Sadao border bounce quesrion

I am a British citizen with a current valid Non O Visa based on marriage.

I next need to leave the country on 8th September.

I live in Samui and plan to drive myself to exit and return via the Sadao border crossing.

Can I simply park my car on the Thai side, walk across the border and then walk back into Thailand the same day?

As mentioned my visa is valid and I do not have any history of overstay. I've been submitting all my TM30s etc.

Many thanks.

According to reports I have read over the last year or so, there are no particular problems at Sadao these days, except an insistence that those leaving and returning visa exempt must stay in Malaysia for one night. With a multiple entry Non O, I think you will be fine.

14 hours ago, HTC said:

On the map it looks like the Padang border is not far from Sadao so if it is the better option, I'm fine with that.

I'll wait to see if other people have recently done the same before I decide.

No .. a bad move.

It’s mentioned in other threads here, Padang have a policy of putting westerners in an office for interrogation, happened to me, in a ME-O visa.

Sadao are fine, I came back on a bike after a couple of days in Malaysia  and nothing was said, they sometimes have a rule for tourist visas, you need to stay out overnight, Non-o holders can just bounce.

I found the best place to be Satun, it will be another couple of hours round trip, but it’s easy, convenient and 100% stress free. 

I live in Hat Yai, so I get to hear about some things on the grapevine or through out local Facebook groups. I thought the 200B in the passport has stopped.

Avoid Padang and Nathawi. 

Thanks for all the comments and advise.

I have changed my mind and decided to head to the border with Myanmar at Ranong. It's actually less driving time from where I live and I can do a bounce on the same day as well.