TM-30 all done in 10 minutes.

1 hour ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Your post must be sarcasm I suppose otherwise what part of "Crazy though.....that I lived in the same house for the last 5 yrs and returned to the same house" and "After 24 hrs of travel, the last thing I felt like doing the next morning was going to Immigration." did you not understand?!

Felt like doing, or not felt like doing is irrelevant. He did it, and it worked fine. That´s the important thing that you and many more must learn and accept. No it was not sarcasm

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 7

2 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Most people probably don't have a problem with the TM30? You're on every TM30 thread. Have you actually been reading them? Jesus wept. 

Yes, I have been reading them. Mostly the same people there to that constantly complain. You know, thta small percentual number that is insignificant in the big picture.

Now the problem is soo well know and almost nobody is unaware of TM and have been able to read about the reform-thailand petition. Still is we only consider the western expats in Thailand that is about 150 000 then they not even have 5% signed. That tells you how the situation is.

if you then also take all the chinese into the calculation, then you are going to cry about how really small and insignificant number the percentage went down to.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Read his posts on the TM30 subject. He's either a troll or he has way too much time on his hands and the TM30 has given his life a sense of purpose. 

Appearently your life is saved too, due to that you are always available for a response, right?

21 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Of course that's the problem. A week ago, I went to Chaengwattana to complete the TM 30. Done in 30 seconds after I waited in line for about an hour. That was sort of okay. But not the 40 km drive to Chaengwattana and 40 km drive back. Especially the last 4 km on Chaengwattana itself, which took me one and a half hours. Taxi to Chaengwattana was 500 baht. Taxi back home was 350. Not so damn easy, is it?

Yes I think most of the person who have to go to Chaeng Wattana understand you 100%.

So now I am happy, that I only have to go there for the extensions only.

TM30, TM90 can be done online which makes my life easier again.

• Thanks 1

Even two years ago, I had the same experience at CM upon my return..they let me play through, because I had done it before.  The room was full of very unhappy first timers, who were facing delays in the often day long, or even multi day extension process at CM.  Glad I left that rat hole.

1 minute ago, sniggie said:

Yes. I could have posted the same when I first did one on my return to Thailand in April. As a condo owner it took only a few minutes at Jomtien immigration. BUT I live within a 10 minute walk from Soi 5. Many people live many kilometres from their immigration office. I can cope with a 10 minute walk even with jetlag but I certainly wouldn't want a 100km round trip and a wasted morning on my first day back in Thailand.

In many cases it's not hard but it's bloody inconvenient.

most people can find their local Post office

1 minute ago, sniggie said:

Yes. I could have posted the same when I first did one on my return to Thailand in April. As a condo owner it took only a few minutes at Jomtien immigration. BUT I live within a 10 minute walk from Soi 5. Many people live many kilometres from their immigration office. I can cope with a 10 minute walk even with jetlag but I certainly wouldn't want a 100km round trip and a wasted morning on my first day back in Thailand.

In many cases it's not hard but it's bloody inconvenient.

Those many people van do it on-line or through an app...

15 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Our local Immigration Office process in 10 minutes too.....just a shame that wifey has an 80 km round trip to get there because they won't allow postal reporting and she has been waiting since May for a username and password for the online TM30.

Unfortunately that poster only looks at stuff from his perspective...Sadly..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zydeco said:

Of course that's the problem. A week ago, I went to Chaengwattana to complete the TM 30. Done in 30 seconds after I waited in line for about an hour. That was sort of okay. But not the 40 km drive to Chaengwattana and 40 km drive back. Especially the last 4 km on Chaengwattana itself, which took me one and a half hours. Taxi to Chaengwattana was 500 baht. Taxi back home was 350. Not so damn easy, is it?

If you get to CW about 11am you will get out about 8pm for filing TM30. 

• Like 2