Preparation Docs required for Non Immigrant B Visa

Just a quick one, presumably a school can prepare the documents required for this fairly quickly if they need to or do they need to request info from some government department?

Just wondering how long it takes them to get the documents ready.

Secondly, once the visa has been obtained how long can you expect to take on average to receive your work permit?

Thanks in advance.

It changes all the time. Usually it takes at least a month-month and a half for the non-B if you get all the required paperwork in quickly. work permit might be two weeks after you get back. but again, different areas ask for different things meaning the time frame can change. However, what I have stated above is based on my experience. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Templeton said:

It changes all the time. Usually it takes at least a month-month and a half for the non-B if you get all the required paperwork in quickly. work permit might be two weeks after you get back. but again, different areas ask for different things meaning the time frame can change. However, what I have stated above is based on my experience. 

Yes guessing it's like a piece of string but just interested in ball park figures so thanks.

Presumably they don't need to keep your passport for this month to 6 week period?