AIS;

Pick up a new AIS 4G SIM(The ONE SIM or Super Social are good choices) and within seven days of opening, add at least 200 baht and then apply the code *777*909# 

That will get you 110 GB per month, capped at 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s) for 200 baht per month.

Alternatively 32 GB, capped at 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s) for 100 baht per month via *777*918#

Truemove H;

Pick up a new Truemove H 4G SIM and within a day of opening, add at least 200 baht and then apply the code *900*9605# for 100 GB per month, capped at 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s) for 200 baht per month. Free calls are included.

Alternatively 30 GB, capped at 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s) for 100 baht per month via *900*9604#

One needs to press the dial key after the # in order to apply the code. You turn off data on the phone, leaving just the GSM signal, top up 100 or 200 baht and then apply the code. Once you receive the confirmation SMS, you can switch data back on.

I bought my DTAC simcard a month ago right at DTAC Center, and i've asked the customer rep about special promo for huge monthly data and she said DTAC has none. Why didnt she tell me about this 7-day new simcard and buy +30GB for just 100 Baht per month? I clearly asked her, and she asked her coworker next to her and both of them said there was nothing but regular 499 Baht for 10GB per month. This info seems to be top secret and thank you very much for this valuable info. I guess i'll discard my dtac simcard and get the new one, then immediately apply *104*430# for 31 GB @ 4 Mbps, 100 baht per month.

However, if you dont mind answering me one last question, this promotion is auto-renewal every month or i'll have to remember the expiry subs and re-apply *104*430# it myself every month? My current DTAC is still active and i used my passport to registered it last month, would it be okay to buy the new DTAC number and use the same passport for registration? Or should i opt for other choice (TH-AIS, True Move H)?

Thanks a lot. You've been very helpful.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, arfandy said:

I bought my DTAC simcard a month ago right at DTAC Center, and i've asked the customer rep about special promo for huge monthly data and she said DTAC has none. Why didnt she tell me about this 7-day new simcard and buy +30GB for just 100 Baht per month? I clearly asked her, and she asked her coworker next to her and both of them said there was nothing but regular 499 Baht for 10GB per month. This info seems to be top secret and thank you very much for this valuable info. I guess i'll discard my dtac simcard and get the new one, then immediately apply *104*430# for 31 GB @ 4 Mbps, 100 baht per month.

However, if you dont mind answering me one last question, this promotion is auto-renewal every month or i'll have to remember the expiry subs and re-apply *104*430# it myself every month? My current DTAC is still active and i used my passport to registered it last month, would it be okay to buy the new DTAC number and use the same passport for registration? Or should i opt for other choice (TH-AIS, True Move H)?

Thanks a lot. You've been very helpful.

Really, you believe that people working at ANY company in Thailand know what they are talking about ? They just know nothing and do not even feel ashamed to so stupid.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 11:31 AM, gamesgplayemail said:

My AIS 110g for 200 thb has just been renewed automatically after the end of the first month. They still do not tell me how long I can use it, but i will always keep enough money on the account to allow it to auto renew. Maybe forever ? ????

Likely twelve months, but definitely for a minimum of six. The promo changes from month to month. But currently, the indication is that it is for twelve months, in line with the competition.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JamJar said:

Likely twelve months, but definitely for a minimum of six. The promo changes from month to month. But currently, the indication is that it is for twelve months, in line with the competition.

Actually it would be great to get a warning the last month that they will propose this promotion, because I would like to get a new SIM with 110go to use as long as possible.

But is there a way to know when they decide to stop offering this promotion for new sim cards ?

Thanks again for all your great posts, people here should be a bit more grateful to have you, because it's not on the idiots working at any carrier office that we could rely.

On 8/20/2019 at 10:22 AM, JamJar said:

pick up a new AIS 4G SIM(The ONE SIM or Super Social are good choices) and within seven days of opening, add at least 200 baht and then apply the code *777*909# 

Jamjar, I want the AIS package for 100 Baht per month, will that code only work on a 4G sim ? My sim is about 4 years old so I presume it's not 4G ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Jamjar, I want the AIS package for 100 Baht per month, will that code only work on a 4G sim ? My sim is about 4 years old so I presume it's not 4G ?

It seems that it has been explained and repeated so many times that you need a new SIM right ?

So why not listening and trying to follow what some nice people have explained so many times already ?

Thank you !

1 hour ago, YorkshireTyke said:

For your SIM, you are eligible for the 3/6/12 month totally unlimited data allowance @ 1 Mbps. 600/1200/1800 baht respectively.

Also totally unlimited 4 Mbps for three months(1284 baht) or 10 Mbps for three months(1926 baht)

If you want the new offer, you will need a new SIM. In that case, max out the validity period of your existing SIM in order to keep it alive, whilst you take advantage of the offer on new SIM.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 12:52 AM, kevin612 said:

I am going to buy A new DTAC sim again.

If you have an existing DTAC SIM registered previous to the 1st of March, keep it alive(by adding validity days at the rate of 2 baht per added month) even if you get a new one. Don't discard it.

On 8/20/2019 at 9:15 PM, JamJar said:

The DTAC option looks to be different from the others in that you apply a code from the second set of codes for it to continue from month two onwards. This is already made clear in my earlier post.

This in case, after testing the service for the first month, that you would like to change the allowance.

With the others, you have to continue on the same package that with you began....AFAIK.

You can register as many SIM cards as you like.

The 499 baht for 10 GB is likely not speed limited. But volume of data limited.

These packages are speed limited to 4 Mbps, but have a higher volume of data.

It could be that in your particular location, more than 4 Mbps is not available anyway, even on a full speed package. Dependent on the network.

With one network you might be able to get 15 Mbps at full speed, though with another, perhaps only 2 Mbps.

The only way to know, is to obtain one of each SIM card, buy a small daily package and run a speed test on each.

The one that is the fastest would be the one for you.

But hopefully, you should obtain at least 4 Mbps with any of those you choose.

You have the information here. Do not waste your time talking to sales people.

I am curious, if these packages are either VOLUME-BASED or SPEED-BASED, then how exactly having 3G, 4G, 5G phones will help with the connection speed if say, one to select unlimited volume but speed-based package cap at 4Mbps or 1Mbps while having the latest 4G device? 4Mbps is roughly the max capacity of 3G carrier, even worse if there are packages with only 1Mbps speed.. that's like 2G device all over again.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, onlycw said:

The local AIS store has a promotion. Friends got 25 GB with lower speed after that for a 200 Baht top up.

I paid 100 THB and got 32 GB? Only this afternoon, but it's working so far.

Are you one of those people who just post without perusing the thread beforehand?

It's really not that long a thread. Take a look at post #6.

• Thanks 1

I use 3BB for just over Baht 600 a month and at times my internet usage is continuous. There are also 4 of us using it and we have never had a block or a failure

Edited by upu2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, arfandy said:

I am curious, if these packages are either VOLUME-BASED or SPEED-BASED, then how exactly having 3G, 4G, 5G phones will help with the connection speed if say, one to select unlimited volume but speed-based package cap at 4Mbps or 1Mbps while having the latest 4G device? 4Mbps is roughly the max capacity of 3G carrier, even worse if there are packages with only 1Mbps speed.. that's like 2G device all over again.

On which 2G device did you ever achieve 1 Mbps?

2G Service

2G is the slowest kind of phone service and there are two kinds of tech that your phone could be running:

• GPRS: Icon shows G, maximum speeds of 0.1 Mbps, average speeds of less than 0.1 Mbps
  • Edge: Icon shows E, maximum speeds of 0.3 Mbps, average speeds of 0.1 Mbps

3G Service

If you’ve got 3G service then congratulations, you now have a smartphone! There are lots of different 3G technologies, which means there’s plenty of variation in 3G speeds:

• 3G: Icon shows 3G, maximum speeds of 0.3 Mbps, average speeds of 0.1 Mbps
  • HSPA: Icon shows H, maximum speeds of 7.2 Mbps, average speeds of 1.5 Mbps
  • HSPA+: Icon shows H+, maximum speeds of 21 Mbps, average speeds of 4 Mbps
  • DC-HSPA+: Icons shows H+, maximum speeds of 42 Mbps, average speeds of 8 Mbps

4G/4G+ Service

If you’re running 4G then you’re getting pretty fast download speeds, but again, there are various different technologies that your phone can have that will impact your speeds:

• LTE Category 4: Icon shows 4G, maximum speeds of 150 Mbps, average speeds of between 12 and 15 Mbps
  • LTE-Advanced Category 6: Icon shows 4G+, maximum speeds of 300 Mbps, average speeds of between 24 and 30 Mbps
  • LTE-Advanced Category 9: Icon shows 4G+, maximum speeds of 450 Mbps, average speeds around 60 Mbps

Most of what you write is questionable. In addition, the bands are often on different frequencies. So not having access to all bands can put you at a disadvantage.

All in all, a bit of a pointless discussion since you can simply purchase the package that suits your needs.

6 Mbps, 8 Mbps, 10 Mbps and full speed are all available.

No one is forcing anyone to purchase 384 kbps, 512 kbps, 1 Mbps nor 4 Mbps. people purchase them because it suits their pocket or their need.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, onlycw said:

The local AIS store has a promotion. Friends got 25 GB with lower speed after that for a 200 Baht top up.

I paid 100 THB and got 32 GB? Only this afternoon, but it's working so far.

I paid 200 thb and get 110 GB monthly !

This promotion is unbeatable ! Thank you JAMJAR ❤️