Non Imm O visa

I'm changing my Non-Imm O visa to a retirement based visa, so I don't have to leave the country every 90 days.

So far I've had 2 rejections of my supporting documents at Mukdahan Immigration. Here's what they are asking for today. I've indicated NEW as New to me.

• Completed application form
  • Photocopies of passport ID page, Current O visa, current entry stamp and departure card.
  • Since I live with gf, copy of her lease agreement, and her ID and another document showing her address.
  • NEW! Copy of building owner's ID and document showing their current residence address. Basis of first rejection, didn't have it.
  • Signed bank statement showing 800k for prior 3 months.
  • NEW! The bank statement must be dated the same day that you're applying for the visa. Basis of 2nd rejection as mine was dated the day before.
  • NEW! Photocopy of all bank book pages for prior 3 months in addition to the statement.
  • Signed visa Acknowledgement of terms and conditions form.

What there telling you seems correct. Letter has always been dated the same day as you apply.

Rented accommodation has always been house book and ID card of the owner 

With regards to the last bit 3 months back pages I expect that forms part of the new rules where you can't touch the money for 3 months after. So this time as it's your first it won't be counted next year they may/will look and if it's dipped under no extension. 

Personally as your living close to the border I wouldn't be going down that route but staying on NoN O. But no doubt plenty will jump in saying ah well!!!!

12 hours ago, jwbrit said:

I'm changing my Non-Imm O visa to a retirement based visa, so I don't have to leave the country every 90 days.

Firstly, it's an extension based on retirement, a permit, not a Visa.

Unlike a Visa it doesn't allow entries to Thailand. Whilst you can file 90 day reports at Mukdahan IO, if you want to leave and re-enter you must purchase a re-entry permit to keep any remaining permission to stay from the extension valid.

Signed copies of the landlords Tabien Baan (Blue house book) and ID card are fairly standard as proof of address.

As already mentioned, usually the bank book/statement should be dated the same day as the application + a letter from the bank confirming your details and account.

For extension applications the official requirement is for funds to have been deposited for 2 months, not 3. Copies of bank book are required as standard.

They'll probably throw a couple of other forms at you for signature such as overstay rules etc.

Put it down to experience, you'll be better prepared next year.

I assume your aware, after being granted the extension, you must keep the 800K in the bank for 3 months, then you can withdraw up to 400k, before topping up to 800K again 2 months before next years application, although it appears Mukdahan are using the old rule of 3 months.

Edited by Tanoshi

Thanks Tanoshi. Yes that's right I must report back in 3 months to show I still have the 800k balance.

John Thom, I'm going to explore the 65k per month route to see what they need as proof of funds/pension overseas in lieu of Embassy letter.

Thailand_IO_MoneyRules.jpg