TM-30, TM-28 and Power of Attorney

7 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

What POA they wanted? From the homeowner?

jackdd just explained if your doing the TM30 in ur name for urself they it doesn’t need POA.

Not yet, but officially you DO need a POA from the homeowner if you´re the tenant, even if your name is on the contract. Probably to much hassle at CW for the IO's right now to follow the rules strictly. But that can change tomorrow. So why take the risk?

8 hours ago, jackdd said:

But he has just one, this probably means they tossed his TM28 in the trash, because they don't care about it.

Yeah, the IO probably tossed the TM28 in the trash. But not before she took a long look at it, comparing the information on this form with the info on my passport and the TM30.  

7 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Not sure about that....

My mailed in TM30 to BKK CW was accepted and I got the receipt back in my SASE within a few days earlier this year.

But then more recently, member Pib here mailed in his TM30 to BKK CW, didn't receive his receipt back or anything else, and had no contact from them at all.

I sent mine to Chaeng Wattana via EMS on 5th August, still nothing back. With lease, signed copies of landlord's tabien baan and ID. I did fill in the form in my name though, as possessor, rather than getting the landlord to fill it in, which maybe was a mistake.

I sent mine to Chaeng Wattana via EMS on 5th August, still nothing back. With lease, signed copies of landlord's tabien baan and ID. I did fill in the form in my name though, as possessor, rather than getting the landlord to fill it in, which maybe was a mistake.
My first mailed-in TM30 took about 3 weeks, in June. I mailed in a new one on 28 July and have not received the receipt yet. I mailed in another one on 19 August. As we come and go quite regularly it's likely I may have to mail in another one next month. All were mailed by EMS and the return envelope.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

My first mailed-in TM30 took about 3 weeks, in June. I mailed in a new one on 28 July and have not received the receipt yet. I mailed in another one on 19 August. As we come and go quite regularly it's likely I may have to mail in another one next month. All were mailed by EMS and the return envelope.

One of the curious/perplexing things about the TM30 is just how it will be enforced for folks making multiple trips away from home.

Right now, AFAIK in BKK, the only time they're seriously checking on TM30 status is when you go for a new extension of stay once a year. AFAIK, a person can do all the online 90 day reports they want during the year regardless of TM30 status, at least for the time being.

So the question arises, does someone in your shoes really need to be refiling TM30s with each successive trip, OR, is it enough to just make sure to file one for your last trip prior to going to Immigration for your annual extension of stay application?

14 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

What POA they wanted? From the homeowner?

jackdd just explained if your doing the TM30 in ur name for urself they it doesn’t need POA.

Yeah, I in fact had my rental contract with my name and the owner's name. Yet, they still asked me for a POA, though, I was still able to complete my TM30, no problems.  POA from the owner.  This was at Chaengwattana

13 hours ago, Max69xl said:

In some Immigration offices they ask for a POA anyway. Go figure.

13 hours ago, Max69xl said:

FYI, the law behind the TM30 is 40 years old. 

Yeah, FYI the law has existed for 40 years. Notice how I didn't grasp the humor in your comment..reminds me of...

On 8/28/2019 at 2:05 PM, Solinvictus said:

Yeah, FYI the law has existed for 40 years. Notice how I didn't grasp the humor in your comment..reminds me of...

It was more sarcasm than humor. I'm quite happy for not living in BKK and have to do this c**p at CW immigration.

Edited by Max69xl
More info
  • Haha 1

I guess all immigration offices tackle the TM problem on their own interpretation, some lenient, some strictly to the last letter of the law.

What i have noticed is .....new io staff need to impress and that could be a bit of a hassle, yet the regular staff know exactly what to do in a couple of minutes and leave you with a 'good' service feeling.

One of the curious/perplexing things about the TM30 is just how it will be enforced for folks making multiple trips away from home.

Right now, AFAIK in BKK, the only time they're seriously checking on TM30 status is when you go for a new extension of stay once a year. AFAIK, a person can do all the online 90 day reports they want during the year regardless of TM30 status, at least for the time being.

So the question arises, does someone in your shoes really need to be refiling TM30s with each successive trip, OR, is it enough to just make sure to file one for your last trip prior to going to Immigration for your annual extension of stay application?

Good question. My and my family's extensions are due in October so I will ask then. The problem is that what you're told by an individual immigration officer can change. People I work with were officially told by Immigration at CW in May that a new TM30 only had to be done when returning from abroad - now it's required for all domestic trips.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk