UK's worst-case no-deal Brexit plan warns of food shortages, public disorder

webfact

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Are they forced to come to the West at gunpoint?no,they,'re intelligent enough to realise what a state their country is in,the nurse who treats me as an out patient is from zimbabwe,Mugabe's loss is the nhs,s gain,suppose 50 years ago you,d have been chanting give them back their land,chimurenga,uhuru etc well they,ve got their self goverment,and you seem to think these educated citizens should have to remain against their will in these post colonial paradises?

Yes, some are forced at gunpoint, others are just trying to feed themselves and their children - way back in the sixties, "we" (soixantehuitards) warned the old farts that sooner or later this was going to happen, unless living condition in the poor countries would be improved.

6 minutes ago, elliss said:

Fyi , dont touch it mate , cant afford it , HP sauce is about it ..

On special in Villa ...

That doesn't explain why a few minutes ago you ask to posts facts and then counter claim by saying facts are worthless.

May I suggest that you take up drinking, the sauce.???? It is  always an acceptable excuse.

Just now, oldhippy said:

Yes, some are forced at gunpoint, others are just trying to feed themselves and their children - way back in the sixties, "we" (soixantehuitards) warned the old farts that sooner or later this was going to happen, unless living condition in the poor countries would be improved.

Well theyi got their independance,they,also had billions of pounds in foreign aid of which the bulk got stolen.why's it still the Wests problem?and who was forced out at gunpoint?if they are genuine refugees they,'re supposed to seek sanctuary in the nearest safe country,not the one that pays the highest welfare (at the expense of its own citizens)

3 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Yes, with Peter Green. Any more history lessons to teach ?

Only when someone like you gets it wrong,however no more,every thing you say is wrong so I won,t bother in future.ps Pete green was Fleetwood Mac guitarist,he didn,t write it either.

9 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So you can't show that those that have died voted for Brexit. So that is a lie you wrote.

You mention about a polls for young people. That's if polls are true as they have been proven lots of times are not in fact.

You say you wouldn't kick me when I am down. Don't make me laugh. Answer the first sentence and you might get some respect. But saying old racist codgers just shows what a charmer you are. I hope karma deals what you deserve from an old codger, as you so crudely put it.

So the evidence to counter what I said - work in progress ? 

Just find one scrap of evidence that suggests young people are in favour of brexit - ONE !! You claimed it was ‘fake news’ and so I provided you with the evidence as requested.

As for the old codgers - yet again just google leave vote demographics. It’s all there. 

I’ve given you my evidence, let’s see yours (The youth section of the BNP doesn’t count) 

What would you like karma to deal me ? 

4 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

I think you do yes - are you condoning Zorrows racism then ?

TVF clearly are 

What I'm saying is that "I've never seen so many white people in one place" and I don't condone racism in any form, but I think the EU could be a little more obliging than monochrome, don't you.????

4 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

Christ ,here comes the third way ex mature, late,very late school leaver manuring yet again ,now teeching hinglish.  Sorry Sunshine,life has left you behind,nothing for you here or at home,fit for nothing actually,but tell the folks back 'ome your doing fine,not much money  ,but hey ho ,money ain't everything

What on earth is wrong with you ?

Seriously ? 

Absolutely everything you write is completely incoherent. 

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

What I'm saying is that "I've never seen so many white people in one place" and I don't condone racism in any form, but I think the EU could be a little more obliging than monochrome, don't you.????

There are just 27 people there - and you’ve never seen 27 white people in a group together before ? 

Ever been to a football match, a swimming gala, a chess night ? Or ANY gathering in Cornwall ? 

What exactly is your point - though I admire your bravery as a leaver venturing into the racism field 

1 minute ago, Bruntoid said:

So its not fact just speculation.

2 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

Just find one scrap of evidence that suggests young people are in favour of brexit - ONE !! You claimed it was ‘fake news’ and so I provided you with the evidence as requested.

I never said they were in not in favour as a majority. Just not every young person believes in remain. Even with their brainwashing for years, many are astute enough to know that the UK is being milked by the EU.

10 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

As for the old codgers - yet again just google leave vote demographics. It’s all there. 

You keep using these derogatory remarks. Old codgers. Who d you think you are.  Firstly are you British. How old are you. It would seem your parents didn't bring you up with some dignity and respect.

12 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

I’ve given you my evidence, let’s see yours (The youth section of the BNP doesn’t count)

Again you are really rude. I guess you would be offend if I called you a Nazi for wanting to be controlled by the German dominated EU.

14 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

And you need to ask which is the funniest thing.

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

My mind is open.

Open to trading with the whole world, not just a small part of it.

Open to controlling our fishing waters.

Open to controlled immigration based on the needs of the country, not the country that issued the passport.

Open to setting our own laws.

Open to spending tax payers money on the UK, not on EU net beneficiaries.

Open to respecting the result of the democratic referendum.

Open to being able to democratically select/remove who runs the country, not leaving it to unelected EU officials.

If you need a comfort blanket that's fine, I have faith in the UK to succeed without being tied to the EU's apron strings.

So how are those deals going ? List them OR if that’s unfair just give us a glimpse of what’s in the pipeline 

(The vast majority of UK laws are created in the UK - don’t believe everything you read in The Sun) 

3 hours ago, Slip said:

Thank you for the reply Nauseus, and I will look at the data you suggest if I can find it.  If you have a link it would make my life easier, but no matter.  Having said that aren't you begging the question a little?  The original contention by the poster I was responding to was that labour governments lead to high deficits and unemployment.  The graphs I posted suggested that after the crash you mentioned it was the conservatives who had high deficits and unemployment, to which your response is "well imagine what it would be like under labour".  Anyway I appreciate your response, so thanks once again.

EDIT to add: Regardless we are way off topic I suppose, so I understand if you don't continue to go down this road.

These charts are easy to find. Please concentrate on the trends.

5 hours ago, Longcut said:

Remember Y2K? Everyone thought the world would end. But, nothing happened. Same, Same here.

Good grief how many more times is someone going to say that ? The completely unrelated comparison has been done to death 

Who said the ‘world was going to end’ ? Let alone ‘everyone’ 

15 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So its not fact just speculation.

I never said they were in not in favour as a majority. Just not every young person believes in remain. Even with their brainwashing for years, many are astute enough to know that the UK is being milked by the EU.

You keep using these derogatory remarks. Old codgers. Who d you think you are.  Firstly are you British. How old are you. It would seem your parents didn't bring you up with some dignity and respect.

Again you are really rude. I guess you would be offend if I called you a Nazi for wanting to be controlled by the German dominated EU.

And you need to ask which is the funniest thing.

100% waffle - if you don’t understand demographics I can’t help you. 

You can can call me whatever you like , there is zero chance you can offend me though there was one leaver earlier that went a bit apoplectic when bringing the Nazis into the argument so he might not be too impressed. 

So for the sake of clarity OLD people predominantly voted for leave and are thankfully expiring, YOUNG people don’t want it - so how do you think a second referendum would go ? Take your time now .....

35 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

All my nieces and nephews in the UK. And they are all highly educated.

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

All my nieces and nephews in the UK. And they are all highly educated.

Even if this is true, so what? You think your family sample correlates highly with the British populace.

ANd then there's the question of the reliability of data from an unverifiable source.

4 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Sounds like Johnson is begging for concessions on his desperate fool's errand. 

EU sources suggested Johnson had sought to avoid a meeting in Brussels for fear of giving the impression that the new prime minister was begging for concessions. A European commission spokeswoman said Juncker would meet Johnson for a “working lunch”.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/13/boris-johnson-to-meet-juncker-for-brexit-talks-in-luxembourg

Love seeing the bravado cum grovelling develop - can see the conversation now 

EU - “So Mr Johnson you’ve made a complete cluster <deleted> of everything you’ve touched, cannot open your mouth without crashing your countries currency and have been caught lying to your monarchy whilst shutting down the democratic institution known as parliament to avoid scrutiny at a time when you have never needed it open more, you hold no cards whatsoever and we are six times richer than you - how can we help ?” 

BJ - would you pretty please accept May’s deal but change the paragraphs around so it looks different and I can claim a success ? I’m properly in the <deleted> here and if I get sent to prison I’m going to be torn a new one by Mr Big who’s in with the wardens!

2 hours ago, zorrow424 said:

Not against immigration,you ever seen it up there in Uk   the 10 year BBC then and now spells it out    family commitments at the moment  Ill dig it out

Everything you write reads like The Times cryptic crossword puzzle - and that’s always a <deleted> to finish !! 

5 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Even if this is true, so what? You think your family sample correlates highly with the British populace.

ANd then there's the question of the reliability of data from an unverifiable source.

It's true. Even I was surprised. I did not mention correlation. I just said that all the youngsters of my extended family in the UK are pro leave. You can question what you like and call me a liar but I have no reason to lie and even less reason to care about what you say.

Archived