Phnom Penh to Bangkok by Land

I am currently in Phnom Penh. I need to go to Bangkok. I need to use a land visa exempt entry. I have only one of these so far this year.

I know to avoid Poipet, but I know that travel leg well.... I don't know the other border crossings.

Which land crossing should I use, that is the most hassle-free... But which also has easy, regular busses into Bangkok?

I've looked at all the crossings south of Poipet on Google Maps. They all look very remote with few services on either the Cambodian or Thailand side.

Thanks,

Thomas.

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Perhaps the Cham Yeam crossing to Hat Lek in Trat. There is local transport into Muang Trat from there and then buses to Bangkok from there. Or you could fly from there to Bangkok.

Map here: https://goo.gl/maps/vMadHqrmDvBGoxz59

This looks like a good choice:

- 300 km from Phnom Penh to Cham Yeam by bus.

- Mini Vans are available on the Thai side up to TDX (Trat) airport. About 120km.

- Bangkok Airways has 2 flights a day from TDX to BKK.

Thanks Joe.

Just an update....

I crossed at Cham Yeam, very slow and easy crossing for anyone that is interested.

I arrived at 11:30am. One person in line in front of me on the Cambodian side to stamp out.

Walk about 75 meters across the border. Cambodians will offer to drive you across for $2 if you have a lot of luggage and don't want to walk.

On Thai side, I filled out an arrival card, right to the window, no waiting... No questions from Immigration. Finger print scanners were in use.

Entire process about 10 minutes.

• Like 1