Tropical Cyclone Formation Alert WTPN21 Issued at 31/1900Z

NCC1701A

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Thankyou Uncle.

But I can not understand it.

Be bad, very bad or terrible? Or not sure yet? 

Only Issan, (thai news say like that) or more place?

it is too early to tell. it may not arrive at all. if it does it may be very much like the storm we just had. 

• Sad 1

Mabprachan lake that feeds Pattaya it's water could do with a top up, I haven't seen it this low for at least 5 years, but like this last one we will get passed by with some fontok ploy ploy, (many apologies for the spelling, it's sort of phonetic)

Edited by Golden Triangle

9 hours ago, grollies said:

'Bout time we had some rain.

Been not stop rain in Suk for about 3 weeks on & off every day, farmland flooded, drove home from Phichit this afternoon highwinds, road floods, wipers on full and hard to see at 70 kph.

Yesterday, was quite a good day, no rain & managed to wash & dry my undies. :wink:

Big dark clouds came rolling in around 4pm, & it started raining hard from 2am. Still chucking it down now at 05:30. No wind though....

Yet another day that the dawg can't have a walk. ????

• Haha 1

Things here are getting a lot worse, police have blocked the south road into Banphai.

Authorities think the bridge over the river is going to break.

If that happens it will be a disaster.

Many schools closed, buildings being used as emergency shelters.

Had no mains water since friday the main is broke but under water so cannot be repaired.

We are lucky as i can transfer water from my storage tanks to the house tank, many others are struggling water everywhere but none in the pipes.

Edited by colinneil
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Things here are getting a lot worse, police have blocked the south road into Banphai.

Authorities think the bridge over the river is going to break.

If that happens it will be a disaster.

Many schools closed, buildings being used as emergency shelters.

I saw another news report saying that Highway 2 was now reopened. It mentioned about other flooding in the area, but didn't go into so much detail you have done.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Banphi got hammered friday/ saturday, it has rained here all night, still raining.

Just  wont stop, if feel for all the poor people here, many have been sleeping outside on higher ground.

A friend of ours lives in Ban Phai. Sent us photos of her and the family sat on the roof of their house. Looked really bad. We were a bit worried for her but she called us last night and said things were OK now.

Just now, DannyCarlton said:

A friend of ours lives in Ban Phai. Sent us photos of her and the family sat on the roof of their house. Looked really bad. We were a bit worried for her but she called us last night and said things were OK now.

Last night things were ok, but it has been raining heavy since 11 last night, still raining heavy.

Places were the flood was receeding are now flooded again.

Roads impassable, closed by police.

There is about 18 inches of water outside our gate, but we are ok we are 6 feet above road level.

Only thing i am not happy about, i just finished the bread, so no more toast until things calm down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Last night things were ok, but it has been raining heavy since 11 last night, still raining heavy.

Places were the flood was receeding are now flooded again.

Roads impassable, closed by police.

There is about 18 inches of water outside our gate, but we are ok we are 6 feet above road level.

Only thing i am not happy about, i just finished the bread, so no more toast until things calm down.

OK, thanks for the update. Will call her again today. A couple of days ago, the ground floor of her house was flooded.

Good luck with the bread! Just finished the last of mine, Marmite on toast and a large Cappuchino.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Like 2

Just now, bluesofa said:

Ha ha, like your last line!

I'll email you some toast in a minute.

If i posted what is going through my mind regarding that comment, i would get banned.:cheesy:????

You can laugh, but i enjoy 4 slices of toast with my coffee in the morning, this morning only 2 not a happy bunny.

Unable to get out on saturday to go to big C and get my ordered bread, wife tried but road under nearly 3 feet of water.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

At the moment it is off Hainan Island.. not Taiwan..  if you look forward to 10 PM tonight you will see it will be off the coast of north Vietnam and stay there until late on the 3rd..  during this time the tropical depression will cover a large part of NE Thailand.. with heavy rain in areas.. if you look forward to the 4th you will see it is predicted to move back towards Hainan and break up by the 5th.. 

If you zoom out a bit you will see the rain clouds associated with this system are widespread.. yes.. the rain in Banpai is part of this system..

This projection is for Sept 3rd... https://www.ventusky.com/?p=18.3;106.6;5&l=rain-3h&t=20190903/1500

Thanks very much for explaining all that.

I clearly don't know how to read the weather map (apart from getting the island wrong!). I looked at animated part of the map, assuming that would be the area affected. Obviously I was completely wrong.

My hard-of-learning syndrome rearing its head there.

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Thanks very much for explaining all that.

I clearly don't know how to read the weather map (apart from getting the island wrong!). I looked at animated part of the map, assuming that would be the area affected. Obviously I was completely wrong.

My hard-of-learning syndrome rearing its head there.

It is a good site.. if you play with it for awhile I'm sure you will get the hang of it.. the list on the right gives you options like temperature.. wind speed.. precipitation etc.. at the bottom is a slide bar that you can move along to see where the predictions go over the day.. changing the date on the callendar lets you look forward for a few days.. zoom in and out by scrolling.. hold left click to drag anywhere on the planet..  Have fun!  ????

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Bring it on.

Water is desperately needed.

Just been through a 3 week period with no water here in Khon Kaen.

Bring it on, you say crazy, people here their homes under water, some people have lost everything.

One poor 20 year old went to help neighbours and got electrocuted, a life lost helping others.

Banphai under water, 1 bridge in danger of being swept away, many roads closed/ under several feet of water.

Me confined inside the gate, cannot get out, no bread, luckily freezer well stocked, just hope we dont lose the electric, and you say bring it on, pathetic comment.

sorry for the upper case.

FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN 160 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 19.1N 113.0E TO 17.0N 107.0E WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS. AVAILABLE DATA DOES NOT JUSTIFY ISSUANCE OF NUMBERED TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS AT THIS TIME.

the latest projection:

wp9119.gif

Edited by NCC1701A

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Bring it on, you say crazy, people here their homes under water, some people have lost everything.

One poor 20 year old went to help neighbours and got electrocuted, a life lost helping others.

Banphai under water, 1 bridge in danger of being swept away, many roads closed/ under several feet of water.

Me confined inside the gate, cannot get out, no bread, luckily freezer well stocked, just hope we dont lose the electric, and you say bring it on, pathetic comment.

can you send some of the water down to Pattaya col.....hardly seen anything for weeks and it,s still bloody hot......sorry for your plight up there :wai:

• Like 1