L.A. County resident dies of lung illness, fifth U.S. death possibly tied to vaping

rooster59

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1911614

Skip to the Discussion at the end, this is just part of it.

"Alternative causes of respiratory illness may be more likely than vaping, and therefore clinicians should also continue to consider and appropriately assess for such possible causes of illness in patients reporting respiratory and gastrointestinal symptoms and e-cigarette use."

7 minutes ago, BestB said:

Vaping at home is no problem . It is only when you walk around and vape in public . Actual law does not prohibit vaping , but prohibits sales or import of equipment . This is why when people are taken to court because they had a vaping mod is only 500-600 baht . 

Yes you should of course be discreet but as I said , vaping at home is fine.

my health is more important than silly law

Understood. But the 'at risk' areas are either ordering  the stuff by phone or online and the delivery being discovered by Thai Post or physically going to a supplier & transporting it to your home. How do you overcome those risks? (PM me if you don't want to say publicly)

5 minutes ago, khunken said:

Understood. But the 'at risk' areas are either ordering  the stuff by phone or online and the delivery being discovered by Thai Post or physically going to a supplier & transporting it to your home. How do you overcome those risks? (PM me if you don't want to say publicly)

No probs to discuss in public , if you decide to try can pm you shops.

a lot of shops are locally based , so no problems ordering or receiving . 

If ordering from overseas, they all know the score so small orders marked appropriately and no problems with post . Worst case if gets stopped they will ask you to come in, which you do not do and it ends there.????

1 hour ago, tingtongtourist said:

I guess but surely they could use science to get the answer/evidence..if they really wanted to?

Or could be, they dont present scientific proof becos there is none?

People in other countries smoke the hookah pipe many hours and very often and it doesnt seem to have any such scare factor.

I think money, power, and big companies not wanting to share a market.

I am skeptical thinking, since when they ever worried about the peoples health before money?

The evidence is scarce as the technology is new. It has not passed any test of time, but every year, more and more detrimental evidence is discovered... unfortunately (IMO) the definitive answer won’t be available for another decade or so, at least.

we smoked a hooka for awhile, but when we started investigating our assumption that this was better than smoking cigs... well... all the hooka stuff went in the bin and the cigs came out again.

im currently interested in e cig use and health benefits as my partner is on them at the moment, in an effort to quit altogether, which I support.

Edited by jany123