Beijing Has Something to Say About TM30

14 minutes ago, highonthai said:

I own a home in CM and have a couple of rental properties also.

I'm hoping that this TM30 thing goes away. In the past we only TM30'd the tenant once, that was it. I'm surprised that we have not heard from any Thai property owners on this issue yet. 

it aint going to go away......

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

agencies. There's a reason why the Russians and now the Chinese are getting into Thai condo ownership. The Indians will be next.

I doubt it the Indians are keeping pretty busy constantly opening new Indian restaurants,that always seem to have no customers...  

5 hours ago, Martyp said:

China has one of the most extensive surveillance and facial recognition systems in the world. What they ought to be doing is selling their technology to Thailand to blanket the country with cameras. Then no one would need to file a TM30 ever.

And the system would be broken and not maintained within 6 months.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Martyp said:

China has one of the most extensive surveillance and facial recognition systems in the world. What they ought to be doing is selling their technology to Thailand to blanket the country with cameras. Then no one would need to file a TM30 ever.

edit. Just not a good idea.

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, 3421abc said:

They should tell all the Chinese whom want to buy a condo here by the way you have to report like you are on probation every time your come back to you home or spend the night away from it.

Not even China has this stupid law on foreigners. 

I'm sure that, if anything, only 'pressure' from the Chinese (press or government) could force the Thais to rescind this antiquated law...

• Like 2

No need to fill a TM 30 in China, but as tourist (and not staying in a hotel),you have to register at a local police station within 24hrs. I missed it last time and my friend living there got a hectic phone call from his office, that we have to go there NOW. A few police officers knocked at his condo 26hrs after my arrival, but we weren`t there ????

If I would have failed to go there, I would`ve been blacklisted to enter the country the next time. So while it just for tourists, we should be happy they are still far from that stage in Thailand.

Edited by SpanishExpat
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Martyp said:

Read the other day by 2020 China will have one camera for every two people, makes u think.

31 minutes ago, SpanishExpat said:

So while it just for tourists, we should be happy they are still far from that stage in Thailand.

Yeah, there's two ways to look at it I guess.

You look at it as "it could be much worse".

I look at it as "it could be much better".

Mine is unrealistic in today's Thailand, so I left. Won't change basic principles due to authoritarian regimes. 

It's exactly the same as saying: "there are people poorer than me so I should be happy".

I know a lot of people richer than me and I prefer that direction forward. Otherwise, I am limiting myself.

People that do wish to stay, however, will have to "follow the laws", whatever those may be. 

But then again, each person is different, they can put in balance the pros and cons and make their own decisions.

Edited by lkv