TM 30

28 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

Do you not put the condo address on the form they give you on the plane?

It seems my question has been covered with the TM6 posts above.

I always have a hotel booked before I land and write it on the form, but

often wondered if they ever check. I suppose that they could check when 

I leave the country, is whether my reported address matches the TM30 from

the hotel.

They never checks anything when leaving. The departure card is used for reporting you leaving the country. Immigration is happy, you came and left the correct way. No need to look for you. 

6 hours ago, Martyp said:

I’m not sure I understand this idea that a TM6 address is an initial address but not where you actually stay. What percentage of travelers fly into an airport not knowing where they are going to stay that night? Do people just hop into a Tuk Tuk and cruise the streets looking for a hotel?

Many people do, especially younger ones. Or perhaps people who've been disappointed previously that their internet booked accommodation didn't pass muster, or there was an unmentioned construction site next to it etc. In that case they may prefer to just travel to an area of town and check out a few places in person and see what rooms they like before committing to a booking. I've done this many times on regional trips. 

33 minutes ago, berybert said:

Sums up how daft all these forms are.

Given the glaring loopholes in the TM6, TM28, TM30 and TM47, it wouldn't surprise me if the "brains" at immigration weren't trying to see if there's another form they could use to use to add to all of the above. 

1 month ago I relocated from a rented condo in Bangkok to a new address in a rented condo in Pattaya.I filed a new TM30 after arriving at Pattaya.No problem.....

However no mention was made of any requirement to lodge a TM 28 change of address form. So , should I have and do I now need to lodge the TM 28?

We intend to move to a new address at the end of this month. The new landlord has contacted us today to state he wants nothing to do with the TM30 registration. He will not supply any documents as the owner with the exception of the rental agreement.

Are we able to register ourselves without documentation from him?   

44 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Many people do, especially younger ones. Or perhaps people who've been disappointed previously that their internet booked accommodation didn't pass muster, or there was an unmentioned construction site next to it etc. In that case they may prefer to just travel to an area of town and check out a few places in person and see what rooms they like before committing to a booking. I've done this many times on regional trips. 

Many expats stays 1 or 2 nights in BKK when coming back from abroad. They usually know where they are staying. If you are a tourist and will travel around in Thailand, writing " Travelling around" on the TM6 works. It even works on the TR Visa application in your home country. I did it every time before I settled down here. Not one raised eyebrow. Immigration knows that tourists are travelling. 

46 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Given the glaring loopholes in the TM6, TM28, TM30 and TM47, it wouldn't surprise me if the "brains" at immigration weren't trying to see if there's another form they could use to use to add to all of the above. 

There's no loopholes in the TM6 and TM47. The address on the TM6 has nothing to do with the TM28 and  TM30, and the TM47 is just supposed to be submitted when doing the first 90 days report. Never again at the same Immigration office. When doing the next report you just hand over the passport with the slip inside. The IO removes the old one and staples the new one inside your passport. DONE

The only problem with the TM28 vs TM30 is that people and sometimes even ignorant IO's doesn't have a clue when to use the TM28 the correct way. It's supposed to be used when you change address more permanently, for example when moving to another province. Then the TM30 also has to be submitted. Now you can start doing 90 days reports and extensions at the new Immigration office. The most annoying thing is when people staying in BKK and in those provinces where they (someone) have to submit the TM30 every time they're coming back home from another provinces. This became a long explanation but it's the way it's supposed to work. I never have to submit any of these forms while staying at the same address in Thailand,only when/if I'm leaving the country and coming back. 

48 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

We intend to move to a new address at the end of this month. The new landlord has contacted us today to state he wants nothing to do with the TM30 registration. He will not supply any documents as the owner with the exception of the rental agreement.

You will get many different replies. It depends where you're staying,in what province. Many will say you can't do it yourself. In my local Immigration office, I can self report.

They see it this way: The rental contract is in my name, hence I'm the possessor of the condo.

I fill in the TM30 form as the possessor,and then report myself as the guest. It worked like a charm when I arrived to my new condo and when I changed condo later.

1 hour ago, fondue zoo said:

If you are living in Bangkok you can self file with your rental contract.

1 minute ago, Martyp said:

17 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I fill in the TM30 form as the possessor,and then report myself as the guest. It worked like a charm when I arrived to my new condo and when I changed condo later.

Thank you.

We will be filing at CW as we live in Bangkok or thereabouts. We registered for logins to the online service a few weeks back but have not yet received a reply. I'm guessing that the online option won't be usable due to our lack of required documents for upload.

19 minutes ago, Martyp said:

There has been reports from CW immigration about both yes and no. But maybe they realized that they have to allow it. In March they refused to accept self reports. There were many posts about it. 

59 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

There's no loopholes in the TM6 and TM47. The address on the TM6 has nothing to do with the TM28 and  TM30, and the TM47 is just supposed to be submitted when doing the first 90 days report.

The loopholes I'm referring to mean that none of the above provide a reliable guarantee that the individual will be staying at any of the addresses provided. TM6 and TM47 ask for written address only without documentation, and TM30 depends on all reports being up to date. In cases where the landlord or hotel doesn't file one, the current address might not be on record at all if it wasn't given on the TM6 at entry. 

On 9/3/2019 at 6:17 PM, berybert said:

The TM28 is for reporting a permanent address change.

Going on holiday for a weekend and then back to your home address isn't a permanent change of address.

If you have no idea what you are talking about, please don't.

I do because this is what the immigration call center told me. That was the example she used also. @berybert If you have read prior, you will have seen that I noted I called them to clear things up, before posting that. So yes, you need to do the TM28 if you go out of the province for more than 24 hours.

On 9/3/2019 at 8:20 PM, Max69xl said:

You have to submit the TM30 at CW immigration in BKK both when coming back to Thailand and when coming back after leaving the province. 

After calling immigration's call center. I was told when exiting the country, yes a TM30 is needed. However, for leaving the province and coming back, you need the TM28.

On 9/3/2019 at 8:33 PM, Max69xl said:

The address on the TM6 is more of an initial address. It doesn't have to be the address where you will stay.

You have to submit the TM30 at CW.

Yes, you are right about needing to a TM30. However, have you read prior posts in this thread? You, don't have to answer that one...

On 9/3/2019 at 8:49 PM, Max69xl said:

Good luck with submitting the TM28 to the local policestation. Most policemen doesn't have a clue about the TM28. And the TM30 never goes to the police.

Disregard reading much?

On 9/3/2019 at 9:11 PM, Max69xl said:

You are leaving the country every 89-90 days and never do any 90 days reports? If so, you don't have to bother. Relax.

Who is talking about 90 day reports? Not me..Oh and you do in fact need to do a TM30, for the case previously mentioned to which you replied to.. Once again, disregard reading much?

Edited by Solinvictus

1 hour ago, Solinvictus said:

I do because this is what the immigration call center told me. That was the example she used also. @berybert If you have read prior, you will have seen that I noted I called them to clear things up, before posting that. So yes, you need to do the TM28 if you go out of the province for more than 24 hours.

OK well it will be interesting to see how you get on next time you go out of the province for 24 hours. 

Last time I did that and got back they asked me for a TM30. You can also fill in the TM30 online after a trip within the country. 

I have no idea if you can fill in a TM28 online.

22 minutes ago, berybert said:

OK well it will be interesting to see how you get on next time you go out of the province for 24 hours. 

Last time I did that and got back they asked me for a TM30. You can also fill in the TM30 online after a trip within the country. 

No, you can't. Not yet anyway. 

16 hours ago, berybert said:

You can still only fill in the TM30 online if you are a property owner or have access to the property owner's online account. Tenants cannot do so on their own, correct?

18 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

TM 30 yes, but TM28 is surely not for short trips away from home. 

5 hours ago, wasabi said:

You can still only fill in the TM30 online if you are a property owner or have access to the property owner's online account. Tenants cannot do so on their own, correct?

To be able to register you have to submit copies of the blue housebook and Thai ID-card.

10 hours ago, wasabi said:

No. I am a tenant and I fill in my own. I have my own account to do it.

• Like 2

Just now, wreckingcountry said:

Please will someone clarify! Who is responsible For doing the TM30 the landlord/owner or tenant ! Because I have an owner of a property who says I have to take the documentation to immigration office ! Surely it’s the owner ! Yes?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Ultimately you will pay the fine.... so who do you think should ensure it is done ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wreckingcountry said:

Please will someone clarify! Who is responsible For doing the TM30 the landlord/owner or tenant ! Because I have an owner of a property who says I have to take the documentation to immigration office ! Surely it’s the owner ! Yes?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Officially it's the
owner/housemaster(landlord)/posse
ssor that are responsible for
submitting the TM30. But many
owners or landlords refuses to do it
or maybe they live somewhere else
or are abroad. If the owner signs a proxy you can submit the TM30 yourself. A possessor can also
be the tenant if the rental contract
is in your name. But this depends on which Immigration office you belong to. Several offices are ok with this. You fill in the TM30 form as the possessor and then report yourself as the guest. It has to be done within 24 hours after arrival to your home from abroad. After coming back from another province a new TM30 also has to be submitted (officially), but it depends again on which Immigration office you belong to. At some offices you don't need to do it,but at others you must do it.