UK's worst-case no-deal Brexit plan warns of food shortages, public disorder

webfact

20 minutes ago, kingdong said:

You stated they started from a bumper sticker in the USA after the 9/11 atrocity,more lies from the project fear camp?

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/43618108/ns/us_news/t/post--security-blanket-wounded-nation/#.XXmobmbTW00

Possibly much older but certainly originated in the US. Popularised post 9/11.

BTW. What on earth has "these colours don't run" got to do with "project fear" or are you just clutching at straws for your straw man arguments.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wombat said:

meanwhile, the reality is...

You would have thought that Johnson and his government would have spoken with this guy before producing the Yellowhammer document.

Now its either crass incompetence and fear mongering by Bojo the clown or this guy is talking nonsense. 

Hmmmm at this point its difficult to decide which. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Or more likely his earliest recollection of its use was as a bumper sticker after 9/11.

The fact it has since been hijacked by the far right as he points out is not wrong though.

I think I made initial reference to it being a far right thing wether dc was being sarcastic in its usage in a speech on how patriotic " remain " are who knows,just because it's been hijacked by the extreme right,do.'es not make it racist.

5 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/43618108/ns/us_news/t/post--security-blanket-wounded-nation/#.XXmobmbTW00

BTW. What on earth has "these colours don't run" got to do with "project fear" or are you just clutching at straws for your straw man arguments.

No you used it as a cheap shot to try and discredit believers in democracy,like your references to football hooliganism.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, kingdong said:

I think I made initial reference to it being a far right thing wether dc was being sarcastic in its usage in a speech on how patriotic " remain " are who knows,just because it's been hijacked by the extreme right,do.'es not make it racist.

Problem is the connotations of wearing it now.

Anyway I think we are getting seriously off topic now.

8 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Possibly much older but originated in the usa? How could it " originate" in the USA but possibly be much older,?what a contradiction,by the way did you serve?

• Thanks 1