Bangkok Bank Of NY

There is no account to open in NY

It is basically an intermediary bank

If you have a Bangkok Bank account you can use BKB NY to pass funds thru to your Thai account

(after doing test deposit routine etc)

But you never withdraw via NY etc it is just intermediary

PS: Not sure these days how doing test deposits etc work as ACH/IAT formats are changing

But I did just use BKB NY last week to transfer funds to BKB Thailand

Edited by mania
22 minutes ago, mania said:

There is no account to open in NY

It is basically an intermediary bank

If you have a Bangkok Bank account you can use BKB NY to pass funds thru to your Thai account

(after doing test deposit routine etc)

But you never withdraw via NY etc it is just intermediary

PS: Not sure these days how doing test deposits etc work as ACH/IAT formats are changing

But I did just use BKB NY last week to transfer funds to BKB Thailand

Thanks, not using for direct deposit. Just an easy way to transfer money. I'll try a test run.

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Thanks, not using for direct deposit. Just an easy way to transfer money. I'll try a test run.

Yeah works great for that

Instructions & fees here

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Into-Thailand/Transfer-money-from-US-to-Thailand-via-Bangkok-Bank-NewYork-branch

Fees are cheap if your using your US bank online to trans for free then BKB NY ($5 trans up tp $2k or $10 up tp $50k) & BKB Thailand 200-500 baht max

Edited by mania
  • Thanks 1

If you are transferring funds from US Bank to your Bangkok bank you dont even have to talk to bangkok bank ...just enter the info in your US bank account to xfr to your bangkok bank account number via the NYC routing number and it will happen. Its 200 thb, and they give you bank rate on the exchange...awesome!

• Like 1

Bangkok can no longer set up transfer of funds in normal ACH format as used by US banks and all such now being processed will cease shortly.  It must be in the International format (which is not used for private US accounts) or sent by domestic wire transfer to the US Bangkok Bank for transfer to your Thailand account.  This may, or may not, be cheaper than direct SWIFT transfer to Thailand account.  Transferwise is what most people now use that do not have direct deposit in international format ACH ability.