TM-30 all done in 10 minutes.

10 hours ago, TSF said:

and you already filled in the arrival card with your same address.

Yes, funny isn't it. But I'm not sure they use that info. Last time I came into the country the IO looked at my marriage visa and asked why I was there, and asked me where I was staying even though I had written it on the arrival form. I think they just get us to fill it in for fun but never use it. He certainly didn't understand my visa or what I had written. He also looked slowly through every page of my passport, even the empty ones. Maybe he was on something. Who knows?

Then last night a friend arrived into the country from NZ and he told me the IO sniffed his passport. This place gets stranger by the day.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

30 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Hmmm, yes and I do not mind reconfirming my address upon re-entering the Kingdom. I do oppose having to report when returning to my already recorded address after each 24 hour absence out of the province. Yes, one issue is the reporting but for some, myself included, the requirement to be monitored so closely is abhorrent.

Yeah, I totally understand you. One country can´t fit all. Everyone has different values in life.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Go to this post which was just added today and tell me how many comments were in anyway indicative of people who don’t mind doing the TM30. 

And remember, you can’t lie. The proof is in the thread. 

Seriosly!? ??? Why do I have to go there. When you quoted with the link it stands it was 69 under. Now it might be 150 or 250. I really do not care. Because tomorrow it will be 3-5 more threads with the same close and tight little bunch of complainers. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, dcnx said:

I remember when I got out of prison and had to inform my parole officer any time I left the city. That was easy too. 

It’s great to see Thailand treating everyone like ex-cons. Even better to know it’s an easy process for 4 or 5 of you who obviously have nothing better to do.

Working 12 hours a day 5 days a week Ive certainly got better things to do than deal with trivial immigration <deleted> but luckily this TM.30 takes only a few moments to do online so in the grand scheme of things it really is not a bother.

Getting screwed around at immigration for a residency certificate because some dopey idiot thought it was a good idea to no longer put an address in the work permits really pisses me off though.

Edited by Don Mega

7 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Most people probably don't have a problem with the TM30? You're on every TM30 thread. Have you actually been reading them? Jesus wept. 

I dont think he has read anything because he would soon realise that every IO is different.  Some wont accept online, some wont accept post, some police stations want nothing to do with it and therefore some people have to travel hours to their IO to lodge the TM30.

If all else fails, read others before you post.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Don't bother with him. I suspect he might be linked to the authorities in some way. In fact, he appears to have insider knowledge as he wrote "I know for a fact that there are more people doing it and not moaning about it, than it is people having a daily problem with this small issue". So definitely reads like a government-connected troll. Or he grew up in a country where his every movement was tracked and he's used to it and thinks it's normal.

Yes, and the facts was in 6000 votes on the petition out of 150 000 western foreigners. Not connected to the government. And if I was that, then I am considered to be a troll just for not living up to your filosophy. Fantastic. You get better and better.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Gumballl said:

I can see you will be the first volunteer to enter a concentration camp should the Thai authorities deem this to be a better solution than the TM30 scheme. With all foreigners in one camp, it should be easier to locate them.

Do you see where you are oging. Now you go so far so that you start to relate TM30 filing to concentration camp. That´s exactly what I am trying to post. Making a skyscraper out of a one storey shop house. Never said that I like TM30. Just that you moaners just make it bigger than it has to be. As you just delivered proof on.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Yes.

And if you work in a regional role you will travel every week.

So combined - easily 5 trips every month.  

I think that's why the Business Chambers are getting involved too.

And the end result will be to exempt those with a work permit only.

This post was not meant to be sarcastic......just letting others know its not as big a problem as it is portrayed to be.

I view the TM 30 as an annoyance just like many of you do.

Doing one just for going to another Province is crazy.

Now the Arrival Card has changed and they keep the part with your address and only give you the small Departure portion.

I have lived here 14 yrs, I have no problem giving them my address and we confirm it every 90 days on the TM 47.

Like I said in my original post, having to do one for returning to the same address they already have info for......needs to be fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TSF said:

and you already filled in the arrival card with your same address.

The Airport Data Base is not linked to the local Immigration Offices as I was informed at Jomtien when I told them I had already submitted my address on my Arrival Card.

TBH if they inputted everyone’s address at Immigration in the Airport we would be there forever.

It's not the point of doing it in 10 min. I'm in a rather small town close to the border, so I can literally walk over, and rarely any people inside.

The problem is rather that I have to bother my 72 year old landlady with all this BS, I just don't feel comfortable with it. 

Oh, by now everyone should know that every single immigration office applies their own set of rules, and that can even vary with what person you're dealing. So I have to supply the whole load of paperwork every single time.

Well to say the least none essential travel is suspended. Everything else, usually involves border crossings, I try now to schedule on either Friday returns or weekends, so to buy some time until Monday. 

Just imagine the trouble of starting an inkjet printer after 6 months out of country. 

"Flew back in Weds night, went to Chiang Mai Immigration.

Was in and out in 10 minutes."

So, I don't get it. You would rather go to immigration, and don't kid me, it took you longer than 10 minutes including travel, rather than chilling out with a Captain Morgan on ice watching some good Thai soaps with your wife.

I have to travel 1 hour+ to do the TM30... I rather have Captain on ice to relax after a long trip.

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Seriosly!? ??? Why do I have to go there. When you quoted with the link it stands it was 69 under. Now it might be 150 or 250. I really do not care. Because tomorrow it will be 3-5 more threads with the same close and tight little bunch of complainers. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I see you’re getting on famously with so many members on this thread (and all the other threads you’re on that are about the TM30). Maybe I’m not too good at reading, but all the people replying to you don’t seem like they don’t mind doing the TM30. Quite the opposite actually. They seem quite hostile to your glibness. 

Edited by rkidlad
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I see you’re getting on famously with so many members on this thread (and all the other threads you’re on that are about the TM30). Maybe I’m not too good at reading, but all the people replying to you don’t seem like they don’t mind doing the TM30. Quite the opposite actually. They seem quite hostile to your glibness. 

Again rkidlad, how many are they really? Are they 45? 105? 250? Not even 6000-10000 will do any difference. When are you people going to get it? TM30 is here, and you are going to be forced to do it, or leave the country if you continue to make stupid choices and stupid refusals. When is it going to sink in?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Benbkk26 said:

I never heard of a petition and I didn't hear about the TM30 until a friend told me 2 weeks ago. Since then I have flown over seas twice and I have to report that I live in the house that I own, because I am my own landlord....mad! It's like North Korea. 

And you have been staying in Thailand for how long? If more than 6 month it must have been in a cave, without Internet, TV, media and no friends. Another option is that you just not read or listen to anything.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Again rkidlad, how many are they really? Are they 45? 105? 250? Not even 6000-10000 will do any difference. When are you people going to get it? TM30 is here, and you are going to be forced to do it, or leave the country if you continue to make stupid choices and stupid refusals. When is it going to sink in?

It won’t sink in. Foreigners and foreign businesses, etc, will keep kicking up a stink and the TM30 will quietly disappear. That’s how complaining works when enough people point out how stupid something is. 

As for the part of your comment, “you people”, we’re in the minority, right? Most people don’t mind doing the TM30 (your words). So even if my theory of enough people complaining holds water, you have nothing to worry about. We’re just a minority. You don’t have to worry about the TM30 being s*** canned and you losing face. 

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

And you have been staying in Thailand for how long? If more than 6 month it must have been in a cave, without Internet, TV, media and no friends. Another option is that you just not read or listen to anything.

Talking to more foreigners who don’t mind doing the TM30?

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, and the facts was in 6000 votes on the petition out of 150 000 western foreigners. Not connected to the government. And if I was that, then I am considered to be a troll just for not living up to your filosophy. Fantastic. You get better and better.

If this was a free society and there would be no negative consequences I am sure every western expat who knew about it, would have signed the petition.  You seem to be totally forgetting we live in a place where you can be jailed for clicking like on FB.

• Like 2

Talking to more foreigners who don’t mind doing the TM30?

Yes, that was the most important of them all. It was number 101. A really striking number that will give you an enormuos force to be reckoned with. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

It won’t sink in. Foreigners and foreign businesses, etc, will keep kicking up a stink and the TM30 will quietly disappear. That’s how complaining works when enough people point out how stupid something is. 

As for the part of your comment, “you people”, we’re in the minority, right? Most people don’t mind doing the TM30 (your words). So even if my theory of enough people complaining holds water, you have nothing to worry about. We’re just a minority. You don’t have to worry about the TM30 being s*** canned and you losing face. 

Yes, when enough people do, but that´s not going to happen. Right? :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Ok, and your link yu sent me before is up to how much? Maybe 100-110. Yeah, you know the same people that comlained on the last thread. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

No change is coming. Weap ok. Stay and be quiet ok. Leave the country ok. Thailand will not care. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, that was the most important of them all. It was number 101. A really striking number that will give you an enormuos force to be reckoned with. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Yes, when enough people do, but that´s not going to happen. Right? :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Ok, and your link yu sent me before is up to how much? Maybe 100-110. Yeah, you know the same people that comlained on the last thread. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

No change is coming. Weap ok. Stay and be quiet ok. Leave the country ok. Thailand will not care. 

Immigration, is that you? 

I’ll stay and be loud. I encourage everyone else to be loud. Keep pointing out how stupid the TM30 is. Keep pointing out that foreigners are not okay with it. Keep doing it and the TM30 will be gone. 

Don’t worry, though, I’m in the minority. No need to tell me to be quiet. Stifling any forms of freedom of speech is what scared people do. But fear not, my voice is small. ‘Most foreigners don’t mind doing the TM30’, right? 

• Like 1