Want to earn extra cash in Thailand? Here's how

webfact

#1. Who owns the soi dogs so that I can ring about them pooping in the street?

#7. I don't think they have stopped driving them yet if you have a good look at a lot of the vehicles, so if one of these heaps of junk goes out on the road can I claim the money because it is dumped on the road even though it is still moving, what's left of it.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try to follow up on your money ....oh, sorry somebody else already snitched before you ....investigative report years later ....policemen’s wives and daughter were directed to duplicate all incoming reports ...and collect in their name ....500 fines collected each wife and daughter.

There appears to be one 'reportable offence' missing - far be it from me to give details but as a clue, it should involve brown envelopes and people who wear both brown and light brown uniforms.

People who live in glass houses...................

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

#1. Who owns the soi dogs so that I can ring about them pooping in the street?

#7. I don't think they have stopped driving them yet if you have a good look at a lot of the vehicles, so if one of these heaps of junk goes out on the road can I claim the money because it is dumped on the road even though it is still moving, what's left of it.

what would the B I B do IF WE ALL reported helmetless drivers....and no rear number plates.....and illegally undertaking....and more than 2 on a bike and NO MIRRORS on motorbikes...

7 hours ago, Youlike said:

Why not make it 10 new rules...(is 8 a lucky number or so?)

- no driving against traffic

- no dumping binbags/thrash in swamps or along roads.

They could add parking in the reserved handycapped/maternity spaces, by non-handycapped or non-pregnant mothers. 

7 hours ago, watcharacters said:

What do you consider to be a nanny state?

Examples please? 

Any Australian could give you hundreds of examples. Just a couple of the more bizarre ones -

- It’s illegal to use your mobile phone to pay for an order at a drive-through, eg McDonalds

- Australia’s former Prime Minister, Malcolm Turnbull, was fined $250 for not wearing a life jacket while moving an inflatable dinghy 20 metres from the jetty to the beach.

So is it pay on receipt of Fine paid? 

Does the offender know the ID of the reporter?

is it Taxable?

can a Falang without a WP do it? 

What required as PROOF ? 

So there’s a Couple of cones outside a house!! Who can prove who placed them there? 

Would the Reporter have to supply a written sworn and witnessed statement that they saw Mr / Mrs X put them there? Will it need an Identity parade? Maybe the “reporter” put them there to earn a few Baht? Does the “ law” clarify blocking/reserving space at your own property of another’s?? 

Rediculous proposition in a corrupt society with “Laws” written by the equivilent of the IQ of a 5 year old kid. 

1 hour ago, Boombum said:

So is it pay on receipt of Fine paid? 

Does the offender know the ID of the reporter?

is it Taxable?

can a Falang without a WP do it? 

What required as PROOF ? 

So there’s a Couple of cones outside a house!! Who can prove who placed them there? 

Would the Reporter have to supply a written sworn and witnessed statement that they saw Mr / Mrs X put them there? Will it need an Identity parade? Maybe the “reporter” put them there to earn a few Baht? Does the “ law” clarify blocking/reserving space at your own property of another’s?? 

Rediculous proposition in a corrupt society with “Laws” written by the equivilent of the IQ of a 5 year old kid. 

Cones would  have to give a statement and they'll probably be busy on that day.

This is not regulating or over regulation. This is fascist, where neighbours report on neighbours and paid by the gov't for doing so regarding simple transgressions, instead of police doing their job.

It's becoming what the USA started to become in the 1970s.  
An over-regulated nanny-state that I was glad to get away from and never regretted leaving. 

West report serious crimes. Not that someone is changing car battery while parked in the street.

Thais are generally so selfish and lack any kind of concept of community responsibility that the only way to get them to take care of their country is with financial motivation. It's a good idea. 

In the west people report crime because it's the right thing to do. If Thais do it because it's profitable, so be it. 

This is a good idea.

22 hours ago, Youlike said:

Why not make it 10 new rules...(is 8 a lucky number or so?)

- no driving against traffic

- no dumping binbags/thrash in swamps or along roads.

Blocking the footpath with M/C for rent would be good too,i could make a fortune. and using the footpath as a workshop OOOH please make me rich. 

I find this a good idea as long as it helps to enforce laws. Thailand has many good laws but many are not enforced. And if this helps to change this why not. Yesterday I met a farang and he was very much complaining that the police asks for fees if you smoke on the beach or drive without lisence. I simply said "Just don't do it"...

Archived