TM-30 all done in 10 minutes.

11 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

When you fly back into the country you have to fill in a TM6 which you hand to the immigration officer they record it then rip a piece off and staple it to your passport the TM6 has your address on it so why the need to then make a trip to your IO to fill in a TM 30 as you have already given them your address on your TM6 that to me is crazy .

That craziness has been tried to be explained to you know who, but they would rather pay staff they don't need just to rubber stamp useless bits of A4....

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

So would you like to state for the record and confirm with a simple yes or no:

You think that most people don't mind doing the TM30? 

It´s a little bit harder and more complicated than that, as I understood everything was just black or white for you. That reflects all you state here so clearly.

However, I do not think people just do it and like it. But, I know for a fact that there are more people doing it and not moaning about it, than it is people having a daily problem with this small issue. That based on percentage of complainers that are much smaller than you wish to believe. Keep together now, so you not feel lonely, because nothing is going to change. If you people complain a little bit more, maybe they give you a little bit more headache instead. You would like that, wouldn´t you?

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Nice! Well done, sir! I really love a story where somebody not have any problems with TM30. See, all other folks out there. It wasn´t so hard. 

It has nothing to do with it being hard or not... it is the principle of doing it. Jeez!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

It´s a little bit harder and more complicated than that, as I understood everything was just black or white for you. That reflects all you state here so clearly.

However, I do not think people just do it and like it. But, I know for a fact that there are more people doing it and not moaning about it, than it is people having a daily problem with this small issue. That based on percentage of complainers that are much smaller than you wish to believe. Keep together now, so you not feel lonely, because nothing is going to change. If you people complain a little bit more, maybe they give you a little bit more headache instead. You would like that, wouldn´t you?

You said most foreigners probably don't mind doing the TM30. Do you still stand by this comment - yes or no? That part is black and white and very simple. So?

Just now, rkidlad said:

You said most foreigners probably don't mind doing the TM30. Do you still stand by this comment - yes or no? That part is black and white and very simple. So?

I'd be interested in knowing the statistics of nights-away-from-home-by-expats. I did a quick survey of my friends - sample size = 10.  We all live in Bangkok. Only one of them admitted to having stayed away from his usual place of residence in the last 12 months, and that was when he went to stay with a friend in Pattaya for 10 days (his presence there certainly wasn't registered)

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

I had the issue i was waiting weeks to get the username and password. I re-registered again and got the username and password 10 minutes later, how odd. I've downloaded the app onto my phone and i must say its as easy as pie to do. 

How did you re-register? Because when I tried it said my address was already in the system...

Someone else today mentioned they got the password and username within hours of registering (for CW) so it seems they are processing new registrations faster than old ones which are apparently being forgotten.

Edited by sussex
added extra info
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Nice! Well done, sir! I really love a story where somebody not have any problems with TM30. See, all other folks out there. It wasn´t so hard. 

Always been saying that. Jomtien will give you a new TM 30 acknowledgement slip after an international trip. Last time I went I was in/out 10 minutes too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

I'd be interested in knowing the statistics of nights-away-from-home-by-expats. I did a quick survey of my friends - sample size = 10.  We all live in Bangkok. Only one of them admitted to having stayed away from his usual place of residence in the last 12 months, and that was when he went to stay with a friend in Pattaya for 10 days (his presence there certainly wasn't registered)

I know plenty of expats who go away most weekends. If you're into running or cycling, for example, there are races all over the country, or nicer places to run/bike than Bangkok.

• Like 1

Not so great if you just spend one night in another province and then have to do a 50km plus round trip to immigration even if you are lucky enough to be seen  quickly.  Hopefully the authorities will find that it is not always necessary!

Edited by Dellboy218
  • Like 1

The only issue is if you DO NOT live in Bangkok, and you stay in a hotel overnight, then drive or fly to your home city, such as Khon Kaen.    With the hotel submitting a Form 30, your 'house mater' has to go to IMM to submit one showing you are now at another address even though you are in her Yellow Book.  At least Khon Kaen is not busy, and my wife can go to the window at IMM for Form 30's submit a new one and she are out of there in 2 minutes or less.

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, I do, due to that there are about 150 000 western foreigners living in Thailand, and the petition website only got a measly 6000 votes. What other numbers can you and your big mouth present. Gimme some facts now, or at least something that in some way can prove your point arguing against be. Otherwise you are free to end it. And don´t say the moaning few on TV that are opening five new TM30 threads a day, just because they are to lazy to search for their answer.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, I do, due to that there are about 150 000 western foreigners living in Thailand, and the petition website only got a measly 6000 votes. What other numbers can you and your big mouth present. Gimme some facts now, or at least something that in some way can prove your point arguing against be. Otherwise you are free to end it. And don´t say the moaning few on TV that are opening five new TM30 threads a day, just because they are to lazy to search for their answer.

A simple yes will suffice. Not reading any of the rest of that. So you think most foreigners don’t mind doing the TM30. Good to know. The rest of us can continue to partake in an honest conversation while you champion the TM30. 

Edited by rkidlad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gumballl said:

It has nothing to do with it being hard or not... it is the principle of doing it. Jeez!

And how does your principle have any bearing in Thailand and in front of Thai authorities. If you have those priciples, then I wish you good luck.

Would you say same to a police officer that catch you driving without helmet? Oh, sir! Yesterday I saw 500 people driving on this road but they were not fined. So, I don´t care about you fining me today. 

Your priciples you can leave in your home country. You are not there now. This is Thailand, and you have to go by their rules. Otherwise you just don´t fit in and not going to make it long thime more. At the same time, just make it harder for others.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

And how does your principle have any bearing in Thailand and in front of Thai authorities. If you have those priciples, then I wish you good luck.

Would you say same to a police officer that catch you driving without helmet? Oh, sir! Yesterday I saw 500 people driving on this road but they were not fined. So, I don´t care about you fining me today. 

Your priciples you can leave in your home country. You are not there now. This is Thailand, and you have to go by their rules. Otherwise you just don´t fit in and not going to make it long thime more. At the same time, just make it harder for others.

Oh, the irony of saying most foreigners don’t mind the TM30 while taking time out to reply to the many users who do. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Oh, the irony of saying most foreigners don’t mind the TM30 while taking time out to reply to the many users who do. 

If you check, I am replying to the same persons in all threads. Maybe can be a total of 20-30. Oh, dear! They are many now. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

You know, maybe I am wrong. It can be as much as 100 or even 200 persons. Still Nothing!

Edited by Matzzon
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Really??? :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Out of 150 000 westerners living in Thailand? And even more chinese. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Go to this post which was just added today and tell me how many comments were in anyway indicative of people who don’t mind doing the TM30. 

And remember, you can’t lie. The proof is in the thread. 

Interesting answer Captain 776 , it would means that people like me do not need to bother the owner of the house,  being not sure having an answer in due time, I do not care to go myself to immigration if it is possible, 20 minutes by car or motorbike. 

People do not like doing the extension of stay, nor the 90 day report and now they hate the tm30, the greatest threat to mankind as we know. I do not have to like any of these forms and the activity that revoles around them but I accept them as part of the process I agreed to moving to Thailand.

I just returned from the "Town Meeting" with the new US Consul General in Chiang Mai, Sean K. O'Niell. Concerns voiced by Americans in attendance were potential required medical insurance coverage for retirees, retirement income requirements and fluctuating USD currency weakening against the Thai baht, the onerous TM30 reporting requirements for long-stay permanent residents, the US administration threatened withdrawal from international mail delivery agreements. Many things for the new Consul General in Chiang Mai to address. The figures were stated as 17,000 Americans are serviced by the Chiang Mai Consulate and about 75,000 Americans in Thailand in total. It was pointed out by one American attendee that he found Malaysia much more welcoming to retirees. I will add that we were told the PM has discussed the TM30 issue with immigration in a meeting two days ago.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Again, you seem to struggle with the concept that not everyone is in the same boat. Also, most importantly, it's a regressive and degrading law that should in no way, shape or form ever be celebrated or looked at fondly.

Go out and get a hobby. 

Don't bother with him. I suspect he might be linked to the authorities in some way. In fact, he appears to have insider knowledge as he wrote "I know for a fact that there are more people doing it and not moaning about it, than it is people having a daily problem with this small issue". So definitely reads like a government-connected troll. Or he grew up in a country where his every movement was tracked and he's used to it and thinks it's normal.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1