non -o multi entry, but not married

Went into Sisaket IO on Monday to renew my retirement "visa". I've been doing it here ( sisaket ) for 3 years now. Since U.S embassy in Bangkok stopped giving us income letters we have to have 1 full year of transfers from our u.s bank to our thai bank. ( I chose the 65k per month method). It's not a problem with the income as I have enough. The problem is, since the law went into effect in Jan of this year, I don't have 1 year worth of transfers. IO said to go to Laos (Savannakhet) and get a 1 year non-o and next year will show full year so it won't be a no problem-  Question is- I'm not married. would I be able to get a 1 year non-o with all proof of income, transfer of 65k from u.s bank to my KTB account here. 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/981135-laws-regulations-police-orders-etc/

You may already have raised the issue of IO's being allowed leeway in the first year of the new regulations, such that a full 12 months of bank advices is not required. This is  clearly noted in the docs contained in the above link (item 17) with both the english and Thai versions available.

Might be worth a try to give your IO copies and request their comments.........

Perhaps you should suggest they contact Immigration Division 4 in Khoen Khen about the requirements.

A member was having the same problems at another office here in Isaan and was able to get it sorted out by contacting immigration in Bangkok who contacted division 4 about it.

Getting a single entry non-o visa in Savannakhet would also resolve the problem since only  a couple of months are required for the first extension using a new non-o visa for entry. It should not be a problem getting a single entry non-o by showing the transfers into your bank account.

1 minute ago, john thom said:

ubonjoe- the member contacted Bangkok and Bangkok contacted tie Isaan io ? 

Bangkok contacted Division 4 that is headquartered in Khon Kaen about it and they are the ones that contacted the local office about the requirements

Also If I go to Savannakhet, and show them all my pension,and social security income- ( it's above the 65k per month ) they'd give me the 1 year

You may be able to get a multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet that is valid for one year. But you really only need a single entry non-o visa.

don't I have to report to Laos for 90 day report and stamp?

With a multiple entry non-o visa you have to leave and re-enter the country every 90 days to get a new 90 day entry. It can be done at any border crossing or by air.

8 minutes ago, john thom said:

check, so I need the non-o multi entry

Not if you can get a single entry non-o visa and then apply for the one year extension based upon retirement during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from it. You only need to show 2 or 3 months of income to apply for the first extension using a entry from the non-o visa.

13 minutes ago, john thom said:

ohhhh, you mean apply for my retirement long stay in savannakhet,  after the 90 day?

No

You would apply for the one year extension at immigration in Sisaket showing the transfers you have now.

Many people have been told by other offices to get a single entry non-o visa to start over again since they only need a few months of income to apply for the extension (some had none to show).

The police order states this.

image.png.4e15aa875e9a6fcde064d74dfb146834.png

Just now, john thom said:

oye- I only have August and Sept. , just opened KTB account in July

Getting a single entry non-o visa would give you a chance to get some more transfers done.

According to the rules the 2 you have now would be enough.

yea, that's what I thought also, just seems that there is no set rules from IO  to IO. My retirement expires Oct 20. Maybe i'll take a trip to Laos with all my wheel barrow full of my proof of income, med ins, criminal records, my girlfriends property docs, bank transfers,bank book, her first born etc.    and see what happens

7 minutes ago, john thom said:

yea, that's what I thought also, just seems that there is no set rules from IO  to IO. My retirement expires Oct 20. Maybe i'll take a trip to Laos with all my wheel barrow full of my proof of income, med ins, criminal records, my girlfriends property docs, bank transfers,bank book, her first born etc.    and see what happens

Maybe I have had one too many. I didn't get this thread from the start. Your not married and sounds (unless I missed it) not father of Thai child. You have option of non o based on retirement. Probably too late but you should of stuck 800k in Thai bank couple months ago. 

Given that does not seem an option you need exit and obtain a non o. That gives you 90 days to apply 12 month extension based on retirement. Clearly I have missed key point. 

Dr.Jack-   yeah, I'v got pension funds that are no problem. Didn't want to put my money in Thai bank and only be able to use half of it, hence the 65k per month option. IO said they wanted 1 year of funds transfer, even though law went into effect Jan. 2019, Going to try and talk to Savannakhet and see if they'll give my a 1 year non-o , so I can provide sisaket IO next year with full year of transfers

11 minutes ago, john thom said:

Dr.Jack-   yeah, I'v got pension funds that are no problem. Didn't want to put my money in Thai bank and only be able to use half of it, hence the 65k per month option. IO said they wanted 1 year of funds transfer, even though law went into effect Jan. 2019, Going to try and talk to Savannakhet and see if they'll give my a 1 year non-o , so I can provide sisaket IO next year with full year of transfers

I get that john, but I'm confused. You don't get a one year non o. You obtain 90 day non o based on various reasons such as retirement or married to Thai or parent of Thai etc.

Think you need go outside los and obtain that. Then obtain extension within the 90 days. Either 30 days or some io 45 days prior to non o permission of stay date.

23 minutes ago, john thom said:

oh,  so how do I stay here in our home till I can rack up 1 years worth of 65k monthly transfers from u.s to my KTB account

John. Maybe you have clearly mentioned and i missed it. So do you have Thai wife, meaning married to Thai or you are parent (father) of Thai child. If yes to either you have other options. If not you option is non o based on retirement. 

Its not a "retirement visa". Its a non o visa. 

As mentioned it allows entry for 90 days entry and prior to until date you apply for 12 month extension. 

2 hours ago, john thom said:

oh,  so how do I stay here in our home till I can rack up 1 years worth of 65k monthly transfers from u.s to my KTB account

Your immigration office is (incorrectly) failing to offer leniency on a renewal of your retirement extension. When you enter with a new Non O visa, and apply for a first extension of the permission to stay on that Non O, you do not require 12 months of transfers. Only two to three months of transfers, and possibly some documentation to show they will continue, is necessary.

Brittim-  you're right. I tried to tell them that 2 times already. I don't want to get into a argument with them as I live here and need them to give me my 90 day stamp every 3 months. think ubonjoe suggested calling Bangkok. Or I was thinking of just taking a little holiday with my girl to bangkok and get everything done there

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

John. Maybe you have clearly mentioned and i missed it. So do you have Thai wife, meaning married to Thai or you are parent (father) of Thai child. If yes to either you have other options. If not you option is non o based on retirement. 

Its not a "retirement visa". Its a non o visa. 

As mentioned it allows entry for 90 days entry and prior to until date you apply for 12 month extension. 

Jack- my women and I are not married-   sorry for the confusion-  so do I understand this right- I go to savannakhet ask for a non-o multi entry, and go back every 90 days till I ask for a 12  month extension, or file for retirement here in Sisaket?

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

Your immigration office is (incorrectly) failing to offer leniency on a renewal of your retirement extension. When you enter with a new Non O visa, and apply for a first extension of the permission to stay on that Non O, you do not require 12 months of transfers. Only two to three months of transfers, and possibly some documentation to show they will continue, is necessary.

Britim- I'v been retired here for 3 years, I was going in just to renew

4 minutes ago, john thom said:

Britim- I'v been retired here for 3 years, I was going in just to renew

As I have already suggested and told you several times already you can get a single entry non-o visa and than apply for a new one year extension of stay. Since it will be considered your first extension of stay you will only need 2 or 3 months of transfers from abroad to show.

14 hours ago, john thom said:

oye- I only have August and Sept. , just opened KTB account in July

I do not know when you decided to use the income method. If you had transferred starting January you would have had 10 transfers to show. I do not know your local office but that may have been enough to show leniency. Too late now of course.