Jomtien Immigration residency cert

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

A couple hours and yes photos there. I think 6 for 150. Bring the correct docs and hopefully your TM30 has been done

Hahahaha, jinxed myself.

According the girl at the front counter when needing a resi cert to buy a car one must also have a copy of the bluebook and bill of sale !!

Not sure how that works but it makes it hard to buy a car.

24 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Hahahaha, jinxed myself.

According the girl at the front counter when needing a resi cert to buy a car one must also have a copy of the bluebook and bill of sale !!

I didn't want to butt in but I also felt obtaining the residence certificate might require more, and the documents one needs dependent on the reason one requires the C.O.R. Using it to open a bank account, need letter from bank, to get a tax number, need letter from revenue dept. I heard the complaints from a group selling and buying a vehicle next to me, being asked for bluebook and some receipt. At the same time as being frustrated myself! Easiest was to say renew driving licence, didn't ask to see licence, although tried to make me pay for 2 C.O.Rs, insisting one is required for each licence.. a blatant lie. 

6 minutes ago, Henryford said:

When i bought a bike recently i needed a copy of the deposit i paid for the bike, not the full sale receipt.

No one is going to buy a car/bike without being sure they will get a res cert afterwards.

Yeah make no sense.. I can already forsee that I get these additional document she will still refuse as Iam in Chonburi and the vehicle is BKK registered.

Just now, jacko45k said:

I didn't want to butt in but I also felt obtaining the residence certificate might require more, and the documents one needs dependent on the reason one requires the C.O.R. Using it to open a bank account, need letter from bank, to get a tax number, need letter from revenue dept. I heard the complaints from a group selling and buying a vehicle next to me, being asked for bluebook and some receipt. At the same time as being frustrated myself! Easiest was to say renew driving licence, didn't ask to see licence, although tried to make me pay for 2 C.O.Rs, insisting one is required for each licence.. a blatant lie. 

Yeah I have no problem complying but it would be nice to know of this before taking the morning off work to do it as these additional document requirement dont seem to be listed on the immigration website.

• Like 1

Yeah I have no problem complying but it would be nice to know of this before taking the morning off work to do it as these additional document requirement dont seem to be listed on the immigration website.
Another stupid thai rule.

You could get a res cert for opening a bank account. Ask at the garage first, say you have it and is it ok, basically they know they will get a sale if they agree to be pragmatic

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Another stupid thai rule.

You could get a res cert for opening a bank account. Ask at the garage first, say you have it and is it ok, basically they know they will get a sale if they agree to be pragmatic

Private sale, not a garage.

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Easiest was to say renew driving licence, didn't ask to see licence, although tried to make me pay for 2 C.O.Rs, insisting one is required for each licence.. a blatant lie. 

Not a blatant lie....at the Land Transport office in Pattaya they want original resident certificates for bike and car and will not accept copies.....some other LT offices may differ of course :thumbsup:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, petermik said:

Not a blatant lie....at the Land Transport office in Pattaya they want original resident certificates for bike and car and will not accept copies.....some other LT offices may differ of course :thumbsup:

Since when? I renewed in Pattaya June18 and one original, one copy was no problem whatsoever. So it was  blatant lie then to me!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Yeah make no sense.. I can already forsee that I get these additional document she will still refuse as Iam in Chonburi and the vehicle is BKK registered.

If your selling to another farang living in Chonburi the car will have to get new Chonburi plates (his problem not yours and quite simple really) if its to a thai person they are allowed to drive on out of province plates.

They changed the law a couple of years back and I fell foul of it at the time :whistling:

Since when? I renewed in Pattaya June18 and one original, one copy was no problem whatsoever. So it was  blatant lie then to me!

lucky for you jacko.....a couple of years ago I had to return to Jomtien to get another original....the rules change with every official you see :whistling:

1 minute ago, petermik said:

lucky for you jacko.....a couple of years ago I had to return to Jomtien to get another original....the rules change with every official you see :whistling:

Sometimes they just get a kick out of screwing with you. The lady did have her fun, she had already sent me off to get a copy of something else that I never believed was required, and when I returned with it, told me to come back in the afternoon, as the morning 'run' was now full. I had been standing outside since 7 am. Perhaps she worried I might get postal if asked to get another original C.O.R!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, petermik said:

If your selling to another farang living in Chonburi the car will have to get new Chonburi plates (his problem not yours and quite simple really) if its to a thai person they are allowed to drive on out of province plates.

They changed the law a couple of years back and I fell foul of it at the time :whistling:

Iam aware of the law change.

Iam the buyer not the seller, its going to suck for me buying the BKK registered car and thn having immigration not issueing the resi cert so that I can sort the book out into my name and change provinces.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

A couple hours and yes photos there. I think 6 for 150. Bring the correct docs and hopefully your TM30 has been done

depends on what time of day...if late in day then have to go back and get the cert..

Cost me 365 baht all together in Feb this year.....

I went early afternoon and got mine same with in about an hour....

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Iam aware of the law change.

Iam the buyer not the seller, its going to suck for me buying the BKK registered car and thn having immigration not issueing the resi cert so that I can sort the book out into my name and change provinces.

That is still necessary? I did it some decade ago and had to find some place in Chonburi City, going there two times, it couldn't be done at the Pattaya Hwy 36 place. I actually thought that requirement had been superseded, and one could carry on with the out of province plates.

If only for Thais, next vehicle might be in the Mrs name.... 

That is still necessary? I did it some decade ago and had to find some place in Chonburi City, going there two times, it couldn't be done at the Pattaya Hwy 36 place. I actually thought that requirement had been superseded, and one could carry on with the out of province plates.

Yes I did it last year.....if I,d have put the car in the missus,s name then I could have kept the BKK plates.....nope sorry I paid around 4,000 baht to one of the "agents" across the road to do it all for me.

Previous to that 3 years ago I bought an earlier car from a farang dealer in Patts and went together to Chonburi DLT and did it ourselves (two trips)....he still wanted "commission" also :whistling:

• Thanks 1

Not a blatant lie....at the Land Transport office in Pattaya they want original resident certificates for bike and car and will not accept copies.....some other LT offices may differ of course [emoji106]
Not correct. I was there in March, one original and one copy just fine. Immigration lied to you

26 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Sometimes they just get a kick out of screwing with you. The lady did have her fun, she had already sent me off to get a copy of something else that I never believed was required, and when I returned with it, told me to come back in the afternoon, as the morning 'run' was now full. I had been standing outside since 7 am. Perhaps she worried I might get postal if asked to get another original C.O.R!

Rent a really nice looking lady for an hour or so. Bring her to a really nice looking (expensive) house and take a selfie with her outside the house.

Show the photo to the IO lady, and tell her that she's very ugly and can never achieve what you have. Should teach her a lesson....:tongue:

25 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I dont have a Bangkok address so has to be changed to Chonburi.

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
7 hours ago, petermik said:
Not a blatant lie....at the Land Transport office in Pattaya they want original resident certificates for bike and car and will not accept copies.....some other LT offices may differ of course emoji106.png

Not correct. I was there in March, one original and one copy just fine. Immigration lied to you

If you had have read my previous replies you would have had no need to make the above comment....whatever happens here one day does not necessarily mean it will be repeated the following day...we are in Thailand after all :whistling:

4 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Hahahaha, jinxed myself.

Bluebook is the house book , theirs I assume as we cant have our name in it. You have to fake the bill of sale as that normally is handed over after purchase. What a mess. Maybe if you go back another day, different girl different rules? Done that with IMO before.

4 minutes ago, legend49 said:

Bluebook is the house book , theirs I assume as we cant have our name in it. You have to fake the bill of sale as that normally is handed over after purchase. What a mess. Maybe if you go back another day, different girl different rules? Done that with IMO before.

A car has a blue book too, light blue. Which are we talking of now?

28 minutes ago, legend49 said:

Going back repeatedly is a pain as I need to take the morning off work, HR dept can sort it if not I'll use an agent.

Just now, scubascuba3 said:
2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:
Going back repeatedly is a pain as I need to take the morning off work, HR dept can sort it if not I'll use an agent.

Manaret in soi 13\2 will get the res cert for you for 500 baht

13\2 in Jomtien or Pattaya ?