UK finance minister 'livid' at PM Johnson over firing of aide - media

rooster59

1 hour ago, joecoolfrog said:

One needs to know the context to understand what this is really about. Cummings is furious because of the leaked documents that showed that he and the government were fully aware that ' project fear ' was in fact very real.

Given that they have used it as an excuse to ignore all the expert warnings , it pretty much shows who the biggest liars have been.

All of which is true; but is it relevant to this topic?

There is absolutely no evidence to link Ms Khan to the leaking of any document.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, candide said:

The most embarrassing information may well be that there is nothing to be leaked....

Details of Yellowhammer and/or dirt on Boris's 'domestic' could reasonably be expected to have been gleaned by the likes of Hammond & the Weasel more than a month ago. I'm guessing this sacking relates to something a little more recent...

Edited by evadgib

There is absolutely no evidence to link Ms Khan to the leaking of any document.

Plenty of declarations of innocence or guilt in these posts, all based on something read in the media. In reality, nobody knows. Did she, didn’t she? Who cares.
The fact is that she was a Remainer in a position she shouldn’t have been. The govt is full of them - politicians, civil servants, lackeys and hangers on. They are the reason we are in the mess of not having left yet. Good riddance to her and now wheedle our the rest of them.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Plenty of declarations of innocence or guilt in these posts, all based on something read in the media. In reality, nobody knows. Did she, didn’t she? Who cares.
The fact is that she was a Remainer in a position she shouldn’t have been. The govt is full of them - politicians, civil servants, lackeys and hangers on. They are the reason we are in the mess of not having left yet. Good riddance to her and now wheedle our the rest of them.

Someone (49?) posted that she is a leaver on one of these threads yet a photo on another shows her walking 3 abreast talking to Hammond who is in the middle.

'Clear as mud????

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

And who the Fcku is Cummings to act like this.

Who elected him - no one.

If I was Javid, I'd be livid too. 

Boris it seems is easily led. A front 'smiler" (can't call him a pretty!) for a gang of power crazy far right loonies who couldn't give a stuff for democracy.

Smart people have smart people working for them.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

As she used to work for Hammond when he was Chancellor before she worked for Javid it is not surprising that there are pictures of her walking and talking to him!

She has held a number of press related roles around Parliament and her boss before she worked for Hammond was Brexiteer Liam Fox, who supports Johnson's proroguing of Parliament.

So one of her last three political bosses was a Remainer and two were Brexiteers; what does that prove?

That It was you & that my mugshot training remain as sharp as ever after all these years ????

(Glad to see you're on form 49!)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, 7by7 said:

You have not provided a single link which contains any evidence that Ms Khan leaked any information to or shared government secrets with anyone.

Let alone anything to justify your absurd, over the top accusation that she is a traitor!

Prove me wrong by providing one now; if you can!

So if it is proven in the weeks to come, that she did in fact pass on government information, that could be helpful to the Bureaucrats in Brussels, who are intent on keeping the U.K shackled to the E.u. 

Would you then agree she is a traitor.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, nontabury said:

So if it is proven in the weeks to come, that she did in fact pass on government information, that could be helpful to the Bureaucrats in Brussels, who are intent on keeping the U.K shackled to the E.u. 

Would you then agree she is a traitor.

Would that information passed on be government secrets?

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

But many Remainers here, including myself, have been accused by the more rabid Brexiteers here of being traitors on numerous occasions; merely because we hold a different view to them and challenge their, often false, assumptions.

Traitors, you got off lightly. Some of the things that they've called me for exactly the same reasons, you wouldn't say in front of your mother.

It's all good in the hood though, as I know full well that they all love me really.

7 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Smart yes, human highly questionable.

Dominic at his most unpleasant (I hope) , no prizes for working out what he really thinks of the large number of poor people among those who voted Brexit.

I’ve heard this same talk from many remainers, regarding those who Democratically voted to leave. And that includes remoaners here on T.V.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1