What happens with people when they enter Thailand?

Matzzon

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I guess dual pricing may help that argument , from entering a park to a taxi motorbike!

So, that´s what changes people as much as they just moan and feel like they can act and do what they want, and also do not understand how it really looks in the eyes of the genereal population?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Are you bored have some of this

beer.jpg

Who said I was bored? I was asking valid questions based on the daily talk and posts as well as comments in this forum. You choosed to bring one of the factors to the problem into the discussion.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

Prostitutes , is there anything else in Thailand apart from prostitutes ? 

Whats the weather like ? The food ?

Yes, there is much more, and I sincerely hope you know that.

The weather is mostly nice and hot. The food is amazing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, brokenbone said:

its not about the specifics of prostitution,

like the ever important issue of cost,

its that OP wants to proclaim he got the moral high ground.

to whom you might ask ?

i dont think he cares, he just want to proclaim moral high ground

Nope, it´s not. I am posing some questions related to eachother, if you read and understand my start. That is how so many persons can come to Thailand and forget everything they know about values, manors and respect. Indulging in the darks scences, and after that wants some respect regarding rules and regulations as well as the respect of Thai people. Who will respect people who do not respect themselfs?

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

You...obviously occupying some mystical higher moral ground...take it upon yourself to pass judgement and lecture people you do not know...good show ole man!   ????

Please do report back after someone knocks you off your high-horse...????

Read above. There is nothing about high moral ground. Just about ordinary and natural things like giving and showing respect for a country and it´s population to get respect in return.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, madmen said:

Which one are you? 

If I can choose, I would be the stupid one. The one that actually stays and look at all this madness happening everyday and still reading about all the distorted information. On the other hand, there are so many good thing weighing up against all the bad.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Seems to me most of this "behaviour and attitude" is rooted in the well known tourist paths. Get out of that area and the story is very different.

Thailand is so much much than a few square kilometers of bars and hookers. If you also consider how badly many visitors behave, the 4 week millionaire's, it no wonder the Thais have such a bad impression of foreigners in those same areas, again different story in rural Thailand.

You are right. Unfortunately there are also big expat communities in those areas, that are showing all the signs I have tried to point out, which also contribute to how the Thais look at foreigners. Not saying that all expats are included, but there are apearently enough many to create a kind of stamp.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3