Tops is now bottom

Orton Rd

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

Is that not an oxymoron?

555 so your about to tell me about some dreadful grass fed beef from Oz or Nz. Perhaps some ridiculous statement about how you eat Kobe beef thrice weekly. 

Maybe some health freak, you'll now go on about hormones or antibiotics.

Best beef pound for pound in the world. 

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

555 so your about to tell me about some dreadful grass fed beef from Oz or Nz. Perhaps some ridiculous statement about how you eat Kobe beef thrice weekly. 

Maybe some health freak, you'll now go on about hormones or antibiotics.

Best beef pound for pound in the world. 

Shure, Australian beef is better than US beef. The best beef in the World is Aberdeen Angus beef produced in Scotland. If you've never eaten an Aberdeen Angus ribeye, you've never lived.

Yes our beef is free of antibiotics and hormones, which is why Europeans refuse to eat the contaminated muck labelled a US beef. Try as he might, Trump will never force us to eat US beef, or your chlorinated chicken or your genetically modified grain. Who wants to eat bread with rat genes in it?

Only in America.

17 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Christ you must be bored. How can anyone let a simple trip to the shops turn into such a drama. 

No wonder they want rid of expats, taking photos of offers... painful stuff.

not bored.....the poster is quite right bringing this to the fore..why should one pay more for a product when the correct price should be charged...???

45 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Aberdeen Angus ribeye

No, never tried. I'm sure it's  excellent. You're eating that 2-3 times a  week? Thought so - b150 a steak right?

I knew the US sniping and the pulling a world class steak out of your ass was coming. Predicted as much.

The Australian beef here is horrendous. The kiwi beef in NZ was okay. Again, grass fed so how good can it be?

Had to get a Trump cheap shot in as well. As if he has anything to do with ranching. That would be Reagan.

Edited by Number 6

I go to Tops at Central Mall almost every day. If something had the wrong price on the receipt I went to the customer service people and got it then for free - even very expensive items.  One time I didn't want to take it for free because it was really expensive. But they told me that this is their policy.

But anyhow - always check your receipt. At some 7-Eleven shops friends of mine found the same item charged two times on their receipt. A mistake? Happened to me recently too. Also that I got the change for only 500 Baht instead for 1000. At Tops I had never such a problem and I mostly pay with 1000 Baht there to get some smaller notes. But not everything is cheap at Tops... So depending on what I need I also go to other shops or local markets. 

I implied this before but it occurs to me I've never encountered an error on a 2 for 1 offer at Tops so it's probably overkill to take pictures of those. Assuming it's not many items to remember you can just check the monitor and/or receipt. But the error rate on standard discounts is significant and it's hard to remember the exact discount so I would suggest snapping those. This isn't nickle and dime stuff. Quite often I "save" 200 to 400 baht on not very large checkout orders. 

had the same problem in Hua Hin. Bought something specifically because it was on sale and I spaced out during check out because I was looking at a beautiful Thai woman walking around the store and did not look at what I was charged until I got home. Full price of course.