The "leavers" that can't leave.

swissie

On 8/30/2019 at 4:31 AM, RichardColeman said:

If the Uk would relax financial laws on visas for my wife and child today, I'd be on the 0.01 am flight out tomorrow. And it really annoys me to think that as a UK Brit of 55 years that worked all their life, an unemployed EU citizen can bring their unemployed wife within hours !

an illegal in EU can bring not only his whole family, but also grandparents, uncles and aunts, they never have to work one day and get everything for free...

compare that to thailand:  you have to prove you have money and nothing is giving, quite the opposite... more bullcrap every day/week/month...

17 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

why do people project their own circumstance and assume it applies to everyone?

a person always talking about leaving and not acting is a sign of depression.

not really. more a sign of discontent

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Meh - people like to gripe about almost anything.

Old people probably gripe more because they have less to occupy their time.

Also, most people who gripe and claim they are moving to (wherever) have no clue what (wherever) is really like and have no desire to actually go there and find out. The grass always seems greener on the other side of the fence, until you get there and realize it's not better (or a lot worse) than where you were before.

I'm sure if all those people really did move to "wherever" and found it to be oh so much better than here, they'd all be on here non-stop bragging and gloating about it.

From the lack of bragging/gloating about having moved somewhere else threads, I'd say most of them were just simply griping to get a load of their chests.

Just yawn and carry on !

• Like 2

On 8/30/2019 at 4:31 AM, RichardColeman said:

If the Uk would relax financial laws on visas for my wife and child today, I'd be on the 0.01 am flight out tomorrow. And it really annoys me to think that as a UK Brit of 55 years that worked all their life, an unemployed EU citizen can bring their unemployed wife within hours !

Not for much longer as of 1st November that won’t be the case

Oh gee, as I've mentioned before, we are all different, have different levels of tolerance and so on. Sometimes it is just a question of what one has 'invested' both physically and mentally and the values placed on these.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Unbelievable. I assume and hope you have neither of these.

My wife and kids are most certainly not a liability. They are the joy of my life and help me to live here in my ways. If moving  they would also be an asset.

Glad you have the right attitude.

But, what the post refers to has been true at least on here.

So many saying "if I did not have a family here I would leave¨.

It actually has been the most common theme excuse for those who feel they are forced to stay.

• Like 1