Jomtien Immigration residency cert

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

A couple hours and yes photos there. I think 6 for 150. Bring the correct docs and hopefully your TM30 has been done

Took 30 minutes at Jomtien including the photography session - (4 for 150).  They have a sign guaranteeing a 20 minutes turn-round.

5 hours ago, petermik said:

if its to a thai person they are allowed to drive on out of province plates.

They changed the law a couple of years back and I fell foul of it at the time :whistling:

If its a Thai person  they can goto Bangkok (or whatever province the vehicle is currently registered in) and register the name change there.... but if they don't fancy driving halfway across the country then they can do it at their local DLT  but then they will have to move the vehicles province as well..so that means new number plates and 2 (or more if you forget something) trips to the DLT

The problem for foreigners is getting a "certificate of residence" or other proof of where they live..as it ties you to your "home province"  which may not be the province the vehicle is registered in..then the home province DLT dosen't want to deal with it and sends you off halfway across the country again..and so you have to move the vehicles province instead....such an easy and straight forward system ????

This is what I got two weeks ago when I walked in and got a Residential Certificate, my other question was what I need since it has been years since I got one. I was given a small piece of paper as to what is needed.

Residence certificate:

1 copy of passport

(Date page, Departure Card, Arrival Stamp and Visa)

Copy address in Chonburi

****choose one of these choices ****

(Copy of House Registration)

(Copy Contract of Rent)

(Copy of Old Driving License)

(Copy of Hotel Certificate)

2 photo per 1 set ( If more than 1 adds 1 photo

When i bought a bike recently i needed a copy of the deposit i paid for the bike, not the full sale receipt.

No one is going to buy a car/bike without being sure they will get a res cert afterwards.
I did and paid 600 to an agent to transfer the ownership. No messing with stupid residency certificate. Thailand is great because everything can be solved by spending money.

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

47 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

This is what I got two weeks ago when I walked in and got a Residential Certificate, my other question was what I need since it has been years since I got one. I was given a small piece of paper as to what is needed.

Residence certificate:

1 copy of passport

(Date page, Departure Card, Arrival Stamp and Visa)

Copy address in Chonburi

****choose one of these choices ****

(Copy of House Registration)

(Copy Contract of Rent)

(Copy of Old Driving License)

(Copy of Hotel Certificate)

2 photo per 1 set ( If more than 1 adds 1 photo

And if you need the certficate to buy a car also add to the documents required list...Copy of vehicle bluebook and copy of bill of sale.

On 9/3/2019 at 7:03 PM, Don Mega said:

Thanks, yeah TM.30 done.... albeit late but done.

Go to Jomtien Immigration after lunch,it opens 1pm. On a Thursday or Friday, there will be very little people. At the counter ask for the form for Certificate of Residence, fill it in,then ask for a number for desk 9 (to the left,it looks like a kiosk). You don't have to wait many minutes until it's your turn. If you have the signed copies needed, 2 photos (outside imm. to the left) and 300 baht, you will get a number then wait maybe 25-30 min. You go outside to the restaurant 2 o'clock and have a coffee. Go back in and get your certificate. 

Edited by Max69xl

4 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Go to Jomtien Immigration after lunch,it opens 1pm. On a Thursday or Friday, there will be very little people. At the counter ask for the form for Certificate of Residence, fill it in,then ask for a number for desk 9 (to the left,it looks like a kiosk). You don't have to wait many minutes until it's your turn. If you have the signed copies needed, 2 photos (outside imm. to the left) and 300 baht, you will get a number then wait maybe 25-30 min. You go outside to the restaurant 2 o'clock and have a coffee. Go back in and get your certificate. 

Yeah thanks, Iam more of a morning person.

12 hours ago, Don Mega said:

And if you need the certficate to buy a car also add to the documents required list...Copy of vehicle bluebook and copy of bill of sale.

This was the written list given to me at Jomtien, I filed based on this list and wasn't asked as noted.  When you think about it your requirement it is after the fact.  The reason for the required certificate is so you can purchase and have the ownership (bluebook) in your name. 

Does one buy the car get the bill of sale wait 2-3 months later when the blue book comes then go down and ask for a residential certificate? ????

33 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

This was the written list given to me at Jomtien, I filed based on this list and wasn't asked as noted.  When you think about it your requirement it is after the fact.  The reason for the required certificate is so you can purchase and have the ownership (bluebook) in your name. 

Does one buy the car get the bill of sale wait 2-3 months later when the blue book comes then go down and ask for a residential certificate? ????

Its not an unreasonable request as the residency certificate is to change the bluebook, not purchase the car.... Similar to me buying a car in Australia, I pay the owner money and with the rego papers and bill of sale in hand go to the transport dept and have it transferred to my name.

What would be nice though is if they made this requirement known before one gets to immigration with the (known) documents in hand cause it is really annoying and a waste of peoples time to have to leave and gather up these additional documents.

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

What would be nice though is if they made this requirement known before one gets to immigration with the (known) documents in hand cause it is really annoying and a waste of peoples time to have to leave and gather up these additional documents.

Well it would be nice if there was some resource defining things. My out-dated belief of a C.O.R was a paper I requested, and paid for, from immigration, simply confirming I had valid permit to stay status and confirming my address. What I need it for should not worry them. 

On my last 2 visits to get a C.O.R, they most certainly stuck their noses in my business. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Well it would be nice if there was some resource defining things. My out-dated belief of a C.O.R was a paper I requested, and paid for, from immigration, simply confirming I had valid permit to stay status and confirming my address. What I need it for should not worry them. 

On my last 2 visits to get a C.O.R, they most certainly stuck their noses in my business. 

What would be even nicer is if EEC One Stop Sriracha issued work permits with an address on it so I don't have to <deleted> around with this residency certificate malarky.

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

What would be even nicer is if EEC One Stop Sriracha issued work permits with an address on it so I don't have to <deleted> around with this residency certificate malarky.

I am sure people will be along soon to herald the merits of yellow books and pink cards. But personally I do not work here. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I am sure people will be along soon to herald the merits of yellow books and pink cards. But personally I do not work here. 

Are they sufficient for address purposes when buying a vehicle ?

Edited by Don Mega

28 minutes ago, sumrit said:

Yes, the yellow book proves residence, the pink card proves ID. ????

To get a yellow book, I assume that would be organised by my Landlord ?.

Thai driver's licence is also good for ID, which I have so no need for a pink card.

4 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Its not an unreasonable request as the residency certificate is to change the bluebook, not purchase the car.... Similar to me buying a car in Australia, I pay the owner money and with the rego papers and bill of sale in hand go to the transport dept and have it transferred to my name.

A Certificate of Residence can be used for many purposes, and the reason is required when filling in the form. When I did it last time at Jomtien Immigration, I only needed a signed copy of my rental contract, signed copies of necessary pages in the passport, copy of the TM6-card,2 photos and 300 baht. It's just a certified paper showing your address. Some posters are making a big deal about this. It's quite straight forward.

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

A Certificate of Residence can be used for many purposes, and the reason is required when filling in the form. When I did it last time at Jomtien Immigration, I only needed a signed copy of my rental contract, signed copies of necessary pages in the passport, copy of the TM6-card,2 photos and 300 baht. It's just a certified paper showing your address. Some posters are making a big deal about this. It's quite straight forward.

Yeah when I tried yesterday to get one I had the rental agreement/passport/visa/TM.6/TM.30 copies and originals and the 2 pictures (4cm x 6cm) as well as a fat wallet  so I thought I was good to go but the ladies at the counter made a big deal out of the fact I did not have a copy of the blue book nor the bill of sale and refused to give me a number so I could join the queue to lodge my paperwork to obtain this simple document.

What should I have done ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

To get a yellow book, I assume that would be organised by my Landlord ?.

Thai driver's licence is also good for ID, which I have so no need for a pink card.

The pink ID-card is actually a proof of having a yellow housebook, because you can't obtain the ID-card without having a yellow housebook. It's quite simple. In many provinces the pink ID-card are totally useless. In others it works.

3 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The pink ID-card is actually a proof of having a yellow housebook, because you can't obtain the ID-card without having a yellow housebook. It's quite simple. In many provinces the pink ID-card are totally useless. In others it works.

Yeah sounds like a bit of a wank to me so won't be bothering with it.

Yellow book sounds like it could be useful though.

9 hours ago, Don Mega said:

I don't think it is unreasonable.  In all due respect in regards to this topic all I did was provide a list the same list I provided as to what is needed to obtain a residential certificate. I didn't make this list up nor did I ever indicated I was buying a use vehicle!

Three months ago I got a residential certificate because I was buying a NEW vehicle to be placed in my name I filled out the form provided the photos, copy of where I lived, TM6, and copy of my retirement extension waited and got my certificate.

Last month I needed to prepare my renewal Thai driver license (car and motorbike) again filled out the form, passport and photos, copy of TM6, copy retirement extension waited and got my certificate. I don't think it is unreasonable if they ask for additional information it is their system but they didn't and I don't provide anything else freely. I walked into the application process with a Wai and when handed the certificate I leave with a Krup I keep it very simple end of story!

2 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I don't think it is unreasonable.  In all due respect in regards to this topic all I did was provide a list the same list I provided as to what is needed to obtain a residential certificate. I didn't make this list up nor did I ever indicated I was buying a use vehicle!

Three months ago I got a residential certificate because I was buying a NEW vehicle to be placed in my name I filled out the form provided the photos, copy of where I lived, TM6, and copy of my retirement extension waited and got my certificate.

Last month I needed to prepare my renewal Thai driver license (car and motorbike) again filled out the form, passport and photos, copy of TM6, copy retirement extension waited and got my certificate. I don't think it is unreasonable if they ask for additional information it is their system but they didn't and I don't provide anything else freely. I walked into the application process with a Wai and when handed the certificate I leave with a Krup I keep it very simple end of story!

At Jomtien ?

If yes its typical of all immigrations dept to vary requirements on a daily basis.

I got a residency cert today at Sriracha.... no blue book or bill ofsale requirement nor a TM.30.

As for your list... meh.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I agree. I did exactly like you and had my certificate in 30min, including a cup of coffee. I understand Immigration if someone shows up with questionable documents and they need something more to verify the address. 

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

At Jomtien ?

If yes its typical of all immigrations dept to vary requirements on a daily basis.

I got a residency cert today at Sriracha.... no blue book or bill ofsale requirement nor a TM.30.

As for your list... meh.

The documents he mentioned are exactly what Jomtien Immigration officially asks for, and even other offices. They don't ask for a TM30,why would they? If people doesn't know how to find out what documents they need for a Certificate of Residence, then they can't use Google. Several sites online explains everything.

At Jomtien ?

As for your list... meh.

How was the Sriracha office? i hear it's a friendlier office

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The documents he mentioned are exactly what Jomtien Immigration officially asks for, and even other offices. They don't ask for a TM30,why would they? If people doesn't know how to find out what documents they need for a Certificate of Residence, then they can't use Google. Several sites online explains everything.

Well Tuesday gone they (Jomtien) wanted the TM.30 and vehicle blue book and bill of sale.... As the documents required seemingly change daily where on google do I find whats required ?

44 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Well Tuesday gone they (Jomtien) wanted the TM.30 and vehicle blue book and bill of sale.... As the documents required seemingly change daily where on google do I find whats required ?

Jomtien Immigration has a list of documents needed for every form.

The requirements differs a bit depending on the reason for applying for the Certificate of Residence and what kind of documents you have to verify your address. I did my TM30 long time ago and the receipt is stapled inside my passport. 

5 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Jomtien Immigration has a list of documents needed for every form.

The requirements differs a bit depending on the reason for applying for the Certificate of Residence and what kind of documents you have to verify your address. I did my TM30 long time ago and the receipt is stapled inside my passport. 

Where do I find the list of requirements for a residency certificate for the purpose of buying a vehicle ?

I had everything to verify my address so no point arguing that toss any further.

Edited by Don Mega