Moving to Siem Reap but want to visit wife and boy

Why not bring the family over to live in Siem Reap? It's quite a nice place to be. Certainly more fun than Thailand, alcohol is available 24/7 and the bars and clubs are pumping until 4am.

Oops...perhaps not a priority if you're married and have a kid. But either way a nice enough place to live. Restaurant prices similar to establishments in Bangkok.

On 8/30/2019 at 9:13 AM, thequietman said:

This is incredibly sad and I hope those of you on here with the necessary funds will not be dicks about it.

He is a father, yet has to leave Thailand because he doesn't have the ridiculous amount of money that the immigration say that he must have. 

Shame on any who criticise him for this, you should bow UR head in shame.

400K baht is NOT a ridiculous amount.

I will NOT bow my head to no one.

5 hours ago, Gumballl said:

400K baht is NOT a ridiculous amount.

It might not be an insane amount of cash, but it is more than someone caught in unexpected circumstances can often come up with.  

I generally agree with the thought that you are much better off trying to make it work in Thailand than relocating to Cambodia if you don’t have 400k baht available, unless there is an ulterior motive not being communicated.  You will eat up that difference over the course of a year easily with added expensses.