Gay Parenting

Deadcert

After some long discussions with friends from bothsides of the fence, I decided to look into the possibility of having a child of my own.

I was wondering whether there were any guys who use this forum who have come to a mutually convienent understanding with a Thai lady in respect of a child. It strikes me that this could be beneficial to both parties.

It would appear that Thai ladies are not as hung up over sexuality as their western counterparts and might well consider the benefits of such an agreement.

Any views or experiences welcome.

It would appear that Thai ladies are not as hung up over sexuality as their western counterparts and might well consider the benefits of such an agreement.

Actually I wouldn't say that, as a matter of fact there are many western career women whose clocks are ticking awfully fast and want to have children. Many would take up the offer from a gay man, rather than resorting to a one night stand (with their fingers crossed) :o.

Two of my closest friends are a gay couple, both successful lawyers with an ideal lifestyle, and one day they would like to have a child. To cut a long story short, they want my genes (and think I'd make a great mother :D), obviously it would be a turkey baster procedure :D. I've contemplated the offer - I want to have children one day and if I don't meet that special someone than I'd be content with settling for this situation. At least I know my child will be loved.

This sort of thing is a lot more prevalent in the west than many people think - however not sure how common it is here.

Why don't you adopt a child? Its hard enough to explain children of male/female couples why they grow up with only a father or only a mother. Why create such a case when you can adopt a child who has no parents at all?

• Like 1

Nat.

I agree with what you say but because I have a home in Thailand I think it would be better for the child to at least spend its early years in the Kingdom, after all the cost of living is cheaper and life more pleasant .

Things like child care have no comparison and from an all round safety point of view I think Thailand wins hands down.

Rainman,

I have begun to look into the idea of adoption but there is a lot of red tape., not made any easier if you are a poof. It is looking easier to go the natural route, with a little help of course.

Luckily I am surrounded by females both in the UK and Thailand so there would be no question of any child lacking female influence. Further to that it would be my intention not to just "buy" a baby but have full involvement with the childs mother so nothing is missing.

I believe strongly that the most important thing for any child is that it is brought up in a loving enviroment where its interests are paramount. As you rightly suggest this is not a sure thing even when the child comes from a regular man/woman relationship.

"Up to you". But i can only tell you from my opinion, because i grew up most of my childhood with only one parent and there was always something missing, even in a loving environment. I still do miss it today sometimes and wish it would have been different.

I intend to have full involvement with the Mother so as to avoid the single parent thing.

Thats why I think Thailand would offer the best solution to my problem, as there would be something for both parties.

I also need to examine all aspects as I would hate to make a mistake.

I had two parents that were always rowing and often wish they had divorced as it would havemade things easier. So there are problems which ever way you look at it.

You got any kids.