Validity Of Thai Marriages Abroad

h5kaf,

As I have stated in other postings about this, the translations doesn't have to be by an approved service. When I got mine done, the people forgot to sign it and the MFA just got my gf to sign as doing the translation. They were happy, they stamped it and away it all went.

Think you will find that if you went back to the UK to live and wanted to register and claim various benefits that the wedding certificate needs an 'approved, licensed ' translation.

the translations doesn't have to be by an approved service. When I got mine done, the people forgot to sign it and the MFA just got my gf to sign as doing the translation. They were happy, they stamped it and away it all went

I haven't read the entire thread completely, but as to john be good's first posts regarding the divorce in the U.K. and the validity/recognition of a Thai marriage NOT occuring at the Amphur: it is submitted that when one files for a divorce, and the divorce complaint is "answered" or the opposing party "appears", thereby agreeing that "the complaint of divorce" is a proper "action" to settle the dispute, without challenging the "jurisdiction of the court" to hear the matter, then none are concerned as to the validity of the marriage.

In effect, if one doesn't raise the issue of the validity of the marriage in the first papers filed, then there is a tacit admission that a valid marriage occured from which the divorce is sought and the issue of the validity of the marriage is never visited.

Thus you could have a divorce in U.K. or anywhere else, without there being a legal marriage in the first place.

Bronco,

Not sure if I was lucky or like evrything else here, if you are polite and smile a lot then generally the people are helpful. I personally have no problem with the paperwork for marriage or visa to Australia. I guess everyone has there own versions though. :o

Bronco,

Not sure if I was lucky or like evrything else here, if you are polite and smile a lot then generally the people are helpful. I personally have no problem with the paperwork for marriage or visa to Australia. I guess everyone has there own versions though. :o

comes down to the luck of the draw MFO, you hear some good stories and bad.

best enbassy advice is dress for the occasion, be thoroughly prepared, don't bullsh!t.

I preferred using the wedding service because we only had limited time in BKK