Linux Open Source

translator

Any guys or galls using linux have recommendations for good uptodate open source project relating to telnet, ssh, socks or anything you feel is a good addon...

I just picked up a project called proxychains you can attach to its brother YAPH. good for use in front of nmap etc. start it before any internet interaction.

check out freshmeat or sourceforge.net

Sorry Translator,

Not really sure what you mean with this thread. Are you asking a question of the forum?

I've thought about getting onboard with a few projects and working on some basic translation stuff. You know, GUI for Kopete etc in Thai.

As I'm not a programmer as such, it makes some of the other things a little too difficult.

hi'

I do use Linux, but I have to say that it's not the right place to discuss about :o

many projects can be found on any develloper's center of the major distributor, or like you said on freshmeat or sourceforge ...

but, if you want to talk about programming, a good idea would be to stick to a Linux users's forum.

I was once following one, but I have to say that it was highly technical ... and someday a bit boaring .. word fight between gnome and kde user, useless to talk about the variations of distributions used, from slackware to debian by redhat ... someday you can loose your way, and some guys are a bit "superior", which doesn't make newbies feeling welcome :D

useless to talk about the command-lines and GUI talks ...

but this doesn't concern techies in Thailand ...

good luck in your search :D

cheers

francois

I disagree with you francois,

any of use are techies in Thailand. This is exactly what we want to talk about. Where better to disucss the impact etc of linux on thai society when you can experience it yourself.

If things start getting too technical just tell us.

By the way; there is nothing to discuss between KDE and Gnome. EVERYONE knows KDE is the best.. :-D

Just turning up the flame for linux.... :D

Read the facts in another thread about M$ and underhanded actions to take away what could have been great for thailands tomorrow...

francois

Its part of life...all around the world people have different ways of expression or passing knowledge to others. I cannot understand why you express "superior" to someone you dont know. Wait for the right people and ignore the flamers.

Internet, computers, software. communication and technology in Thailand

I do use Linux, but I have to say that it's not the right place to discuss about

No :o ------------- Right place to post.. :D

Kde/Gnome user :D

hi'

just read some of my old post about Linux and Unix in general :D

GUI .. I love it ... I began Linux without ot nearly without, just before we could have a snapshot of the first kde .. a few years ago ...

I mean by "superior" guys that would like to tell you that anyway they know better than you ... never met anyone like this online? :o

on some IRC channel it's quite common to meet some of theses "gurus" :D

besides, I thought too, that Linux could be an intereting platform to make something with here ... useless and a waste of time ...

try yourself, goodluck, you'll tell me about in a little time :D

cheers

francois