Hot Climate

qwertz

If it's been done already , close the thread. I hear it often, especially from north Europeans, and most often from the women, that on a short stay they never manage to acclimatise. I find this too since high summer here is dry and rarely tops 30°C. Any input?

Well qwertz, I am not sure about this. I previously had no problem with the heat but this year I have noticed that it can be a bit draining. I also notice that my wife and many Thai neighbours are also complaining about the heat recently.

I actually did a stint in Saudi and had no problems with 50 degree plus temperatures for months at a time (mind you I was drunk most of the time). Don't know how I would manage now.

I lived the first thirty years of my life between Ireland and England and never got acclimatised to the cold there :o

I am very happy that I discovered TV so that I can vent any heat induced grummyness (spelling? too hot to spellcheck) on here

Edited by garro

Well qwertz, I am not sure about this. I previously had no problem with the heat but this year I have noticed that it can be a bit draining. I also notice that my wife and many Thai neighbours are also complaining about the heat recently.

I actually did a stint in Saudi and had no problems with 50 degree plus temperatures for months at a time (mind you I was drunk most of the time). Don't know how I would manage now.

I lived the first thirty years of my life between Ireland and England and never got acclimatised to the cold there :D

I am very happy that I discovered TV so that I can vent any heat induced grummyness (spelling? too hot to spellcheck) on here

drink lots of water cool not freezing shave in cold water stops the upper lip getting sweaty shower 1 hour before going out sit in front of the fan in bars etc and dont rush around look at the thai dont rush anything do they :o

I lived the first thirty years of my life between Ireland and England and never got acclimatised to the cold there :D

drink lots of water cool not freezing shave in cold water stops the upper lip getting sweaty shower 1 hour before going out sit in front of the fan in bars etc and dont rush around look at the thai dont rush anything do they :o

This is helpful input. I often meet up with relatives in Patt or Phuket and the women shop like crazy then collapse later. I suppose carting a load of purchases doesn't help. It's not the heat so much as the humidity I think; I worked in construction in Seville in high summer and acclimatised quickly as the air's very dry there. CM's cooler but I wonder how resident farangs cope with the heat long term.

If the women are going souvenir or clothes shopping, maybe doing it at night is a better idea, qwertz. Most touristy shops are still open quite late. Much cooler when the sun's gone down. :o

Wouldn't that make sense, NR, but no, evenings they want to put on the stuff they bought through the day and hit the town. BTW, they're mostly Ozzies, could this have a bearing on things?