Pound drops as fears of no-deal Brexit grow

Jonathan Fairfield

Farage now on his LBC soapbox saying that Boris is bringing back May's reheated WA and he needs the Queen's Speech to bring it back which Ruth Davidson majored on in an interview today. Crowing that he always feared that and won't co-operate in an election. Sees Boris as the enemy of a clean (WTO) Brexit. Have been thinking this for a while it's a BRINO with a two year 'transition period' aka extension. So Brexiteers Farage or Johnson you've got to choose your poison. If you back BoJo then is the new farsighted realistic remain position. 

Back BoJo for Remain in All But Name !

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well Mr Turkey we know how you voted in the Christmas Referendum. 

No secret how I voted and this sad sack is lovin’ it.
Will you still be in Thailand for Christmas or should I give you your stuffing now? It will be much nicer with my big turkey and no more Remoaning.

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I think most remainers school term report cards said at one time, "Perpetually sets low targets and consistently fails to achieve any of them."

I see that you are following the trend of most of the Brexiteers on here.

No facts, figures, or rebuttals.........just weak, tepid insults which is all you have.

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

No secret how I voted and this sad sack is lovin’ it.
Will you still be in Thailand for Christmas or should I give you your stuffing now? It will be much nicer with my big turkey and no more Remoaning.

I arrive on December 3rd and leave March 3rd. I shall graciously accept your offer of a lift to Jomtien. 

15 hours ago, billd766 said:

And if the people still want to leave, I assume that you would carry on with Brexit?

If the people want to stay that makes it 1 referendum all. So will you allow the leavers to have a third referendum?

If not then why not?

Bill, please read my post. A GE is not a referendum. It's to select a government party. It's up to the incoming government to decide what happens next. I understand the latest from Corbyn is that another referendum is not on their party's agenda. 

15 hours ago, billd766 said:

But there was a general election in 2017.

So we have had a referendum and we have had a GE. Now what?

quote "Bear in mind, I'm not against change by any means. But it has got to be the right approach, with the right plans and right benefit aim for Britain."

Who should decide what are the right plans and right benefit aim for Britain?

I would like to hope that the winning party's manifesto provides that answer.  

2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Bill, please read my post. A GE is not a referendum. It's to select a government party. It's up to the incoming government to decide what happens next. I understand the latest from Corbyn is that another referendum is not on their party's agenda. 

"It's up to the incoming government to decide what happens next."

Actually, the incoming govt. is supposed to carry out their manifesto - not decide afterwards "what happens next"!

There was a GE in '17 (IIRC) - and the remain supporting parties lost badly.  Both the conservatives and labour manifestos were to respect the referendum result.

Yes, the tories lost a lot of seats in the GE, and I hope to one day find out why they came out with other policies that would clearly lose them a lot of votes.....

12 minutes ago, <deleted> dasterdly said:

Actually, the incoming govt. is supposed to carry out their manifesto - not decide afterwards "what happens next"!

There was a GE in '17 (IIRC) - and the remain supporting parties lost badly.  Both the conservatives and labour manifestos were to respect the referendum result.

Yes, the tories lost a lot of seats in the GE, and I hope to one day find out why they came out with other policies that would clearly lose them a lot of votes.....

There was speculation I read (trying to find it) that Junker convinced Theresa May to hold a GE after the referendum, knowing that her majority would be cut. She didn't need to at all and we are in this mess because of that.

History does suggests that if a PM is replaced from the Government then the popularity is often reduced. Major, Brown are examples.

Whilst she (TM) had more seats than the opposition her majority was reduced. True or not it would make sense from the remainer and a Europhile, doing the EU's bidding

16 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

There was speculation I read (trying to find it) that Junker convinced Theresa May to hold a GE after the referendum, knowing that her majority would be cut. She didn't need to at all and we are in this mess because of that.

History does suggests that if a PM is replaced from the Government then the popularity is often reduced. Major, Brown are examples.

Whilst she (TM) had more seats than the opposition her majority was reduced. True or not it would make sense from the remainer and a Europhile, doing the EU's bidding

I had assumed Davis and/or her cabinet were behind this hoping to bring Stormont to heel.

(The tail had been wagging the dog)

8 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

I see that you are following the trend of most of the Brexiteers on here.

No facts, figures, or rebuttals.........just weak, tepid insults which is all you have.

Me following? You jest sir.

It's your beloved Remainers that essentially started all the puerility with their "only racist, old, white people with a low IQ voted to leave" brickbats. The newly empowered and easily streets ahead more clever and proactive Brexiteers have simply finessed it.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

It's your beloved Remainers that essentially started all the puerility with their "only racist, old, white people with a low IQ voted to leave" brickbats. The newly empowered and easily streets ahead more clever and proactive Brexiteers have simply finessed it.

Please get some of them to sign up to Thai Visa.

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Possibly, but, walking off a cliff is still walking off a cliff. Doesn't matter how "clever and proactive" you were to get to the edge and jump.

On 8/29/2019 at 8:53 AM, shaurene said:

No no he is not, it was already running into the ground. He is doing what the people voted for. The EU will screw UK into the ground as punishment. We do not need a deal. Many countries have already confirmed they will and want a free trade deal with UK. 

USA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, SOUTH AFRICA AND A NUMBER OF ASIA COUNTRIES. 

Within a year of leaving UK will be booming. 

We will. Have our old fishing areas back.

you all thinking negatively. 

Overlooking one very important item, what happens when Scottish troops refuse to shoot on the Irish in Belfast. I can assure you as a Kiwi no Commonwealth soldiers will volunteer to help you out, the bigger misunderstanding is that it is critical for a small country to get on with the neighbours, who can ever forget the stream of insults thrown at Europe by Faridge and his supporters, she'll be a rough road ahead particularly if Trump was to lose in 2020 robbing England of her main ally.

9 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Possibly, but, walking off a cliff is still walking off a cliff. Doesn't matter how "clever and proactive" you were to get to the edge and jump.

Outwith your decidedly unoriginal allusion to lemmings, what's to fear? I mean apart from Project Fear itself?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9717015/britain-economy-project-fear-brexit/

14 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Outwith your decidedly unoriginal allusion to lemmings, what's to fear? I mean apart from Project Fear itself?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9717015/britain-economy-project-fear-brexit/

Ahhhhh.....Project Fear. The British equivalent of the US Deep State.......................both figments of the imagination.

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

But that doesn't explain the other policies that were clearly going to lose a lot of votes.

2 hours ago, <deleted> dasterdly said:

Have you considered it was Labour’s manifesto that won Labour the massive swing to Labour?

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

More tinfoil hat conspiracy.

The real motivation was Theresa May desperate for an increased majority and her fateful belief in the opinion polls that at the start of the campaign indicated Labour lagging the Tories by around 30 points.

Theresa May went into the election believing she would annihilate Corbyn and Labour.

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Have you considered it was Labour’s manifesto that won Labour the massive swing to Labour?

Talk about living in the past, eh?

So what happened much, much more recently? You know, with the huge resurgence of the Lib Dems and Greens and the unrelenting devastation that swept both Conservative AND Labour into the political gutter?

On 8/29/2019 at 12:34 PM, bristolboy said:

You mean he has plans but he's just not sharing them with anybody? Why not?

How come when I write a post know exactly what I mean and when Remainers reply they think I got it wrong and what I really meant was ...............

I will repeat what I said before,

quote from my post "I have no idea what his plans are, other than to get the UK out of the EU on 31st October."

Now I know what I meant, but you obviously know better than me, or at least you think that you do.

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Looking forward to 1=1 to US dollar in a few months when I visit London.

Thanks you.

maybe you wishes come thru sooner than expected...... now 1 Pound = 37.23 bath

On 8/28/2019 at 10:10 PM, fishtank said:

Dictator Boris is doing a fine job of running the UK into the ground.

Running the pound into the ground, soon gbp below the euro.

You could not make that one up, matey..

11 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Does Corbyn have an agenda ?.  

He is totally inadequate , Labour party is not effective in opposition .

We get what we vote... Tory party are indeed  blessed , having Corbyn as opposition leader. 

All part of the plan ? ...

Archived