Marriage Visa Renewal

One year ago I received a 1 year multiple non-O from Penang, as I did not have the required 400,000 baht in my account.This is due for renewal next month.

I will have the required 400,000 baht about five weeks after my visa is due for renewal on April 8th.

My question is this--Can I go to a border post on April 8th and get a 30 day visa exempt entry; do this for a second time on the 8th of May, come home and await my funds to arrive, then apply in-country for the 1 year marriage visa?

I am concerned that the change of stamp may affect the renewal of my non-O marriage visa.

Sorry if this appears convoluted, but I am grasping at straws here.

Thank you in advance for any advice offered.

What is the 'must enter before' date on your visa? Do you realise that if you enter the day before this date you will be given a full 90 day entry stamp?

Meanwhile, if you DO get a visa exempt stamp or two, you can convert to a non-o by visiting immigration and paying a fee, sorry don't remember the fee, there are a couple of threads on this subject, try a search :o

EDIT Another problem, the 400,000 in the bank route is no longer available for new extension applications, you need to demonstate an income of 40,000 per month (can be offshore) in order to get the extension in country. Otherwise it's off to KL or Singapore for a new visa.

Edited by Crossy

No. And the reason is that you no longer have a 400k bank option. The requirement now is 40k family income. If you and wife income total is at or above that amount you can make application for extension of stay. Otherwise a non immigrant O visa is about the only other option. Penang will not issue you another multi entry but KL might and once your have the bank account 400k Singapore would be an option.

how about .....changing a existing marriagevisa into a non O?

becuase both of the participants dont HAVE a workingpermit,work,tax or whatever.

again...they(he!!!) has more than enough money to get along around here.

and what about pensioners...over 50.....lets say......70 and married to a thai....for years.......she almost 55 (friends of us) needs to go and look for a Job!!!!!!!!!?????

or worstscenariocase........He ??????????????

Whats going on around here?

i can understand that Tax reveneus are involved.......but then again.....

I even wonder if this sort of implimentation is according to international Law.

Its pure discrimination if you impose this sort of meassures to "Old" cases.

but the again i'm not a lawyer.

No. And the reason is that you no longer have a 400k bank option. The requirement now is 40k family income. If you and wife income total is at or above that amount you can make application for extension of stay. Otherwise a non immigrant O visa is about the only other option. Penang will not issue you another multi entry but KL might and once your have the bank account 400k Singapore would be an option.

There is no such thing as a "marriage visa" and what you obtain if you are married is a non immigrant O visa to visit family.

A Thai does not require a work permit so don't know what you are saying when you mention "both don't have".

A 55 year old lady married to a Thai would not need income, or a work permit.

May I suggest you check with the power that be; ie the local Immigration folks. I have heard many many things and read many things here, some turned out to be right on, some dead wrong, however what really matter is what the local Immigration folks want on the day you apply. :o Best of luck!!