Famous US singer/actor John Legend causes quite a stir at Korat market

webfact

4 hours ago, Tyrant said:

Next week the Thai government will offer him Thai citizenship like they did with Tiger Woods ???? 

Why would the Thai Government have to offer Tiger Woods  Thai citizenship ? His mother is Thai , his father was US Military of African American, Chinese, and Native American descent.   SInce his mother is Thai he can claim or get Thai citizenship/passport whenever he wants as a returning Thai National.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Abe Am said:

A talented artist lands worldwide hits and wins 10 Grammys, an Oscar, and many other prestigious awards over a 15-year span.

The Thai Visa crowd: "Who dat?"

I guess the rabbit hole is quite deep for some. 

i am a lifelong musician and due to genre did not know this guy or his name though i have heard that song ad nauseam, sort of like the pop version of "hotel california" also overplayed.

i know many rockers, jazzers, bluesers, reggae ers, and even opera ers.

for me the only '"john" that is a "legend" is john lennon

6 hours ago, nev said:

One of my favourites by him.

Oh and by the way it has had 1.5 billion views and some on here laughing at him and saying his wife is more famous lmfao.

Hugely popular with Thai teen girls a few years ago (per my students).

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

Why would the Thai Government have to offer Tiger Woods  Thai citizenship ? His mother is Thai , his father was US Military of African American, Chinese, and Native American descent.   SInce his mother is Thai he can claim or get Thai citizenship/passport whenever he wants as a returning Thai National.

Because the "government" at the time wanted in on Tigers popularity and fame! he wasn't interested, the "ceremony" was performed at the old airport where he gave them 10 minutes of his time.

Bitchiness or being Catty in my time related to the female side.. seems times change and old boring no nothing jealous TV commentators have cornered the market. Are your lives so pathetic that pouring scorn and ridicule on someone you know nothing about... makes your day. Pathetic... 

13 hours ago, Petchou said:

Oh, you must be living in hole.  You are the problem, not him. Lol

13 hours ago, Chazar said:

Lets  look  back in 200  years and see if  hes "remembered "  then, like Mozart etc but I  think we already  know that answer.............who?

OK, Nostradamus, how's that crystal ball that you're looking into, which gives you some magical insight, 200 years, from now? As for being famous, if Mozart walked through the same market, today, then, how many local Thais do you think would know him? Most likely, ZERO.

43 minutes ago, skytrooper70 said:

OK, Nostradamus, how's that crystal ball that you're looking into, which gives you some magical insight, 200 years, from now? As for being famous, if Mozart walked through the same market, today, then, how many local Thais do you think would know him? Most likely, ZERO.

Thais  knowing anything outside of Thailand would surprise me much more, to them there is "only Thailand"

One of the few heated arguments I ever got into in Thailand was about whether Anne Shelton was,in fact,a far superior singer and rival to Vera Lynn!????

Anyway..I am sure that Transam would create a similar stir if he walked thru the markets of Ubon..

Mr Legend seems like the genuine article to me.

He certainly wouldn't be concerned with Baht to Pound or Dollar fluctuations or how much the price of cheese and Chang have gone up. Not married to a bar girl, either. Kids seem to like his music. Wife was pretty a few years back before middle age.

Thais know him mostly because his wife is half Thai. Just like they like Tiger Woods for the same reason. Otherwise they couldn't care less.

2019-08-22_5-42-45.png.6f969368534487d013a2b0baf5c4441f.png

2019-08-22_6-08-37.png.991b47030e3a3ef6d036333c889d7f38.png

59398c0b5a1d1b3e5025d7ec-750-563.jpg.990cfddded6c7b742d9250c84eaae92e.jpg

18 hours ago, Berkshire said:

They're both fairly well-known in the USA, at least among certain demographics (read not old white guys).  Chrissy Teigen was a model and super hot back in her younger days.  

image.png.4138b5131a9b6a5abda995d7cca94ad6.png

Half Norwegian, half Thai. Can't think of many better combinations than that. Certain more woman than I could handle. 

Archived