Spam Blocking no more

Maybole

For over a year now, I have been systematically blocking any junk mail (including the many duplicates, triplicates or even quadruplicates). Recently my Block facility has stopped working. I select the mails I want to block, select "not spam", scroll down and click on "block". The usual "are you sure you want to block" " and a list of the addresses I have selected appears to which I click OK. Nothing happens.

I am still using Windows 7. Suggestions Please.

MS have changed their blocking system.  In the past when you pressed block it both blocked the address and automatically deleted.  Now it just blocks them, you have to delete manually.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/cant-block-emails/d7be8fc4-8340-42e3-a3db-812f290c4525

Edited by scottiejohn
Link added.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Maybole said:

Please confirm that if I selet and click on block then click OK on the confirmatory message, that when the confirmatory message dissappears, the blocking has been completed ?

Yes.  I have checked on a number of my accounts that the addresses I selected for block are now in my blocked list.

The just delete them if you want rid of them straight away after you have blocked them.  Why MS made this change (with no announcement!) makes no sense.  To me it is counter intuitive. 

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Like 1